Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 04:07 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Your plan HAS nothing to do with healthcare reform or its policies. Its like saying . . look, global warming is hoax, my cube temperature at work is 68 degrees.
Really? Prove it....and also tell me what in my plan has changed since the ACA has been implemented?

What you are saying is like, you can keep your Dr., you can keep your insurance, your plans were just junk anyway....

The rest of your post I don't care about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 04:13 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
seems that 16% seems within those ballparks. i.e. healthcare reform, which was never targeted at reducing rates, had no meaningful impact on rates but has increased participation significantly. not bad.
Um, Obama said it would cut premiums $2500 per family on average.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:10 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
Pre-existing conditions are normally considerations for individual plans. Group plans ( via an employer) normally don't worry about pre-existing conditions. They just group 20-30 or 250, or 2,500, or 5,000 all together. I.e. the ability to not ask about pre-existing conditions didn't impact most health plans in the U S (either through employer or through feds such as medicare)
Plans might have a 6 mo exclusion, if you were treated within the past 6 mo for a pre-existing condition.

HIPAA, pre-existing condition exclusions, and creditable coverage

This happened with my wife and my office group plan. Including her would doubled all our rates!

And it also reminds to check tomorrow and see if we can take her now.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:10 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Plans might have a 6 mo exclusion, if you were treated within the past 6 mo for a pre-existing condition.

HIPAA, pre-existing condition exclusions, and creditable coverage

This happened with my wife and my office group plan. Including her would doubled all our rates!

And it also reminds to check tomorrow and see if we can take her now.
One state, Indiana, had no cap on the " look back".

Most states allowed insurers to discriminate against those with pre-existing conditions.

Most states allowed insurers to cap annual/ lifetime benefits. Once exceeded, the patient was SOL.

Most Cancer Treatment Centers declined to treat patients who do not have insurance or are underinsured unless they can pay in cash before treatment.

Some states allowed insurers to sell high deductible/ low cap insurance including plans that did not cover hospitalization.

Yeah, the states did a swell job of managing healthcare insurance before a common baseline.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:42 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Gosh darn it, it's too bad I risked my health by getting an unpreventable cancer at 23! I deserve to never be able to buy health insurance again for my poor choices and lack of regard for my health.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:52 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um, Obama said it would cut premiums $2500 per family on average.
Both sides lied A LOT to the American people during the fight over this law.

At this point, you'll have to console yourself with the fact that a whole bunch of lower income young voters are finally starting to feel the pain of penalties or mandatory purchase of a product a number of them don't value and whom pay much higher profit margins on in order to subsidize older insureds and those with pre-existing conditions etc.

There is a reason they waited past 2012 to implement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies