Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2015, 11:34 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I am having mixed emotions about this it's like watching some teen girl drama show of sorts with some super powers thrown in. Maybe if she wasn't so young if she's going to cry at every little thing that happens to her then no I'll pass.
What post are you responding to?

From this post of course, if you have common sense you would shy away from someone who is set off at the drop of a hat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 11:35 AM

19,013 posts, read 14,186,291 times
Where's the outrage at Congress for devaluing the money system with inflation?

Old 05-14-2015, 11:39 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Where's the outrage at Congress for devaluing the money system with inflation?
I've complained since before it started.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:51 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
That would be because of big government regulations on selling produce.

So, either stop voting for politicians who keep passing more and more useless regulations that keep poor people poor or learn to work within the system that those people you put in power create.
Your solutions don't help him much, do they? Yet you and your ilk continue to claim that poverty is caused by a lack of a person taking responsibility for their own life..how ironic

Old 05-14-2015, 11:54 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,703,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
well of course you started a business with nothing, and you are probably a self made millionaire too, but not everyone is as smart as you.
I'm not the only one who has ever started a business with nothing.
No, I'm not a self-made millionaire - but I plan to be before I retire.
It doesn't take high intelligence to start a business, but it does take drive and determination.

Quote:
I used to hire a disabled guy to do odd jobs for me. He decided to start his own business selling produce in a parking lot where the owner gave him permission to do so, spent all his money buying the produce, set it all up and 4 hours later got arrested for selling produce without a license, $500 fine; and they confiscated his produce
And this has exactly what to do with anything I said? Apparently your guy broke the law, which tends to have consequences. In most municipalities, a business license costs ~$100 or less.

It's amazing to me that so many people get defensive when I talk about starting a business in order to improve income. Is it really so much more productive to sit around and whine about how unfair things are than it is to go out and improve your situation? Or is it just that you wish to be contrary and argue the point for the sheer sake of arguing?

Old 05-14-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Your solutions don't help him much, do they? Yet you and your ilk continue to claim that poverty is caused by a lack of a person taking responsibility for their own life..how ironic
Perhaps he should have taken responsibility in making sure that he was doing something that was legal...

Old 05-14-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Perhaps he should have taken responsibility in making sure that he was doing something that was legal...
I must be a mind reader, I just knew you would say that....

Old 05-14-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
oh yes, we are back to responsibility..heck yeah, I mean he never should have lost his leg, big dummy it's not our fault if an idiot gets his stupid leg cut off

Old 05-14-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
oh yes, we are back to responsibility..heck yeah, I mean he never should have lost his leg, big dummy it's not our fault if an idiot gets his stupid leg cut off
It was illegal for him to lose his leg? I'm not sure where ya'll live, but you might want to think about moving.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
It was illegal for him to lose his leg? I'm not sure where ya'll live, but you might want to think about moving.
that's not what I said, is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies