Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 05:58 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times

Advertisements

Breitbart ran this the other day Journalists Hold Tom Brady to Higher Standard Than Hillary Clinton - Breitbart and I shrugged it off as more red meat to the right, but then I saw it in action this morning on CNN.

Chris Cuomo was interviewing Michael Smerconish, their pet right wing radio show host, about fundraising and the Clinton Foundation. Cuomo dismissed any points Smerconish made and declared it was time to "move forward" (we know that phrase right? That's when liberals don't want to talk about it anymore).

So moving forward, their next piece was on Tom Brady. When one of the commentators had the nerve to talk about Brady moving past this mess, Cuomo jumped down her throat and declared that Brady doesn't get a pass, "we don't just close the door on the past" he said righteously.

Wtf?

Lets see, deflated footballs versus the potential of an ethically challenged presidential candidate collecting massive donations from foreign countries for favors while SoS.

And all the howling-man outrage is directed at Brady? Maybe he shouldn't have skipped the WH with the rest of the team, the MSM is out for blood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 06:22 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Brady offended the O-cult contingent of the media by skipping the White House visit. He must pay now.

Old 05-08-2015, 06:53 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Breitbart ran this the other day Journalists Hold Tom Brady to Higher Standard Than Hillary Clinton - Breitbart and I shrugged it off as more red meat to the right, but then I saw it in action this morning on CNN.

Chris Cuomo was interviewing Michael Smerconish, their pet right wing radio show host, about fundraising and the Clinton Foundation. Cuomo dismissed any points Smerconish made and declared it was time to "move forward" (we know that phrase right? That's when liberals don't want to talk about it anymore).

So moving forward, their next piece was on Tom Brady. When one of the commentators had the nerve to talk about Brady moving past this mess, Cuomo jumped down her throat and declared that Brady doesn't get a pass, "we don't just close the door on the past" he said righteously.

Wtf?

Lets see, deflated footballs versus the potential of an ethically challenged presidential candidate collecting massive donations from foreign countries for favors while SoS.

And all the howling-man outrage is directed at Brady? Maybe he shouldn't have skipped the WH with the rest of the team, the MSM is out for blood.
Just think if the would treat dems like this?

Old 05-08-2015, 09:05 AM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,799 times
Brady is a good quarterback. But every time his name or the Patriots are brought up, first thing I think of is "cheating." There will always be an asterisk.

Quote:
Did Michael Jordan cheat to get his six championships?" Stewart asked. "No. In fact, Michael Jordan decided to play a sport he sucked at just to give other people the chance to win a championship.
Jon Stewart Takes The Air Out Of That 'Cheating F**k' Tom Brady

Old 05-08-2015, 10:57 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,075,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Brady is a good quarterback. But every time his name or the Patriots are brought up, first thing I think of is "cheating." There will always be an asterisk.
Well, one does think of cheating when the Patriots are brought up, but then.....pretty much all sports these days, beginning at the college levels, are wracked with cheating, criminals, or overstimulated egos.

It's just a game. Brady kept the check, the rings, and whatever else you get for winning a super bowl.

And there is no way the union is going to accept a player being fined, suspended or otherwise spanked because "he might have been involved" in tampering with the footballs.

He might not have, too.

Let's not pretend that the NFL was some lofty enterprise to begin with. When you lay down with dogs, you can expect to get fleas. Brady will scratch for a few days, but the itch will quickly "be in the past."

Old 05-08-2015, 11:08 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

Wtf?

>>>>LOL. Smerconish is about as right wing as Ed Schultz, literally. Both started out pursuing a career as right wing radio talk show hosts but sold out and swerved left in the hopes of more lucrative and successful careers. Schultz was somewhat successful, he never got the success his rivals got but the playing field was at least far less competitive in liberal talk radio. Smerconish only alienated himself. Hated and abandoned by the right and never accepted by the left, he's become a quisling Quasimodo that tries to convince others he's main stream middle ground. Both are just mercenaries out for money and recognition and are for sale to the highest bidder. Not to take away from your bringing up the discussion, I just can't pass a chance to bash Smerconish. He's trash.
I also find it hard to believe that the Clinton crowd wouldn't flock to Brady's defense, he seems to be their kind of people.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:37 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post

And there is no way the union is going to accept a player being fined, suspended or otherwise spanked because "he might have been involved" in tampering with the footballs.
First, there is precedence that the NFL makes decisions based on a preponderance of evidence (51/49) like in a civil trial. So if the Commissioner does not punish the Patriots and Brady he is going to take another hit to his credibility. I bet the personnel of the Saints are sitting back just waiting to see what will be done. The Commish stated before that ignorance is no excuse.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:41 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
Inflategate is a nothing story. If they want to go after the NFL, I'd like to see them have tougher standards on performance enhancing drugs.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:48 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post

Jon Stewart Takes The Air Out Of That 'Cheating F**k' Tom Brady
And what's the first thing you think of when Clinton is brought up? Angel? Perfect? Honest? Or is it the words that must not be spoken about Hillary?

"polarizing," "calculating," "disingenuous," "insincere," "ambitious," "inevitable," "entitled," "over-confident," "secretive," "will do anything to win," "represents the past," and "out of touch."

Old 05-08-2015, 02:24 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies