Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 07:15 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Christian Nation? Americans Would Prefer A Gay Person To An Evangelist For President | If You Only News

America appears to have done a 180 on the acceptance of gays and lesbians.
Haven't they already.....

oh nevermind.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:23 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
I know who I would prefer.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:50 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
I know a lot of people who could benefit for having god in their lives ... most young Americans appear hyper focused on jz and beyonce over personal introspection and enlightenment

Old 05-09-2015, 08:30 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I know a lot of people who could benefit for having god in their lives ... most young Americans appear hyper focused on jz and beyonce over personal introspection and enlightenment
Indeed. Clapton is God.

Mick

Old 05-09-2015, 08:32 PM

24,114 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think much of America is getting very fed up with "Christian" charlatans who cloak their hatred and intolerance in the bible.
This is what I think.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:41 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Who the hell is fascinated with homosexuals?
I started to notice the Christians' fascination with gays the first time I happened upon Jerry Falwell on cable TV in 1979. Every time I went past that channel, he seemed to be talking about homosexuality. I thought it was a gay show, and they were engaging in some sort of dialectical exchange. I'd never heard anyone talk about the gays out loud this often -- incessantly, really -- and in such a public manner before. And of course, over the years, the Christians have only become more and more obsessed with the gays.

Last edited by jay5835; 05-09-2015 at 09:42 PM..

Old 05-09-2015, 09:34 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
This is exactly why I wouldn't want a Christian politician if he or she had this attitude. Religion and politics have no place together. Thanks for making my point.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:39 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
None of the above. We need a capable someone who isn't immersed in their own agenda.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:40 PM

746 posts, read 1,728,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I started to notice the Christians' fascination with gays the first time I happened upon Jerry Falwell on cable TV in 1979. Every time I went past that channel, he seemed to be talking about homosexuality. I'd never heard anyone talk about the gays so often -- incessantly, really -- and in such a public manner before. Over the years, the Christians have only become more and more obsessed with the gays.
The media is the one obsessed with gays and lesbians.

I've taken a few seminary classes, so this doesn't make me an expert. But there's many Jew and Christian scripture experts that say same-sex attraction was never an issue in Biblical times. What was an issue was male-female adultery and anal-penetration of any kind. Even the Greeks, which are held up as an enlightened culture, adored homosexuality, but anal penetration was worthy of death. Married men in Greek culture routinely had a young male lover. This Greek male-male love was not specifically called out in Hebrew and Aramaic scriptures, which seems bizarre. In fact, there are instances where Jesus appears to approve (Roman Centurions by definition cannot be married, but Jesus healed his 'son' which was a term for his life partner).

Now a days, many people assume gay men always do anal sex, almost exclusively. But some I understand would absolutely not do anything regarding anal penetration. The scriptures are quite clear about that subject, but most Christian leaders assume that is the only way homosexual men can interact sexually.

Lesbian acts are not forbidden by scripture. Polygamy is not forbidden by scripture, (it says its not best, but it isn't forbidden) but if a man marries two or more wives, somehow he is a depraved maniac. In our societies need to conform ourselves, we've taken liberties with some definitions. Queens Elizabeth and Victoria were some of the worst homosexual haters, as anti-sodomy laws were enacted to classify nearly any sexual act outside marriage as sodomy and indecent.

I have known some gays and lesbians and they are some of the finest most brilliant minds and typically have a myriad of talents. The Lord has something special in mind for these people.

Christians with homosexual attractions do exist and its not a contradiction. Christian haters need to move on to something else that they know about, rather than just be ignorant about spiritual matters.

Last edited by fourwinds; 05-09-2015 at 09:50 PM..

Old 05-09-2015, 09:41 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
None of the above. We need a capable someone who isn't immersed in their own agenda.
I have never had a gay person come to my door asking for my support.

People of religion have. Political representatives have.

Who's pushing their own agenda?

Last edited by Old Town FFX; 05-09-2015 at 10:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies