Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 08:05 PM

2,953 posts, read 985,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGarrison View Post
You have a simpleton mindset. I'm 43 and am in good overall health. When I indicated that I won't be here much longer, we all exist on this earth for a very short time. Before we all know it, we will all be gone from this earth.

I'm satisfied that I got saved in my thirties and realize now that life is impossible without the creation. But if you feel we evolved my mistake, and that the complexity of life is an accident then good luck with that. The fact is the simple cell is more complicated than the most complicated piece of machinery that man has ever created. So if you want to believe the most complicated supercomputer we have today could have made itself, then have fun with that theory; I would hate to be in your shoes.

God bless.
Christian faith doesn't have to be threatened by evolution. That is a simpleton's mindset. You've pretzeled yourself into ridiculous contortions with this creationism garbage all because you've given up your own judgement and critical thinking so that you can feel safe in the simplicity of an unquestioning belief in every single word of an ancient book. It seems at first like fundamentalism would be a nice simple guide for life but then you're confronted with these awkward gaps between your 2000-3500 yr old book's model of the world and what the realities of the modern world throw in your face ... like science. So like all people who refuse to accept that evidence leads to a conclusion (and not the other way around), they twist inconvenient evidence to fit their preconceived conclusion. You trowel some ugly nasty glue into the cracks to make something that doesn't fit seem to fit. That nasty filler crap is your creationism.

That stuff about supercomputers is nonsense. What you're trying to say is that something that is massively complex cannot possibly come from simple understandable origins ... it must have been divinely created. Untrue. Biogeneticists and computer scientists have shown that if you create very small simple virtual machines guided by a set of simple rules for how they interact and if you let a whole bunch of them go, the result will organize into something extremely complex. If you looked at the whole of it without understanding the very simple key rules of the 'cells' you would see it as something almost unfathomable.

All this does is prove that complex can self organize from very simple. It does not have to come from God. When you see a fluorescent poison-dart tree frog that fits perfectly into its ecosystem, just because you can't fathom how that happened doesn't mean it must have been intelligently designed by a super complex creator like God.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:42 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,073,760 times
Stop fighting people, what we need is someone who can unite us all. "There are no Red States or Blue States. There is only the United States of America." Let's pray for a gay evangelist President. Impossible you say? I give you Exhibit A: Ted Haggard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mick

Old 05-13-2015, 09:30 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,177,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Okay I really do understand from your point of view that you view homosexual sex as a sin, I understand that point of view but I disagree since I don't believe in the concept of sin.

I do think though some people miss the mark and do the wrong thing by making bad choices that directly impacts and harm others.

Why do you hate what someone else does if if doesn't directly impact you or harm anyone?
Homophobes are just pisses becaused they can't get laid.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:33 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,840,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Stop fighting people, what we need is someone who can unite us all. "There are no Red States or Blue States. There is only the United States of America." Let's pray for a gay evangelist President. Impossible you say? I give you Exhibit A: Ted Haggard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mick
That's funny! He's actually bisexual the hypocrisy in his story is something else, I doubt that it's a unique case, he made some stupid choices and got caught that's all.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:44 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Homophobes are just pisses becaused they can't get laid.

I have actually overheard some interesting conversations some homophobes actually believe that if they interact with a Gay sooner or later he'll try to go after their tool, they believe Gays in general have poor self control and would eventually make a pass.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:46 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,177,119 times
Quote:
I have actually overheard some interesting conversations some homophobes actually believe that if they interact with a Gay sooner or later he'll try to go after their tool, they believe Gays in general have poor self control and would eventually make a pass.
Yeah, and they would be powerless to assert their hetero lifestyle and succumb to the siren song of "the gay". lol.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:52 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Yeah, and they would be powerless to assert their hetero lifestyle and succumb to the siren song of "the gay". lol.
You nailed it they worry their curiosity may get the best of them, some people slip and say things after a few drinks.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:44 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,138,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Sincere Question: is it a sin for two men (or women) to be in love with each other, but not engaging in sodomy? I've asked this before, and haven't gotten any straight answer (no pun intended. maybe a little).

Mick
Yes, it is sin. One of the recurring themes throughout the Bible is that a person should strive to be pure in heart, mind, and spirit - not merely in actions.

"But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Matthew 5:28

"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh." Galatians 5:16

"Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry." Colossians 3:5

"For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God;" 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 (in this passage and some others, "Gentiles" does not refer to those who aren't Jewish; it refers to those who are unsaved)

Old 05-13-2015, 11:28 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,138,467 times
Quote:
Why do you hate what someone else does if if doesn't directly impact you or harm anyone?
You still think that hating someone's actions = hating the person. I'm done wasting my time on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies