Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 01:17 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times

Advertisements

We must teach the primitive people in Paraguay that pedophilia is wrong. This kind of stuff never happens in the US. I think.

Mick

Old 05-11-2015, 01:22 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
This is a sincere question. Why do Christians feel like they have to stop everyone (of every faith or no faith) from having an abortion. I see that killing a baby (however defined vis-a-vis a fetus) is a sin for Christians. Makes sense. So if they want to stop the members of their own faith from having an abortion, okay, fine, whatever.

But if a expectant mother is not a Christian, what gives you the right to impose your values on the mother who don't share your values or faith? The baby is not going to be Christian, at least until decades after birth, either. So, I don't get it.

Do you go around telling Buddhists to rest and pray on Sundays, Muslims not to covet their neighbor's wife, and so on? Would like Muslims to tell you not to drink or eat bacon? Or Jews to tell you not to use electricity during sabbath?

Planned Parenthood staff has a saying, that the exceptions to abortion are, "Rape, Incest and Mine." The protestors' daughters come in to the clinic with the mom to get an abortion, and the staff and provider have to work on the daughter while the mom is insulting them. Not to mention daughters of religious leaders and conservative politicians . . . Hypocrisy is unreal.

Give me a break.

Anyone citing Planned Parenthood as the bastion of civility and an example of victimhood has got a lot of hormones. Notwithstanding this organization's support of unrestricted , late-term abortion, and undermining parents' relationship with their daughters, they refuse to notify parents, authorities, OR social service personnel when a minor states she's been impregnated by an an adult male.

As far as "Christians imposing their beliefs on everyone," that's an embarrasingly specious argument. There are many things that are illegal which have roots in many religions (though it's clear that your attack was meant only for Christians).

And, BTW, if those who think it's acceptable to use abortion as another method of birth control expect the rest of us to sit by quietly while euphamisms are employed for procedures that kill babies right up until birth, they can think again.

They'd better get used to the noise. And the truth.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:27 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,337,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I don't think most people would advocate for a person who doesn't want a baby to raise it. There are many people who would love to adopt a baby. The birth parents do not have to end up with the costs.

Less of these 'mistakes' would happen if people were more responsible about who they are sleeping with, what type of future and commitment is planned together, and responsible use of birth control. It isn't about punishment. It is more of a think before you do something stupid like casually sleeping with someone you don't want around in eighteen years. If you don't want a baby, then don't make one. Take responsibility and do not create a bad situation to begin with. If you get to the point where you have an unwanted pregnancy, poor choices have already happened.
And how exactly does this line of reasoning apply to this girl's circumstance or any other rape victim? I guess she should have thought about the consequences before she went and got raped!

Old 05-11-2015, 01:35 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
And how exactly does this line of reasoning apply to this girl's circumstance or any other rape victim? I guess she should have thought about the consequences before she went and got raped!
Go read Comment #17. I believe I already answered it there.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:37 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,054,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
We must teach the primitive people in Paraguay that pedophilia is wrong. This kind of stuff never happens in the US. I think.

Mick
Huh?? it happens everywhere in The U.S.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Give me a break.

Anyone citing Planned Parenthood as the bastion of civility and an example of victimhood has got a lot of hormones. Notwithstanding this organization's support of unrestricted , late-term abortion, and undermining parents' relationship with their daughters, they refuse to notify parents, authorities, OR social service personnel when a minor states she's been impregnated by an an adult male.

As far as "Christians imposing their beliefs on everyone," that's an embarrasingly specious argument. There are many things that are illegal which have roots in many religions (though it's clear that your attack was meant only for Christians).
That's all nice, but the bottom line is that an abortion up to viability is a Constitutional right (I know you guys like that word). You know, like the Second Amendment. So abortion is legal, not "illegal".

Planned Parenthood conforms to applicable laws of the jurisdiction as a general proposition, though I don't know if they would comply with legislative law that is egregiously inconsistent with the Constitution. Please provide links substantiating your claims from a legitimate media source.

Mick

Old 05-11-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Huh?? it happens everywhere in The U.S.
sarcasm

Old 05-11-2015, 02:02 PM

625 posts, read 623,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
There are many people who would love to adopt a healthy newborn baby.

If the people having abortions of convenience had to carry the baby to term instead of aborting it, they most likely would have second thoughts about carelessly creating a second baby they didn't want either.
Really, I have to wonder how many people "who would love to adopt" would step up to adopt a baby from:
*the ghetto, an indian reservation or the wrong side of the tracks
*a drug mom
*parents of questionable backgrounds
*parents with low IQ's
*parents with medical problems
*parents with HIV/Aids
*a mom who did drugs and/or drank throughout her pregnancy
*a mom who didn't know she was pregnant, didn't care or was too scared to tell and didn't get good prenatal care
*a mom who got raped and doesn't know what color/race baby is being born & if the rapist might have had an STD or an infectious disease
*parents if one or both of the parents are known felons (THUGS) or killers, known drug users
*parents who have been and out of the prison system

Well, you get the idea. Preaching is all good so long as it's from your side of the street, from your pulpit and especially as long as you don't have to take that dirty smelly crying baby with all those problems home.

All those pretty pink PERFECT healthy white babies get snatched up quick. How else can you explain families going overseas to adopt when children spend years waiting for adoptions that never come? All because many only want the "cute baby." Just like every one wants the cute puppy or the baby bunny at Easter.

Oh and before ya'll start this isn't a race thing. All of the above can be moms of any race or ethnicity, and if you don't think so you're just not very bright.

Last edited by BamaBlue; 05-11-2015 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: add info

Old 05-11-2015, 02:44 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,830,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Really, I have to wonder how many people "who would love to adopt" would step up to adopt a baby from:
*a drug mom
*parents with low IQ's
*parents with HIV/Aids
*a mom who didn't know she was pregnant, didn't care or was too scared to tell and didn't get good prenatal care
*a mom who got raped and doesn't know what color/race baby is being born & if the rapist might have had an STD or an infectious disease
*parents if one or both of the parents are known felons (THUGS) or killers, known drug users

Well, you get the idea. Preaching is all good so long as it's from your side of the street, from your pulpit and especially as long as you don't have to take that dirty smelly crying baby with all those problems home.

All those pretty pink PERFECT healthy white babies get snatched up quick. How else can you explain families going overseas to adopt when children spend years waiting for adoptions that never come? All because many only want the "cute baby." Just like every one wants the cute puppy or the baby bunny at Easter.

Oh and before ya'll start this isn't a race thing. All of the above can be moms of any race or ethnicity, and if you don't think so you're just not very bright.
People who adopt from foster care do it all the time. I know someone whose small son is in a psychiatric hospital right now...he's 7. His birth mom is mentally ill. I am sure his adoptive mom knew exactly what she was taking on when she adopted him. Not everyone sees these kids as "damaged goods." Are their lives less valuable than anyone else's?

ETA most babies adopted overseas are not white. Many parents go that route because a)a child is guaranteed (it's just a matter of being matched up to a child) and b)some parents like knowing the birth parents can't come back and reclaim their child someday.

Being ignorant is not very bright either. Research your FACTS.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:01 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
*a drug mom
*parents with low IQ's
*parents with HIV/Aids

I am friends with or know several people who have adopted many of the above babies. The baby has to be available for adoption before it can be adopted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies