U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 01:04 AM

7,558 posts, read 2,428,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
It is racist to report exactly what is happening? I guess that is why the race of a criminal is redacted when the criminal is black, because it would be considered "singling a race out for ridicule". How about this, don't do ridiculous things. Stay in your seat and behave when someone is giving a speech. It is called being polite.
No, it's racist to pin negativity on one group when both are doing it. Another video from further back CLEARLY shows white people leaving. These whites got up FROM THE FRONT right in her eyesight.

But of course, the ghetto rat of a woman has to be cantankerous and make it racial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 05:08 AM

580 posts, read 735,613 times
I wonder which political party she belongs. Hmmmm

Old 05-11-2015, 05:30 AM

17,762 posts, read 19,791,121 times
I don't understand... the news is incomplete.. WHY are people leaving? It doesn't even answer that basic question... and then people jump all over it like they know... problem is, the DON'T know... I need a little more context...

Old 05-11-2015, 05:39 AM

935 posts, read 489,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equal-Opp. View Post
I wonder which political party she belongs. Hmmmm
I have no idea, none at all.

Hmmmmmmmm

Old 05-11-2015, 05:53 AM

30,443 posts, read 20,094,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
If you single out a race for ridicule, you MIGHT be racist

Then again, I MIGHT just be connecting the dots.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:57 AM

30,443 posts, read 20,094,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
She had to do that because otherwise she would be bullied by the thought police. Political correctness has killed free speech in this republic.

Only one way out, and we all know what it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJhPLGMhRuQ

Old 05-11-2015, 06:27 AM

19,005 posts, read 12,198,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0XYkFkoYXo

"Georgia school founder shocks students with racist remarks during graduation ceremony.

The founder of TNT Academy in Lilburn Georgia shocked students and parents alike when she made racists comments towards her black graduates.
[MOD CUT/copyright violation]"

Do you think there should be some focus on the accuracy of her statement as whether she was right or not that the people who were leaving are all or mostly blacks?

Ever been to college graduations? This happens all of the time. As soon as thier child recieves thier diploma, they get up and leave. I have seen this at MANY college graduations.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:15 AM

11,675 posts, read 6,277,227 times
While the remarks aren't racist alone (they are racial, though, but the two are not the same), they do make me question the principal's views on race. Why was it necessary to bring race into the equation here (and, note, there were obviously plenty of black families/students who DID NOT leave the auditorium, judging by the reaction of those who remained once the principal made such a foolish statement)? I submit that it wasn't, and that it wouldn't shock me if this woman ultimately is a racist to bring up such a point.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:28 AM

7,249 posts, read 5,581,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't understand... the news is incomplete.. WHY are people leaving? It doesn't even answer that basic question... and then people jump all over it like they know... problem is, the DON'T know... I need a little more context...
Well, you could read the thread. Or watch the longer video. Or read an article (linked to in this thread) about it. Then you, like the rest of us (excepting the racists on CD who will rush to defend any white person being blatantly racist), would know too and wouldn't need to come on here and attack everyone else.

You want someone to attack? How about attacking the racists on here who have rushed to defend this despicable woman and assert that what she was saying was 1) factual and 2) not racist, despite video evidence and clear indication that what she said was 1) not factual and 2) blatantly racist?

Old 05-11-2015, 08:04 AM

15,412 posts, read 7,873,596 times
Just wanted to point out if it hasn't already, that the reason people were leaving and talking was because the principal and already dismissed everyone, which is why she said it was her "mistake."

Also, this took place in a metro Atlanta suburb that is majority black, so of course some black people were leaving, probably more of them than white people who were leaving (which you can plainly see in the video some white people did leave).

I personally felt that the lady is a nut and shouldn't be an administrator of a school. She was very disrespectful and obviously inept being she couldn't follow a graduation ceremony program.

Also, you all should read her son's FB page where he drops "n" bombs and dares people to come to his house (gave out his address and everything) over what his mom said.

Evidently she is an old school southern racist IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or