U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 03:53 PM

1 posts, read 584 times

Advertisements

My generation has never owned a slave, my grandmother was a white slave. My generation was never a part of slavery. So I fail to see why we are punished for a past that belongs to generations before. Too many people chose to live in the past because it makes their present easier. Maybe we should hold new York responsible for how the Irish were treated... Seriously, where do we draw the f-ing line. Where would the world stand if we held every single mistake every single country has made? There has to be a serious line to be drawn and there has to be a direction that leads forward. Wake up people. That is the future. Blame Is a reason to cling to the past. We can hold each other back or we can swallow or past and move forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 03:59 PM

7,846 posts, read 5,261,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gsaylor View Post
My generation has never owned a slave, my grandmother was a white slave. My generation was never a part of slavery. So I fail to see why we are punished for a past that belongs to generations before. Too many people chose to live in the past because it makes their present easier. Maybe we should hold new York responsible for how the Irish were treated... Seriously, where do we draw the f-ing line. Where would the world stand if we held every single mistake every single country has made? There has to be a serious line to be drawn and there has to be a direction that leads forward. Wake up people. That is the future. Blame Is a reason to cling to the past. We can hold each other back or we can swallow or past and move forward.
Please explain how you are being punished.

Old 05-10-2015, 04:13 PM

5,876 posts, read 2,356,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
That is exactly my question...IF he/she has no clue and just hates the unrest..Just maybe getting educated about how a whole culture has been systematically targeted for past 60+ years..especially since Pres. Jonson's Civil Rights Law...Point being..back prior..the police or any citizen could hang and drag someone forth and make mockery of them.. Since then...much went underground however didn't stop the targeting/profiling nor killing with impunity claiming lies as an excuse....

This is not the past..It's the NOW..Doers of inhumane things are being captured on video for the world to see..verbal complaint's ( in past) were deemed unfounded are now validated...Video NOW tells the tale...NO Longer can unjust/injustice be sanctioned anymore...IF some feel threatened by that..I feel sorry for them..as they obviously have no clue of the sanctioned murder under the guise of LE for decades++++

Now..having said that..NOT all..But those angry, hateful one's get backed 150% ..first by their brothers in blue..then those spoon fed types who blindly believe Police are perfect...WAKE up for sure....

We are at a time in history..that it is no longer acceptable for the good cops to lie down and allow the BAD one's to get away with such heinous acts..Whistleblowers have to be protected 150%..As I have read so many accounts of when they got threatened..drummed out of LE altogether...Police Union's ought to be ashamed of themselves!!!

Maybe IF Unions had to pay half of the settlements caused by their guilty sues payers found liable for death's or life ending compromises..Millions per year..Just maybe they would be capable to stop blaming victims of their dues payer's victims!!! Pox on them for that!!!

Old 05-10-2015, 04:20 PM

21,242 posts, read 11,480,804 times
I'm punished every time I drive 14 miles away from my job because of the crime in the city. Sorry, buts it's 99% blacks committing those crimes that make it impossible for me to live in peace in the city, within walking distance of my job.

Old 05-10-2015, 04:27 PM

11,712 posts, read 9,329,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm punished every time I drive 14 miles away from my job because of the crime in the city. Sorry, buts it's 99% blacks committing those crimes that make it impossible for me to live in peace in the city, within walking distance of my job.
lol... whoa is the white man.

Old 05-10-2015, 04:47 PM

7,846 posts, read 5,261,867 times
Quote:
That sounds like a personal problem.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:03 PM

387 posts, read 454,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
i think what he means is whites of this generation are made to feel guilty for something that happened a long time ago, i.e, slavery. blacks should get reparations though. the Germans are to this day made to feel guilty for what their ancestors did to Jews, even though they weren't alive when it happened. and they get assistance out the wazoo.
Bill Summary & Status - 112th Congress (2011 - 2012) - H.R.2786 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Old 05-10-2015, 05:06 PM

11,758 posts, read 5,513,900 times
In my personal experience, every white person I hear complain about affirmative action would not have gotten the school admission or job in question anyway, because a better qualified white person would get it before them.

In other words, imagine anyone from "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" complaining about affirmative action - very dumb, because no one would hire or let any of them into a good school anyway because there are better qualified whites. Affirmative action is not holding them down. But they sure make it sound like it. Affirmative action is the only reason why their life is horrid.

Haven't heard too many geniuses complaining about affirmative action, to be honest.

Mick

Old 05-10-2015, 07:00 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,406,582 times
Quote:
It is even worse when they behave like spoiled children and lay in the middle of the road pretending to be "dead".

Old 05-10-2015, 07:06 PM

935 posts, read 486,331 times
Quote:
Yeah OP is right, there is no racism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or