Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2015, 06:51 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORION83 View Post
Highly doubt this even comes up for a vote.
Well that may be since Florida already requires all children public and private to have a series of immunizations before they can attend school.

School Immunization Requirements | Florida Department of Health

Quote:
We will home school. NO ONE is going to dictate to me and my wife the medical decisions of our family.
No you'd rather dictate for others the possibility of contracting a communicable disease from yours. Got ta give ya credit on that one.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:52 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Quote:
Vaccines are a medical decision.
Ah, no they are public health decision.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:54 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Dont send your kid to government daycare... er uh school and problem solved.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:00 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Seems to me that if the states believe this is so important they should have to be the ones to provide it. It's another case where the government is going to tell individuals that they must buy overpriced products from a private company. Something the government should never be able to do.

If the state believes it's this important, pass a bill that raises the money to pay for this. Yes, I realize it's still taxpayer money but IMO it should be up to the state to come up with the funding if they believe it this important and convince the taxpayers that raising their taxes makes sense here.
Health departments have been providing vaccines about as long as there have been vaccines. They will sometimes ask for a voluntary fee, but no one gets turned away if they can't/won't pay.

CDC - Questions Answered on Vaccines Purchased with 317 Funds - Imz Managers - Vaccines

Also, per the ACA, all ACA-compliant policies must include immunizations free at the POS, with no application to deductibles and no co-pays.

Quote:
Frederica Wilson's senior advisor is a former Senior Pharmaceutical Sales Representative for GlaxoSmithKline. Btw, I have tried posting this article elsewhere, but it links to a page not found webpage.

SHOCKER! They probably promised to help get her re elected if she introduced this draconian bill.

Inside the office of: Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.): Keenan Austin | TheHill
Good grief! Talk about digging deep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
But But But, that would require taking personal responsibility, never happen.
Yes, the Republicans have made a mockery of "personal responsibility". If people actually did take the responsibility to immunize their kids, there would be no need for these laws.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I find it interesting that some educated wealthy liberals choose to ignore the science before them on this issue as does far right on other issues, just make up your own science.
Actually, the anti-vax movement crosses political boundaries. I've always said that the fringe members of the left and the right meet together at the back of the circle.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Not because the ACLU believes that the people are right about vaccinations being bad, but rather because the aclu believes its unconstitutional. Thats what they do. And its good work.
I usually agree with the ACLU, but in this case, they didn't do their research.
"Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court upheld the authority of states to enforce compulsory vaccination laws. The Court's decision articulated the view that the freedom of the individual must sometimes be subordinated to the common welfare and is subject to the police power of the state."

Jacobson v. Massachusetts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some stubborn Swede tried to get out of vaccinating. (I can say that, I'm married to one! [But he is pro-vaccine.])

Old 05-14-2015, 05:01 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Over-vaccinating dogs and cats have been proven to cause auto-immune diseases. I'm not sure why we can't admit that over-vaccinating humans can cause the same harm?
I have had cats over my entire 66 years. The only time we ever vaccinated them was when they were kittens and they never had any follow up "recommended" shots their entire lives. They also were never taken to the Vet for "wellness" care.

Over all those decades all my cats lived to be over 12 years old, including one who lived to be 22 years old. When we did bring him to the Vet at that age, she said he was the oldest cat she ever treated.

Works for animals, works for humans too. Last time I had my own personal doctor and routine health checkups was 31 years ago.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:17 PM

37,104 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Doctors cover up vaccine damage after killing infant with 8 simultaneous vaccinations - NaturalNews.com

Who would have thought injecting a child with that many poisons would harm them!? Jeez...and of course all these parents can do is file a complaint with the vaccine injury court since big pharma is immune from prosecution....
An internet search does not bring up anything on the baby from anything but anti-vax sites.

All it would take to get autopsy results is to talk to the doctor that ordered it. If there are no autopsy results, where did the SIDS diagnosis come from?

A hospital cannot dispose of a child's body. It might dispose of remains from an early miscarriage, but not a child 5 1/2 months old.

If anything like this had truly happened, the lawyers would have been all over it, and the police, too, most likely.

Since there is no sign of a lawsuit, it appears there is not a lawyer willing to take it on.

Just another fail from Natural News.

The vaccine court provides compensation for recognized vaccine injuries. No lawsuit is needed, just file a claim. The payouts are generous, lawyers get paid reasonable fees rather than taking a big chunk of any award, and if someone disagrees with the court it can be appealed all the way to the Supreme Court of the US.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I did not change the subject. I did ignore your rant at the end of your post though since it was totally irrelevant. This article does a pretty good job at explaining the problems with the flu vaccine research. Before you dismiss the source, read it. Respected scientists are quoted in the article.
Does the Vaccine Matter? - The Atlantic
I stopped reading when the author said the 1957 flu pandemic was "not particularly devastating."

Asian flu of 1957 | pandemic | Encyclopedia Britannica

"The second wave was particularly devastating, and by March 1958 an estimated 69,800 deaths had occurred in the United States." That's deaths, not cases.

Heart attacks increase during flu season:

Research Shows Flu Can Trigger Heart Attacks

"Researchers believe that flu causes an acute and severe inflammation in the body which, in some patients, can destabilize atherosclerotic plaques in coronary arteries and cause heart attacks."

Flu vaccine reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke

MMS: Error

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0220083149.htm

Influenza and the heart:

https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...the-literature

Of course, whenever vaccines are discussed, the flu vaccine is hauled out to show that vaccines do not work. The problems with the flu vaccine are due to the difficulty in planning a vaccine for a virus that changes rapidly. There is some finesse involved in determining which strains of the virus to include in each year's vaccine. If the vaccine matches well, it will protect against most of the circulating flu. If it does not, it won't. It can only protect against what is in the vaccine, and perhaps any closely related strains. A mismatched flu vaccine should not be held up to say that no vaccine matters.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:35 PM

Going on the internet and claiming a vaccine caused a condition does not mean it is true, and when the claims cover every imaginable symptom from headaches to ingrown toenails the likelihood that the vaccine is responsible for any of them becomes very remote.

The fact is that serious reactions to Gardasil are extremely rare, with some reports of serious allergic reactions causing anaphylaxis, and no deaths.

https://www.tga.gov.au/alert/gardasi...avirus-vaccine

"No deaths directly linked to the vaccine have been reported in Australia, the USA or Europe."

Febrile seizures? Do you realize that infections that cause fevers, including flu, can cause febrile seizures?

From your last link, in the comments:

"We could use a better pertussis vaccine, but the description in this article is misleading. The question is not how many people out of those who got pertussis have whooping cough; the question is what is the relative risk between the vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Let me explain the difference between absolute numbers and rates with an example. Imagine the following calculation: a school with 1000 children, 95% (950) vaccinated, 5% (50) unvaccinated. A whooping cough outbreak. 10% of the vaccinated get it: 95 children. 80% of the unvaccinated: 40 children. There are more vaccinated children who got pertussis, but your chances to get it are much higher if you're in the unvaccinated group: you're at larger risk. It's much safer to be vaccinated.

That's exactly what the studies show. Study after study shows that the rates are much higher among the unvaccinated, and that communities with low vaccination rates are more prone to outbreaks."

There are sources at the the comment in the link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies