U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2015, 05:32 AM

9,474 posts, read 4,833,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
So how did you hear about it, or any of us for that matter, if not via the news media?

GZ is NOT a public figure, he is not a politician, or an actor, or anything but a private citizen whose unfortunate actions under unfortunate situations brought him to the attention of those who tried their best to use him as a scapegoat in their commercial racist agenda, but failed. The fact that so many "hate" someone they don't even know is a sad commentary just shows their supreme ignorance.
The media isn't following GZ around waiting for an incident to happen like paparazzi do with movie stars. This was a shooting of a guy who is famous for killing someone, whether or not he wants that fame. Of course the media will report this as news.

One reason GZ's lawsuit against NBC failed is because he is a public figure.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:36 AM

10,090 posts, read 12,125,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
So, pictures of a teenager with a gun (Colorado prom photo), middle finger (Railman96 posted a counter pic) and weed (ASU kids doing drugs) and being suspended from school = thug

But an adult being arrested multiple times = well, he's not a good guy. "I probably wouldn't have a beer with him."

The black guy at Waffle House who shot someone in self defense was called a thug because he had been arrested, but no convictions.

The hypocrisy is pathetic.
Well Aaron Hernandez liked to smoke weed, pose online with guns and he was a college kid......interesting how that turned out!

Saw the Waffle House video also.......ever consider it was just two thugs, one sadly brought his fists to a gun fight!

Old 05-13-2015, 05:37 AM

1,077 posts, read 681,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The media isn't following GZ around waiting for an incident to happen like paparazzi do with movie stars. This was a shooting of a guy who is famous for killing someone, whether or not he wants that fame. Of course the media will report this as news.

One reason GZ's lawsuit against NBC failed is because he is a public figure.
I would consider GZ infamous, not famous which he himself gets that confused.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:38 AM

4,795 posts, read 2,862,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Not all, but conservatives make up the VAST majority of Zimmerman supporters. From my experience, the further to the right they lean, the more intense their love affair with George is.
Conservatives can make up 100% of his supporters yet be less than .01% of conservatives as a whole. I am fairly conservative but I do not think he is a good person at all. I think he is a small pathetic "man" who had a gun and wanted to use it. Just owning a gun emboldened him to do things he would not have done without one.

I will go further and say that he is one of the reasons I have lost interest in guns. I grew up with guns and always liked them and owned them for the majority of my life but I do not wish to be lumped in with people like him and the people who believe they need guns to protect them from Zombie hordes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
So how did you hear about it, or any of us for that matter, if not via the news media?

GZ is NOT a public figure, he is not a politician, or an actor, or anything but a private citizen whose unfortunate actions under unfortunate situations brought him to the attention of those who tried their best to use him as a scapegoat in their commercial racist agenda, but failed. The fact that so many "hate" someone they don't even know is a sad commentary just shows their supreme ignorance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Sorry to say, well actually I'm not sorry, but Mr. Zimmerman is what is referred to as a "limited purpose public figure," as the result of his high profile trial and subsequent scraps with the law. That makes him an open target for the media.
He sells art so I would argue he is an artist and a public figure.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:42 AM

615 posts, read 360,750 times
Quote:
So, pictures of a teenager with a gun (Colorado prom photo), middle finger (Railman96 posted a counter pic) and weed (ASU kids doing drugs) and being suspended from school = thug

But an adult being arrested multiple times = well, he's not a good guy. "I probably wouldn't have a beer with him."

The black guy at Waffle House who shot someone in self defense was called a thug because he had been arrested, but no convictions.

I'm about to say, how was TM a thug??? When he had no criminal record?

Old 05-13-2015, 05:45 AM

13,327 posts, read 7,316,254 times
Quote:

It sure is. There is a thread on the front page about the 61 year old man attacked by a group of 50 teens/young adults where they were kicking and beating him within an inch of his life but you are here bringing up some random case in a Waffle House. All that poor man did was ask two black girls to stop fighting on his truck. The group of misfits who were with her took that as an excuse to beat the man nearly to death.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:04 AM

4,795 posts, read 2,862,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
This is a fair question but I do not think there will be a clear answer.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Someone can be a 'thug' without having a criminal record. The smart thugs manage to not get arrested or convicted.

TM didn't meet my definition of a thug, nor did Z.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:13 AM

1,077 posts, read 681,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Someone can be a 'thug' without having a criminal record. The smart thugs manage to not get arrested or convicted.

TM didn't meet my definition of a thug, nor did Z.
BBM

bwahahahahaha

he sure proved himself to be thug. 8 incidents post trail with none of them moving forward with charges doesn't mean GZ isn't a purebred thug.

He seems to believe he is above the law. When he met his match with Matt Apperson, he ran like the coward he is.

Too bad MA and GZ can't use the wild west duel to settle this score. This world would be a better place with no GZ in it.

all my belief.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
BBM

bwahahahahaha

all my belief.
I have an old-fashioned hard standard for someone to qualify as a 'thug.' Neither Z nor TM qualify, though TM had real potential that was cut short at an early age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or