U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-11-2015, 02:53 PM
 
6,943 posts, read 3,855,193 times
Reputation: 14761

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
I linked a few pages back to where I heard them say this guys name on the live feed, then Google filled in the rest.
Yeah, I see it in updated versions now.

 
Old 05-11-2015, 02:54 PM
 
2,186 posts, read 1,845,478 times
Reputation: 4096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I guess they are probably already here, waiting for the facts, unlike the Thug lovers.
Cool. I have a bridge to sell to them.
 
Old 05-11-2015, 02:57 PM
 
Location: LA, CA/ In This Time and Place
5,433 posts, read 3,501,981 times
Reputation: 5063
So who was the thug now? Huh?! The REAL thug?!

All those racist, gun lovers who wanted cheered this guy as a hero.

George Zimmerman has a gun problem and he has violent streak. I have no sympathy for him. Shows that just because a jury reaches a verdict does not mean it suits reality.
 
Old 05-11-2015, 02:57 PM
 
2,186 posts, read 1,845,478 times
Reputation: 4096
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
So basically...

We have Matthew Apperson rolling up on GZ firing off rounds at him in public.

We have Zimmerman, who has had multiple run-ins with the law, domestic violence issues, was on trial of murder and obviously has anger and incompetency issues (maybe that's why some of you are so fond to him, you can relate?)

And then we have Trayvon Martin, a teenager with zero arrests and guilty of taking pictures on social media, similar to the prom kids in Colorado, with a gun, who was unarmed at the time of his death.


Someone explain to me who the thug(s) here is again?
Obviously, TM.

Endanger the lives of others, shoot at & sometimes kill people, assault off-duty cops, throw wine bottles, but don't you EVER be guilty of being born Black!

George had a hard life, I think we need to cut him some slack.
 
Old 05-11-2015, 02:58 PM
 
Location: Springfield, Ohio
12,193 posts, read 10,407,297 times
Reputation: 11208
This guy needs to be locked up with all the other sociopaths ASAP.
 
Old 05-11-2015, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Inland Northwest
1,793 posts, read 1,146,136 times
Reputation: 1845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
This guy needs to be locked up with all the other sociopaths ASAP.
Wait why would we lock of Matt Apperson for shooting at someone? Perhaps there are some other mitigating circumstances.

Why the rush to judgement?
 
Old 05-11-2015, 03:01 PM
 
29,360 posts, read 15,414,221 times
Reputation: 19966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
So who was the thug now? Huh?! The REAL thug?!

All those racist, gun lovers who wanted cheered this guy as a hero.

George Zimmerman has a gun problem and he has violent streak. I have no sympathy for him. Shows that just because a jury reaches a verdict does not mean it suits reality.
First, do you realize that it was Zimmerman who was apparently the target of the shooting?

Second, who were all of these people cheering him as a hero?

Let me guess:

Me, "There wasn't enough evidence to convict him."

You, "Why is he such a hero to you?"

 
Old 05-11-2015, 03:12 PM
 
Location: Inland Northwest
1,793 posts, read 1,146,136 times
Reputation: 1845
Bad news, Matt Apperson is a Conservative who likes the NRA. Darn it, who will the over-reactionaries root for now?

Source: Facebook.
 
Old 05-11-2015, 03:13 PM
 
29,360 posts, read 15,414,221 times
Reputation: 19966
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
We have Zimmerman, who has had multiple run-ins with the law, domestic violence issues, was on trial of murder and obviously has anger and incompetency issues (maybe that's why some of you are so fond to him, you can relate?)
Domestic violence issues: Were there any convictions with those? Was there even any physical evidence of it or was it just he said she said?

From what I've read, the only thing we have actual evidence was when he was 21 and got into it with an undercover cop arresting his friend. With the exception of Martin, every other incident has been a he said she said with with charges being dropped.

You certainly love to project.
 
Old 05-11-2015, 03:16 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,742 posts, read 4,122,892 times
Reputation: 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Cool. I have a bridge to sell to them.
LOL! Did you catch how that poster referred to TM as a thug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
First, do you realize that it was Zimmerman who was apparently the target of the shooting?

Second, who were all of these people cheering him as a hero?

Let me guess:

Me, "There wasn't enough evidence to convict him."

You, "Why is he such a hero to you?"

You would be surprised.

I know the position you and some others have taken with GZ (not crowning him a hero or anything), but I've seen, read and heard the opinions of those who would gladly shake GZ hand and buy him a cold beer for what he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Wait why would we lock of Matt Apperson for shooting at someone? Perhaps there are some other mitigating circumstances.

Why the rush to judgement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top