U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-11-2015, 03:17 PM
 
6,319 posts, read 5,723,925 times
Reputation: 11933

Advertisements

Some would say the REAL issue here is, all these crazies walking around with guns.

 
Old 05-11-2015, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Inland Northwest
1,793 posts, read 1,148,005 times
Reputation: 1845
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Some would say the REAL issue here is, all these crazies walking around with guns.
And, there we go.
 
Old 05-11-2015, 03:20 PM
 
29,502 posts, read 15,463,692 times
Reputation: 20038
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I know the position you and some others have taken with GZ (not crowning him a hero or anything), but I've seen, read and heard the opinions of those who would gladly shake GZ hand and buy him a cold beer for what he did.
If it's true that you know my position, then you'd know I've referred to him as "tool", "loser" and "idiot" time after time. You'd also know that I've stated over and over "we don't know exactly what happened" and "we don't know who started the physical confrontation". You'd know that I've never proclaimed him "innocent" but "not guilty".

Specifically who on CD do you believe would want to shake GZ's hand and buy him a beer?
 
Old 05-11-2015, 03:22 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,742 posts, read 4,129,131 times
Reputation: 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Domestic violence issues: Were there any convictions with those? Was there even any physical evidence of it or was it just he said she said?

From what I've read, the only thing we have actual evidence was when he was 21 and got into it with an undercover cop arresting his friend. With the exception of Martin, every other incident has been a he said she said with with charges being dropped.

You certainly love to project.
You should probably read up on domestic violence disputes. The charges being dropped is not an indication of guilt, especially when there's a pattern.

Let a man point a gun in your daughter's face, and we'll see how nonchalant of an attitude you have about it.

Hilarious you say I project, yet TM is a teenager labeled a thug based off of pictures and stereotypes.
 
Old 05-11-2015, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Inland Northwest
1,793 posts, read 1,148,005 times
Reputation: 1845
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
You should probably read up on domestic violence disputes. The charges being dropped is not an indication of guilt, especially when there's a pattern.

Let a man point a gun in your daughter's face, and we'll see how nonchalant of an attitude you have about it.

Hilarious you say I project, yet TM is a teenager labeled a thug based off of pictures and stereotypes.
GZ never pointed a gun at any female. She said he "acted" like he had a gun, but he didn't and that's why the charges were dropped.

TM was a thug. He said so himself. You do know that he was kicked out of school multiple times, once for fighting, once on the suspicion of stealing (point of fact; there was more evidence that TM was actually stealing than there has been in totality for GZ domestic violence accusations) did you even watch the trial?
 
Old 05-11-2015, 03:28 PM
 
26,752 posts, read 19,074,442 times
Reputation: 14299
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Bad news, Matt Apperson is a Conservative who likes the NRA. Darn it, who will the over-reactionaries root for now?

Source: Facebook.
uh-oh.

the sound of their lil' heads popping will sound like a big bowl of rice krispies.
 
Old 05-11-2015, 03:34 PM
 
29,502 posts, read 15,463,692 times
Reputation: 20038
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
You should probably read up on domestic violence disputes. The charges being dropped is not an indication of guilt, especially when there's a pattern.

Let a man point a gun in your daughter's face, and we'll see how nonchalant of an attitude you have about it.

Hilarious you say I project, yet TM is a teenager labeled a thug based off of pictures and stereotypes.
Have a pissed off woman falsely accuse you of abuse and let you go to jail based upon her word and then get back to me.

It happened to a good friend of mine. She was mad at him because they broke up. She called the cops and said he hit her. He went to jail and had to go to court. She didn't show up to testify, so the charges were dropped. About a year later, I was with him and we ran into her. Right in front of me, she apologized for making the false accusation and explained that she was drunk and he had hurt her, emotionally, etc. I've heard tales of such things many times.

And, did you know that the girlfriend claimed Zimmerman never pointed a gun at her?

Bustle

Quote:
Now, the girlfriend in question is recanting her story, saying that actually, Zimmerman never threatened her or pointed a handgun at her, and that everyone should just ignore the harrowing 9-11 recording of her saying otherwise.
Was she lying when she said he pointed a gun at her or was she lying when she said she was lying?

----------


I don't remember that I ever labeled TM a thug. I know for a fact I've called Michael Brown a thug based on the video of him acting like a thug.
 
Old 05-11-2015, 03:36 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,742 posts, read 4,129,131 times
Reputation: 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If it's true that you know my position, then you'd know I've referred to him as "tool", "loser" and "idiot" time after time. You'd also know that I've stated over and over "we don't know exactly what happened" and "we don't know who started the physical confrontation". You'd know that I've never proclaimed him "innocent" but "not guilty".

Specifically who on CD do you believe would want to shake GZ's hand and buy him a beer?
That's why I never said you were proclaiming him as a hero, you were simply replying to someone and questioned who supports this man and looks at him in that manner. I have witnessed that, unfortunately.

There's one in this thread, he's not hard to find, he's obviously a big fan of the "Z-man".

However, I have have interactions that take place off of C-D: IRL conversations back in 2012-13 about this case, friendships severed, Facebook arguments, etc., which is what I was speaking to. Not so much about the case itself, but the promotion of this man riding the world of another useless thug, that kind of attitude.
 
Old 05-11-2015, 03:42 PM
 
2,188 posts, read 1,848,872 times
Reputation: 4105
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If it's true that you know my position, then you'd know I've referred to him as "tool", "loser" and "idiot" time after time. You'd also know that I've stated over and over "we don't know exactly what happened" and "we don't know who started the physical confrontation". You'd know that I've never proclaimed him "innocent" but "not guilty".

Specifically who on CD do you believe would want to shake GZ's hand and buy him a beer?
I agree with ATG, I know you're a very fair person, but this...

"Specifically who on CD do you believe would want to shake GZ's hand and buy him a beer?"

Is that a serious question? LOL! I could certainly name a few, but the mods would get on my case for "personal attacks". I'll give you a hint, there's a certain old man that loves to post bigoted comments whenever there's an issue that involves Black people and somehow he's never around for the same issues involving Whites IE; The child molestation thread recently uploaded. He also tucks his tail between his legs when you confront him with evidence and refuses to answer any logical questions, nor does he ever backup his argument.

Another poster, a female who trolls (I think she's banned now actually) with the same ol' Blacks are bad, I'll never live near one, and she created a duplicate account with the same # in the end.
 
Old 05-11-2015, 03:47 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,742 posts, read 4,129,131 times
Reputation: 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
GZ never pointed a gun at any female. She said he "acted" like he had a gun, but he didn't and that's why the charges were dropped.

TM was a thug. He said so himself. You do know that he was kicked out of school multiple times, once for fighting, once on the suspicion of stealing (point of fact; there was more evidence that TM was actually stealing than there has been in totality for GZ domestic violence accusations) did you even watch the trial?
GZ fan club member ^, but to him it's " The Z-Man".

So a teenager getting suspended from school automatically makes him a thug (noted for future reference), but a grown man who can't stay out of the PO's bracelets isn't? And neither is the guy who shot at GZ? We're talking about a teenager, the male mind isn't fully developed until 25 at least, and teenagers are incredibly impressionable.

And did you really just say Apperson shouldn't have been arrested?? Didn't he ADMIT to shooting at GZ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Have a pissed off woman falsely accuse you of abuse and let you go to jail based upon her word and then get back to me.

It happened to a good friend of mine. She was mad at him because they broke up. She called the cops and said he hit her. He went to jail and had to go to court. She didn't show up to testify, so the charges were dropped. About a year later, I was with him and we ran into her. Right in front of me, she apologized for making the false accusation and explained that she was drunk and he had hurt her, emotionally, etc. I've heard tales of such things many times.

And, did you know that the girlfriend claimed Zimmerman never pointed a gun at her?

Bustle

Was she lying when she said he pointed a gun at her or was she lying when she said she was lying?

----------


I don't remember that I ever labeled TM a thug. I know for a fact I've called Michael Brown a thug based on the video of him acting like a thug.
Yeah, it's happened to a close friend of mine in college, well almost. He almost lost his athletic scholarship because his ****ed off girlfriend accused him of buying and using pain meds not subscribed to him and attempting to assault her.

I'm going to guess your friend, like mine, didn't exhibit a questionable pattern of behavior like GZ that makes one have to deelpy question is character. I'm not saying GZ should've been found guilty and sent to jail, but I'm tired of people so easily calling TM a thug, yet refuse to acknowledge even the possibility this GZ guy is not a good guy, and even going so far as to claim he's a victim in all of this.

People are so quick to vilify a teenager, yet give a grown man the benefit of the doubt time and time again, when both have made questionable decisions in their life.

Edit: One of many articles on DV victims recanting their stories. Obviously, these women could all be liars, but to dismiss it so quickly is naive.

Domestic abuse victims often recant stories

Last edited by ATG5; 05-11-2015 at 04:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:47 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top