Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2015, 02:26 PM

463 posts, read 320,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westboundrambler View Post
No one's denying that. If you smoked every day all day you probably wouldn't be the sharpest tool in the shed.
I am denying that!

Please see my previous reply to Icy's post.

There is absolutely no evidence at all the cannabis damages the brain.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:31 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
That's one person.
Well, that's better than none.

And how about this one;

Republicans Against Marijuana Prohibition - RAMP

Old 05-12-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You mean other then directing that his federal agents not prosecute cases in areas that have legalized it? Yes I know that hasn't been followed 100%, but check out Colorado, or Washington. The feds aren't exactly cracking down.
But they are. Why do you think legitimate businesses in CO are having trouble putting their money in the bank.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The presidents job is to enforce the laws of the nation, not pick and choose what he agrees with and what he doesn't and dictate from that point.
LE at all levels picks and chooses which laws to enforce and how strictly they will enforce them. This is nothing new.

OBama is just carrying this to an extreme.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:35 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Well, that's better than none.

And how about this one;

Republicans Against Marijuana Prohibition - RAMP
LOL. You're pulling for the wrong party if you think GOP will end it.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
LOL. I don't care who ends the war on drugs. But it probably requires more than one party.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:39 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Which is an abuse of the power of the president.

Changing law by back door actions without congress is terrible. The presidents job is to enforce the laws of the nation, not pick and choose what he agrees with and what he doesn't and dictate from that point.

I hope you can be bi partisan enough to see why this is a terrible precedent.
Quote:
Pot being illegal seems to be the lesser of two evils when compared to what amounts to a veto pen in the hand of the president for any law that has ever been passed.

I understand what you are saying and I am definitely NOT an Obama supporter. However; I do support the fact that he is not enforcing the federal law when it comes to cannabis. Let's face it there are some laws that just because it is a law, that does not make it a just or even moral law. As citizens I feel it is our duty to protest, and even if necessary disobey bad or unjust laws. In the case of cannabis prohibition the feds broke the law when they made it illegal by failing to amend it via the Constitution as they did with prohibition of alcohol, and therefore cannabis prohibition is un-Constitutional!

Old 05-12-2015, 02:39 PM

463 posts, read 320,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
But they are. Why do you think legitimate businesses in CO are having trouble putting their money in the bank.
That is not the feds "cracking down". The laws that prevent banks doing business with illegal businesses has been there forever. Those laws are not aimed at the cannabis industry specifically.

In fact, the feds relaxed the banking laws in order to try to help the cannabis industry. The problem is the bank's lawyers had a look at the revised laws and said they were still not good enough. Meaning, if a bank did work with the cannabis industry they would still get exposed to risk so they have elected not to do so.

In an interview I saw with Obama he said he would continue to work towards getting that problem resolved.

By the way, this is from a Democrat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=texEvnmciy4

Old 05-12-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
You're info is out of date. Here is a start;

Three Republican Representatives Co-Author Key Marijuana Legislation in Texas

Old 05-12-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
And more info for your consideration;

Medical marijuana is also gaining ground in Texas with 50% of Republicans and 67% of Democrats in favor of changing the law in Texas to allow seriously and terminally ill patients to use medical marijuana for a limited number of conditions if their doctors recommend it.

The third question related to changing Texas law to regulate and tax marijuana similar to alcohol. Similar to the measures passed in Colorado and Washington, stores would be licensed to sell marijuana to adults 21 and older for recreational use. A majority of 58% of voters voiced support and to the amazement of many, 48% of Texas Republicans are in favor of these changes to Texas law.

It is encouraging to see Republicans in Texas rejecting the failed policy of the War on Drugs. Current drug laws are unjust and immoral. Prohibition creates a dangerous black market that fuels many other types of violence. A legal, regulated market for marijuana would make it more difficult for children to access marijuana and provide lawful access for adults who chose a safer recreational alternative to alcohol.

Everything is Bigger in Texas, Even Support for Ending Marijuana Prohibition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies