Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2015, 01:23 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Any suggestions on a drug that would help me to deal with so many pot smoking left-wingers?
Simple. Move to a red state where no one smokes pot. You're a square peg in Western Washington.

Old 05-14-2015, 01:28 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,797,237 times
Hmmmm.... seems to me that legalizing MJ is diametrically opposed to the war on obesity. Just like tobacco companies have been forced to fund stop smoking campaigns, shouldn't the pot growers and sellers have to help fund free Weight Watchers meetings?!?

Old 05-14-2015, 04:36 PM

5,349 posts, read 5,122,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Hmmmm.... seems to me that legalizing MJ is diametrically opposed to the war on obesity. Just like tobacco companies have been forced to fund stop smoking campaigns, shouldn't the pot growers and sellers have to help fund free Weight Watchers meetings?!?
Kind of. It depends what the goal of the war on obesity is? To ban food types or to increase knowledge? I guess I see food as a drug and millions of Americans are chronic abusers of food, which isn't that much better or worse than being a chronic abuser of drugs.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:37 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
Conservatives think things are bad simply because they are against the law, that's why.
Wrong. I'm all for legalization. I will keep saying it: let people destroy themselves, who cares.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:43 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
Not me. I hate smoking ... tobacco, weed, anything. Don't smoke anywhere near my home.

What people want to do in their own homes is fine with me.

Eat McDonald's for all I care. It's your body, not mine.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:21 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
They all have equal parts of CO and CO2 and then throw in the paper and the chemicals used to make the paper.
I figured somebody had done a study of the contents of tobacco smoke vs MJ smoke, so I googled it.

"In this study, ammonia was found in mainstream marijuana smoke at levels up to 20-fold greater than that found in tobacco. Hydrogen cyanide, NO, NOx, and some aromatic amines were found in marijuana smoke at concentrations 3–5 times those found in tobacco smoke. Mainstream marijuana smoke contained selected polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) at concentrations lower than those found in mainstream tobacco smoke, while the reverse was the case for sidestream smoke, with PAHs present at higher concentrations in marijuana smoke."
An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Quote:
Use a bong and pass it to other people, means other people sticking their mouths where others had. Means you may be a peter puffer by proxy.
Bongs are phallic-shaped to begin with, but this one blows the others out of the water (pun intended):
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls...fvh2o1_500.jpg

Old 05-15-2015, 07:27 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Stupid comes in all walks of life, whether someone partakes in an intoxicant or not! I guess you did forget that a lot of influential people throughout history and from all occupations use or have used cannabis? Again, just because there are those who do stupid things, doesn't mean that the majority who partake in cannabis or a couple of drinks do, and it doesn't justify continuing prohibition!
Doesn't make them smart.
Quote:
So, then don't use one! Secondly, do you kiss your spouse? Kissing is a great way to pass germs as well.
Divorced, alone and happier for it. Women are freaking nuts.
Quote:
Wow! Aren't we compassionate?
Those fools put themselves in that position, they can get themselves out of it. Not my problem.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:56 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Doesn't make them smart.

There are no laws against stupidity. There are many of us who partake in cannabis and alcohol, and do so responsibly. Let's put it this way.... at my age, I have a great driving record, and a pretty low insurance rate, so there is no way in hell I'm going to screw that up, and complicate things by driving under the influence. That's one example. Another is that there is a time and place for everything. I'd never dream of showing up at my job drunk, or high, or conduct any sort of business in that state of mind, because I don't believe in mixing business with pleasure. Yeah believe it or not while there are "stoners" that don't give a s***, and will drive, or go to work under the influence there are many more of us so-called "stoners" that despite the stereotypes do not do those things. Like I said... time and place for everything!

Divorced, alone and happier for it. Women are freaking nuts.

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out, but if you're happier and in a better position than God Bless ya! Yes, women can be nuts. No argument there!

Those fools put themselves in that position, they can get themselves out of it. Not my problem.

I realize that. And my only rebuttal is that I'm willing to help someone, but they do have to want to help themselves. But if someone is laying in the gutter, and looks like they're in some kind of immediate danger, I would be inclined to help them at least get somewhere safe.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:27 AM

52,681 posts, read 47,928,690 times
Looks like our nation has now become a "Say YES To Drugs" society.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:28 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Looks like our nation has now become a "Say YES To Drugs" society.
That's what bothers me. Once let out, you can never shut Pandora's box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies