Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 01:50 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Either your comprehension is poor or you're being purposely obtuse. I didn't raise my kids like that so no I didn't help create the phenomenon of the pouty self-focused millenial. I said too many in my generation did. I'm being honest about how my generation went wrong with their parenting.

Whining is sniveling about your lot in life and Millenial self-pity is not my lot. I usually avoid it by logging out of FB when it gets too thick or the selfies come at me too fast. Occasionally though I enjoy debating some of the fragile little things. They get so butthurt so easily.
It was pursposeful. I don't notice all those defects with the current generation that you do all the millineals that I know are doing well so I really can't relate to your post.

I find habitual whiners annoying as well but at times complaints are appropriate.

Old 05-15-2015, 01:52 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times
Quote:
Either your comprehension is poor or you're being purposely obtuse. I didn't raise my kids like that so no I didn't help create the phenomenon of the pouty self-focused millenial. I said too many in my generation did. I'm being honest about how my generation went wrong with their parenting.

Whining is sniveling about your lot in life and Millenial self-pity is not my lot. I usually avoid it by logging out of FB when it gets too thick or the selfies come at me too fast. Occasionally though I enjoy debating some of the fragile little things. They get so butthurt so easily.
And still no response to my comments about veterans and how your generation and the politicians you have elected, sent them to war and now that they're coming home your generation has completely let them down and have all but abandoned them.

Must be because telling me I'm just being a whiny millennial when talking about the 22 veterans who commit suicide Daily would make you sound like a cold hearted ******* with no compassion.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:12 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
The "greatest generation" also had a government that actually did it's job instead of today's government that can't even agree on a budget to keep the government running.
Ridiculous. You're implying that the greatest generation's character and accomplishments came on the back of good government? That's such a bogus modern attitude ... that govt makes or breaks us. That's so simplistic. Let's call the FDR administration the GG's political leadership, ok? Roosevelt's domestic programs put people back to work (a good thing) but his policies did not lift us out of the depression. His pacifist neutrality and inaction in the face of fascism helped enable Hitler gobbling up Europe and the Japanese expansion in Asia. In other words he (not alone) played his part in bringing on WWII. The very thing that lifted us out of the depression. Good then bad which led to good .. blah blah .. it's a mixed bag. Govt didn't make or break that generation.

NO generation is the cause of today's governmental gridlock. Understand what's going on before you lay blame somewhere. It's almost a physical law that dictates we would be where we are today. The idea is expressed by Duverger's Law which says that in a winner-take-all system a multiplicity of political parties will always devolve into a two-party system which will eventually gridlock. Empires always go this route. Two monolithic blocks opposing each other into stagnation. Drop the blame. Understand the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa
Love how you completely skipped over the parts about how your generation is screwing over today's veterans.
Wtf is your point? Are you just scrounging around looking for bad things happening today and trying to blame them on a particular generation? Hey don't you vote too or are you just some teenager? Not that I should indulge your irrelevant sidetrack but veterans have pretty much gotten the shaft since forever. I will say that as bad as things may be they were worse in the past. They damn sure aren't getting spit on coming off the plane. If they're getting forgotten about after they come home it's partially because there is no draft. Most Americans don't have any skin in the game of our wars so the people and consequences aren't in their face. You know how to fix that, don't you? Push to reinstate several years of universal service post HS like Switzerland or Israel. But that's a whole other deal. Once again ... stop with your simplistic blaming and try to look deeper. Is this a lack of education thing??

Old 05-15-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:

Wtf is your point? Are you just scrounging around looking for bad things happening today and trying to blame them on a particular generation? Hey don't you vote too or are you just some teenager? Not that I should indulge your irrelevant sidetrack but veterans have pretty much gotten the shaft since forever. I will say that as bad as things may be they were worse in the past. They damn sure aren't getting spit on coming off the plane. If they're getting forgotten about after they come home it's partially because there is no draft. Most Americans don't have any skin in the game of our wars so the people and consequences aren't in their face. You know how to fix that, don't you? Push to reinstate several years of universal service post HS like Switzerland or Israel. But that's a whole other deal. Once again ... stop with your simplistic blaming and try to look deeper. Is this a lack of education thing??
I was going to respond to everything, but then I read the bold sentence and I'm honestly disgusted with you. Veterans are killing themselves at a rate of 22 per day. But I guess if they aren't getting spit on than its no big deal? And since veterans have always been given the shift it's no big deal if we keep doing it? I seriously can't wait for insensitive and ignorant people like you to die out and stop holding our country back.

News flash, we're not the greatest country anymore and haven't been for sometime. We're on a downward spiral that if we can't fix it will lead to fall of our country as a world super power.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
It was pursposeful. I don't notice all those defects with the current generation that you do all the millineals that I know are doing well so I really can't relate to your post.
I am very glad to hear that the millenials you know are doing well. My kids are and so are many of their friends. These should serve as models for how to do it right and the whiners should take note and $TFU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP
I find habitual whiners annoying as well but at times complaints are appropriate.
Of course. Sterotypes aren't appropriate for defining individuals. They do however often derive from very real trends and I am certainly not the first to have noticed an unusual tendency towards loud self-pity from this particular generation.

If you recall my original blasts were directed in response to a specific individual on this board who emitted one of the most patently bit**y whines I have heard in a long time.

Last edited by Wee-Bey; 05-15-2015 at 02:39 PM..

Old 05-15-2015, 02:34 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
I was going to respond to everything, but then I read the bold sentence and I'm honestly disgusted with you. Veterans are killing themselves at a rate of 22 per day. But I guess if they aren't getting spit on than its no big deal? And since veterans have always been given the shift it's no big deal if we keep doing it? I seriously can't wait for insensitive and ignorant people like you to die out and stop holding our country back.

News flash, we're not the greatest country anymore and haven't been for sometime. We're on a downward spiral that if we can't fix it will lead to fall of our country as a world super power.
It is one thing to hold passion for a certain topic. You however are being ridiculously melodramatic here. "I can't wait for you to die because although you have not actually said so, you seem insensitive about people dying".

Get a hold of yourself.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:

You've lost it. Your screed is irrelevant to the subject others have been discussing. Go start your own thread and title it INSENSITIVE Wee-Bey HATES AMERICA AND HE SHOULD DIE. Cuckoo.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:44 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,485,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I think there's a large segment of the population that feels similar to the way I do ... I identify as Christian, but I refuse to associate with a denomination. I think "church" and organized "religion" are the worst things to ever happen to "faith."
I agree.

For years my signature line (in forums where they are permitted) was: I fear that when Christ returns, He will find little of Himself in Christianity.

I've been a missionary for forty-plus years but I despise the word 'Religious.' I just try to emulate our Lord Jesus Christ and spread good seeds wherever I can.

In keeping with the OP though; the Bible does say that in the last days 'The love of the greater number will cool off,' and that's what we're seeing.

I also like what St. Francis of Assisi said: 'Preach the Gospel daily; if necessary - use words.' (Which is why our ministry is called Without A Word International Ministries.)

LIVE IT! Eat it. Breathe it. BE it.

Shalom,

Mahrie.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:51 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,485,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
We're more educated than ever before so this why
We are certainly educated beyond our level of obedience!

Mahrie.

Old 05-15-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
It is one thing to hold passion for a certain topic. You however are being ridiculously melodramatic here. "I can't wait for you to die because although you have not actually said so, you seem insensitive about people dying".

Get a hold of yourself.
It's really not personal, it's your whole generation I have an issue with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies