U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-15-2015, 01:37 PM
 
9,948 posts, read 6,864,982 times
Reputation: 4221

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
What laws are being passed to Only benefit white people? Plenty of laws are being based to benefit minorities over whites, and women over men however.

You act like "white people" vote homogeneously like black people. We don't.
You misinterpreted my point. My point is that as 70% of the population, you have majority rule and hence if you have a shared interest that you feel is impacted enough of you, then you will pass laws to shape things the way you want them to be. That does not mean that such will only benefit whites, but that white sentiment really controls the vast majority of laws and rules. On the other hand, things that may be endemic to blacks or more pronounced to blacks cannot be addressed through changes in laws UNLESS they become equal problems among whites, who will then enact laws to socially engineer the outcome they seek.

 
Old 05-16-2015, 05:33 AM
 
70 posts, read 58,870 times
Reputation: 80
This, I believe is the main point behind "White privilege", a term that drives white folks into the stratosphere, perhaps because of the racial connotations, but it could just as easily be explained in other analogous ways, for example.."Tyranny of the majority".
If a group of 6 individuals were riding from Cali, to New york, 5 insisted on acid rock, 1 insisted on Garth brooks, then most, if not all the trip would be head banging, and if not, only to the degree that the majority decided to honor the other wish.

On the other hand, if the one guy owned the car, he controls the radio, and there would be do si do and boot scooting the whole trip, again if he so desired. back to white privilege... they are by far the most numerous and they control most of the assets.

Whites vote their interest, just as Asians, Blacks and Latinos do. Even if the racist component was removed, the sheer number of whites would insure this phenomenon remained.
I'm not even sure I think Whites have the responsibility to consider the issue from a racial standpoint, But it is obvious that if minorities are forced to pay into the system, somehow, some way, their needs must be addressed as well.
Pretty complicated thats for sure.
 
Old 05-16-2015, 05:45 AM
 
36,617 posts, read 16,012,418 times
Reputation: 8309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
So religious leaders are responsibility for fixing the problems that manifest in the black communities? I disagree. There is enough commonality in the white experience in America that when whites have problems they pass laws to, through elected representative, socially engineer the outcome that they seek, assuming that what whites seek is constitutional. One the other hand, as 13% of the population, blacks have no such leverage over laws to get the type of social engineering through laws that is afforded to whites by their majority rule.
I thought we were talking about black COMMUNITIES NOT the entire NATION.


"blacks have no such leverage over laws" Really?

Baltimore population is 68 % black




police department is 68 % black




fire department is 58% black;




school district is 86% black




school teachers are 72% black;




city council is 90% black;




Mayor is a black; chief of police is black;




54% of population is on welfare;




and they believe the whites are the reason they are living in poverty





The LOCAL people in their community, (city, county, voting districts, etc), DO CONTROL the laws PASSED.

A large percentage of our urban areas look just like Baltimore with BLACKS in CHARGE.

But then, we know YOU are the type who won't take any responsibility for your actions and want to blame whites for all your woes.
 
Old 05-16-2015, 06:05 AM
 
2,870 posts, read 1,659,040 times
Reputation: 1933
The original post is just some narcissistic BS. A bunch of Black hoodlums burn down Baltimore and the OP wants to make it about him.
 
Old 05-16-2015, 06:20 AM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 8 days ago)
 
47,722 posts, read 45,337,082 times
Reputation: 15242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
The original post is just some narcissistic BS. A bunch of Black hoodlums burn down Baltimore and the OP wants to make it about him.
Really?

Is it such a problem that there are Black people who have a problem with people who use the riots as an excuse to complain about Blacks as a whole? If it is, well, all that shows is a lack of logical thinking. It is logical for someone like me or pandorafan to take issue with those who use those riots as a reason to complain about Blacks as the whole. Narcisssist? Alot less so than those who make threads constantly complaining about Black people.
 
Old 05-16-2015, 06:21 AM
 
9,948 posts, read 6,864,982 times
Reputation: 4221
Quote:
Originally Posted by bela View Post
This, I believe is the main point behind "White privilege", a term that drives white folks into the stratosphere, perhaps because of the racial connotations, but it could just as easily be explained in other analogous ways, for example.."Tyranny of the majority".
If a group of 6 individuals were riding from Cali, to New york, 5 insisted on acid rock, 1 insisted on Garth brooks, then most, if not all the trip would be head banging, and if not, only to the degree that the majority decided to honor the other wish.

On the other hand, if the one guy owned the car, he controls the radio, and there would be do si do and boot scooting the whole trip, again if he so desired. back to white privilege... they are by far the most numerous and they control most of the assets.

Whites vote their interest, just as Asians, Blacks and Latinos do. Even if the racist component was removed, the sheer number of whites would insure this phenomenon remained.
I'm not even sure I think Whites have the responsibility to consider the issue from a racial standpoint, But it is obvious that if minorities are forced to pay into the system, somehow, some way, their needs must be addressed as well.
Pretty complicated thats for sure.
Very good post and analogy In life, you get your greatest appreciation from CONTRAST often. If you live in Sunny San Diego all year round your entire life, you are not going to appreciate January in San Diego like a person visiting from Minnesota, where the temperature might be 20 below.

With race, there is no contrast. Whites cannot experience what it is like NOT to be white (blacks cannot experience what it is like to not be black either). Thus, whites cannot appreciate the privileges they have because they really do not know that they have them due to not ever having the contrast of being without them. Hence, when you do not know you have an advantage, you just see others who are not doing as well as you as inferior, because whites think you have had the same advantages of them, if not more, and therefore there must be something wrong with YOU that explains why you do not have what they have.
 
Old 05-16-2015, 06:32 AM
 
2,870 posts, read 1,659,040 times
Reputation: 1933
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Really?

Is it such a problem that there are Black people who have a problem with people who use the riots as an excuse to complain about Blacks as a whole? If it is, well, all that shows is a lack of logical thinking. It is logical for someone like me or pandorafan to take issue with those who use those riots as a reason to complain about Blacks as the whole. Narcisssist? Alot less so than those who make threads constantly complaining about Black people.
That doesn't even make sense. Your post only shows that you don't know what narcissism is.
 
Old 05-16-2015, 06:36 AM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 8 days ago)
 
47,722 posts, read 45,337,082 times
Reputation: 15242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
That doesn't even make sense. Your post only shows that you don't know what narcissism is.
Well, anyone who would constantly complain about Black people might also have an inflated view of themselves. I also notice you ignored the rest of my post.
 
Old 05-16-2015, 07:07 AM
 
2,870 posts, read 1,659,040 times
Reputation: 1933
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, anyone who would constantly complain about Black people might also have an inflated view of themselves. I also notice you ignored the rest of my post.
That's stretching it. The rest of your post wasn't really relevant to the post that you replied to, which is why I ignored it and why it was clear that you didn't comprehend what I had written.

But back to the topic of the thread, Blacks have to be held responsible for the actions of other Blacks, because White people aren't even allowed to publicly address Black misbehavior without being branded a racist. So that leaves it up to Black people to get their house in order, which they have failed at miserably.
 
Old 05-16-2015, 07:31 AM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 8 days ago)
 
47,722 posts, read 45,337,082 times
Reputation: 15242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
That's stretching it. The rest of your post wasn't really relevant to the post that you replied to, which is why I ignored it and why it was clear that you didn't comprehend what I had written.

But back to the topic of the thread, Blacks have to be held responsible for the actions of other Blacks, because White people aren't even allowed to publicly address Black misbehavior without being branded a racist. So that leaves it up to Black people to get their house in order, which they have failed at miserably.
All of this is ridiculous. Whatever happened to personal responsibility? How is it logical to hold the entire Black population responsible for the actions of the hood rat segment of the Black population? How does that make ANY sense? It does not make sense to punish someone for the stupidity of someone else. I don't care "what is". Is it going to work? Is it going to bring things into order? The answer is no. The Black people who have their house in order have left the hood rats behind, and rightfully so. The best you can do is walk away from hood rats and let them do to themselves, if that is what they intend to do. What do you expect the rest of the Black population to do? Go back to the ghettos and try to babysit hood rats living there? I do not think so. You can't hold me or other decent Black people responsible for the stupidity of hood rats. We have a justice system, and we can lock alot of people up. You want to hold someone responsible, talk to the hood rats themselves, address THEM and ONLY them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:42 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top