U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 06:52 AM

12,266 posts, read 9,459,209 times

Advertisements

Yeah, naturally he's ripping FOX, but it's an ominous, even threatening warning coming from the President. He's had no problem siccing the DOJ on the liberal MSM, I can just imagine what he'd like to do to FOX.

But do folks on the left want that? FOX hate is well documented here on CD, but this is the President. Are you folks comfortable with this? Let's say President Cruz decides he's had it with CNN and MSNBC and the NYT and puts the resources of the DOJ to work to close them down. Obama already created the precedent, so it's okay, right?

For the left Obama Just Called Out Fox News For Making the Poor Out to Be "Leeches" | Mother Jones

For the right Obama Rips Fox: 'We're Going to Have to Change How the Media Reports' - Breitbart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 07:00 AM

8,031 posts, read 7,646,266 times
Nothing new for this administration.

Censorship: 38 journalism groups slam Obama's 'politically-driven suppression of news'

Old 05-13-2015, 07:02 AM

11,645 posts, read 5,947,585 times
Yeah, what about the rich out to bees?

Old 05-13-2015, 07:16 AM

79,555 posts, read 33,756,358 times
President Barack Obama criticized Fox News on Tuesday, accusing the network of portraying poor people as "leeches."

In a discussion at Georgetown University, Obama said the media made an effort to “suggest the poor are sponges, leeches, don't want to work, are lazy, are undeserving," and he then singled out Fox News for special rebuke.

I don't have a problem with this statement.

There’s always been a strain in American politics where you’ve got the middle class, and the question has been, who are you mad at, if you’re struggling; if you’re working, but you don’t seem to be getting ahead. And over the last 40 years, sadly, I think there’s been an effort to either make folks mad at folks at the top, or to be mad at folks at the bottom.

But here Obama is as guilty as anyone and has no room to talk. Most of the rest is just empty rhetoric.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:27 AM

25,235 posts, read 14,076,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Yeah, naturally he's ripping FOX, but it's an ominous, even threatening warning coming from the President. He's had no problem siccing the DOJ on the liberal MSM, I can just imagine what he'd like to do to FOX.

But do folks on the left want that? FOX hate is well documented here on CD, but this is the President. Are you folks comfortable with this? Let's say President Cruz decides he's had it with CNN and MSNBC and the NYT and puts the resources of the DOJ to work to close them down. Obama already created the precedent, so it's okay, right?

For the left Obama Just Called Out Fox News For Making the Poor Out to Be "Leeches" | Mother Jones

For the right Obama Rips Fox: 'We're Going to Have to Change How the Media Reports' - Breitbart
If we change the system where news stations must report the news without any personal or corporate opinion included, just the news and nothing but the news, I would be all for that for a refreshing change. I am not saying that they cannot still play their games but when they run their opinions or twist on topics there should be a script running across the bottom of the screen saying "Caution: This is just our opinion on the topic and it may or may not be based on all the facts or the truth."

Old 05-13-2015, 07:28 AM

66,574 posts, read 33,889,281 times
He has to get a handle on the Government propaganda machine.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:30 AM

27,667 posts, read 17,701,242 times
Just more of O-bobos policy of divisiveness and pandering to the weak minded. Working as intended.

I must be old...I remember when we actually had presidents that acted "presidential", that assumed responsibility, displayed leadership and worked to unite the country. Not a man-child that blames everyone else on his failings and constantly works to divide the country.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:30 AM

79,555 posts, read 33,756,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
If we change the system where news stations must report the news without any personal or corporate opinion included, just the news and nothing but the news, I would be all for that for a refreshing change. I am not saying that they cannot still play their games but when they run their opinions or twist on topics there should be a script running across the bottom of the screen saying "Caution: This is just our opinion on the topic and it may or may not be based on all the facts or the truth."
Can we do the same thing whenever there is a politician on the air?

Disclaimer: anything said may not be based in facts.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:34 AM

30,493 posts, read 20,144,797 times
Quote:

Do you believe Fox needs more love to offset their "hate"?

Old 05-13-2015, 07:39 AM

26,366 posts, read 24,561,938 times
Quote:

If the President or any American wanted to to what is right, all news agencies, need to get back to reporting the news and the truth....

that was the premise of HBO's "Newsroom".....

stop using the media for agendas and to suppress American's knowledge....

yanno, its our politicans that mold the U.S., and they are not doing such a good job...and before someone chimes in and pounds down the liberals or the conservatives, let me tell you, it's both sides that have corrupted the U.S. This is the U.S. and its time we all start adhearing to our own laws...it angers me to no end when I see people speeding and or talking or texting on the cells while driving....everyone has become oblivious to laws, do you know how many people I see going thru red lights? What is wrong with people?

If your leaders are corrupt, so will your people be.

Media want's to be the first to report the story and in doing so, they always get it wrong....and their power has gone to their heads....they insert sublimital messages to try and brainwash people....into thinking like they do....look what they did with smokers...that is scarey...the media has so much more power than anyone realizes.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 05-13-2015 at 07:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or