U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2015, 04:14 PM

49,999 posts, read 26,510,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
Samr way all the native people of Latin America, they saw the light
What light?

You mean the light that comes from the end of a whip?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Your question is irrelevant to your contention that Christianity is a white man's religion.

Jesus Christ was not a "white man."
Paul, the founder of Christianity was certainly white. A Greek citizen of Jewish origin.

I don't know what Jesus was...or if there WAS a man called Jesus. It might be all made up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 06:33 PM

14,379 posts, read 7,932,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm confounding nothing. It's all connected. "Christ" was a Jew that practiced Judaism. He invented no such religion called Christianity.
Buddha did not claim to be God; Moses never said that he was Yahweh; Mohammed did not identify himself as Allah; and nowhere will you find Zoroaster claiming to be Ahura Mazda. Yet Jesus, the carpenter from Nazareth, said that he who has seen Him (Jesus) has seen the Father (John 14:9)

So, you are confused and probably confounded. He may have been born a Jew, but he taught an entirely new religion, which means he was the genesis of Christianity. Using your mundane definition... he certainly invented Christianity.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:38 PM

14,379 posts, read 7,932,405 times
Quote:
What light?
Paul, the founder of Christianity was certainly white. A Greek citizen of Jewish origin.

I don't know what Jesus was...or if there WAS a man called Jesus. It might be all made up.
...and I have no clue why color of skin is again injected into every thread!!!

As a Christian, I couldn't care less the color of his skin. I believe he died for my sins, and will never deny him.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Buddha did not claim to be God; Moses never said that he was Yahweh; Mohammed did not identify himself as Allah; and nowhere will you find Zoroaster claiming to be Ahura Mazda. Yet Jesus, the carpenter from Nazareth, said that he who has seen Him (Jesus) has seen the Father (John 14:9)

So, you are confused and probably confounded. He may have been born a Jew, but he taught an entirely new religion, which means he was the genesis of Christianity. Using your mundane definition... he certainly invented Christianity.
No really...he didn't.

As a Rabbi, he was a practicing Jew.

Moreover, if he said "he who has seen him," what's that got to do with me? I've NEVER seen him.

Sure, folks claimed that they've seen him, but that's only hearsay to me. I saw nothing.

What I do see is a lot of gum flapping and rank hypocrisy by the very people that claim to believe so much in him.

Quote:

As a Christian, I couldn't care less the color of his skin. I believe he died for my sins, and will never deny him.
I didn't tell you to deny anything. He may have died for your sins (whatever that means), but he didnt die for mine.

Color of skin is important because the only reason why African Americans are Christians is because their slave masters were Christians. Why would I believe in the same faith of the people that enslaved my ancestors in a brutal fashion?

That's like a Jew subscribing to Nazism. It ain't logical.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:04 PM

7,479 posts, read 5,766,724 times
If Christ showed up today, he'd be nailed to a 2x4 - or simply shot - by the crazies who claim to be "Christian."

What else can be said of loons who believe that the two most important things in 'mericah are "Guns and The Bible" - the two are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE - Jesus specifically opposed violence, as well as worshiping the rich, hating the poor, refusing to pay one's taxes, condemning others, etc.

Most of what passes for "Christian" in this nation today isn't, and many of our crazed zealots have more in common with the Taliban than they do with Christ. If they were in charge, anyone who's different would be put to death, anyone who disagreed would be killed, religious law and civil law would be blended together into a cruel, backward stew, science and progress would be cast aside, and violence against "the enemy" would be held above all else. Sound familiar?

Old 05-13-2015, 07:08 PM

7,479 posts, read 5,766,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
Not true. Islam has been violent from 7th century (day Muhammad started the religion) until today. Islamic History 101....
Debatable, but you could also argue that Christianity has been violent since about when Constantine integrated it into the brutal wars of the Roman Empire in the year 312:

Constantine the Great and Christianity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, worst case, both religions have been causing havoc for well over 1,000 years.

The truth is less exciting in that there have been good leaders and bad of all faiths, but it is nothing but laughable ignorance of history to claim that Islam is "evil" and Christianity is "good" when you start looking at body count produced in the name of both religions over the ages.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:13 PM

935 posts, read 487,596 times
Quote:
What light?

You mean the light that comes from the end of a whip?

No the light that comes from gun powder

Old 05-13-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
No the light that comes from gun powder
Ahhh yes...muzzle flash.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:07 PM

8,632 posts, read 9,150,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORION83 View Post
USA: This Is What America Would Be Like As a Christian Nation

Wow....NICE! Its also WHY this country has gone down the crapper as well. Not because we are a christian nation but because so many of our politicians are christians and think that's how our countries policies are to be issued. Please read the article before commenting! Its also a good chunk of why I am NOT a christian and never will be. Christianity welcomes invaders,loves their enemies and just is all around not the kind of religion I would want my nation to be built upon.
Well to bad because it was... but not to worry , those of your ilk are seeing to it that we will be suffering the judgement that comes with turning away. Stay tuned, it will be here sooner than you think.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:10 PM

8,632 posts, read 9,150,183 times
Quote:

And any one else who chooses to believe...red yellow black white or brown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or