U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-14-2015, 11:50 AM
 
493 posts, read 310,612 times
Reputation: 162

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What's wrong with the Jews killing Jesus? I thought the whole point is that he came here to die for our sins? So didn't the Jews do all of us a service by facilitating Jesus' death?

And if the Jews had accepted him, then would they THEN have been his chosen people to the exclusion of the rest of us?
Jews asked the Romans to kill him because they saw him as a threat and were misguided. Jesus said "Father, Father Forgive them they no not know what they do." Obviously he sacrificed his life for us but didn't want to be tortured the way he was. He cried several times during his last hours in fact.

Some Jews did accept him, because all early Christians were Jews as were his 12 disciples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-14-2015, 11:53 AM
 
493 posts, read 310,612 times
Reputation: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They believe they are Christians. They believe in Jesus Christ. They don't believe in the Trinity. But they worship the same God that you do..
How can they be Christians yet deny what it says in the Bible? I wish JW people all the best and I hope one day they ask God for forgiveness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2015, 11:54 AM
 
40,170 posts, read 24,392,802 times
Reputation: 12666
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
True. But 10 commandments could be followed by anyone regardless of religious background. I don't think anyone agrees with stealing and killing others.
But your position is that the Ten Commandments only apply to Jews. That's what you said. YOU said that the Old Testament was for Jews and the New Testament was for Christians. YOU said that Christians didn't have to follow the rules, laws, commandments, guidances of the Old Testament. It only applies to Jews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2015, 11:57 AM
 
40,170 posts, read 24,392,802 times
Reputation: 12666
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
Jews asked the Romans to kill him because they saw him as a threat and were misguided. Jesus said "Father, Father Forgive them they no not know what they do." Obviously he sacrificed his life for us but didn't want to be tortured the way he was. He cried several times during his last hours in fact.

Some Jews did accept him, because all early Christians were Jews as were his 12 disciples.
Why did he cry out, "Why have you forsaken me, Oh Lord?" Did God forsake his son, who is also God and therefore himself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2015, 12:01 PM
 
40,170 posts, read 24,392,802 times
Reputation: 12666
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
How can they be Christians yet deny what it says in the Bible? I wish JW people all the best and I hope one day they ask God for forgiveness.
Where does the word "trinity" appear in the original gospels? The New Testament was put together by a bunch of priests who had an agenda, while they were deciding which gospels to include, and which gospels to exclude. The Bible has been translated, over and over, by people with agendas. Is it any wonder that there are thousands of different interpretations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2015, 12:02 PM
 
493 posts, read 310,612 times
Reputation: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
But your position is that the Ten Commandments only apply to Jews. That's what you said. YOU said that the Old Testament was for Jews and the New Testament was for Christians. YOU said that Christians didn't have to follow the rules, laws, commandments, guidances of the Old Testament. It only applies to Jews.
You need to go back to what I said... don't want to repeat myself several times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2015, 12:03 PM
 
32,612 posts, read 16,672,021 times
Reputation: 17523
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
True. But 10 commandments could be followed by anyone regardless of religious background. I don't think anyone agrees with stealing and killing others.
Really? "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me" could be followed "by anyone regardless of religious background"? It's on top of the freakin' list, and we're already on shaky ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2015, 12:04 PM
 
493 posts, read 310,612 times
Reputation: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Where does the word "trinity" appear in the original gospels? The New Testament was put together by a bunch of priests who had an agenda, while they were deciding which gospels to include, and which gospels to exclude. The Bible has been translated, over and over, by people with agendas. Is it any wonder that there are thousands of different interpretations?
Jesus said that he is the son of the living God. There is only 1 Bible; but different cultures and sects practice their faith slightly differently which is fine as long as their universal message is that Jesus is the son of God the Messiah from the Old Testament; the lord and savior.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Trinity-Bible.html (read here about the Trinity)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2015, 12:05 PM
 
40,170 posts, read 24,392,802 times
Reputation: 12666
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
You need to go back to what I said... don't want to repeat myself several times.
What you said is contradictory. The problem is you contradict yourself. The problem is that the Bible has numerous contradictions. Which is why people interpret the Bible, trying to decipher its true message. You have your interpretation. Others interpret it differently. But instead of acknowledging that others can interpret the Bible differently than you, you declare those others to not be Christians. Which does not reinforce the message of love and tolerance you espouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2015, 12:06 PM
 
40,170 posts, read 24,392,802 times
Reputation: 12666
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
Jesus said that he is the son of the living God. There is only 1 Bible; but different cultures and sects practice their faith slightly differently which is fine as long as their universal message is that Jesus is the son of God the Messiah from the Old Testament; the lord and savior.
Jehovah Witnesses believe that Jesus is the son of the living God. But you've declared them not to be Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top