U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 12:00 PM

493 posts, read 309,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If the Bible wasn't used to justify slavery, then why are African Americans in 2015 STILL mostly Christian? Where'd they get that from?
African Americans today are mainly Christian because they want to embrace the beauty and truth of Christianity. Who wouldn't want to be a follower of Christ?
Many were introduced to the Christian faith just like how early Christians were, nothing wrong. Christians are encouraged to spread the good news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 12:02 PM

50,184 posts, read 26,572,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
African Americans today are mainly Christian because they want to embrace the beauty and truth of Christianity. Who wouldn't want to be a follower of Christ?
Many were introduced to the Christian faith just like how early Christians were, nothing wrong. Christians are encouraged to spread the good news.
LMAO

Really?

Try again. How did African Americans come to be Christians? This ain't hard playboy.

28,296 posts, read 15,365,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORION83 View Post
Christianity is in NO WAY peaceful religion. Crusades? Their attacks on non christians in pre christian Europe.....just no...stop white washing the very violent history of christianity...hell even in the bible "god" is a violent bully.
The fact that you have to go to a time period centuries before America existed to make your point just illustrates how non-violent Christians are.

106 posts, read 61,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
You compare Christianity with Islam?
Go study religion and come back!

USA: This Is What America Would Be Like As a Christian Nation Read the article OP posted perhaps.
Some Christians do share many similarities to Muslims. Theoretically speaking, if America became a Christian nation, many of the laws could be similar to Islamic theocracy.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:04 PM

3,993 posts, read 2,043,901 times
I say that for peoples politics too and their sexuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Keep the religion out of it. That's for people's private time.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:04 PM

28,296 posts, read 15,365,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Do your own research. I'm not a biblical scholar. Hell, i don't ever wanna read a bible verse again as long as i live. That stuff is all over the internet and isn't hard to find. Google "Biblical verses use to justify slavery" and a list a mile long pops up.

If the Bible wasn't used to justify slavery, then why are African Americans in 2015 STILL mostly Christian? Where'd they get that from?
You said you had the verses. You took the time to make the point. Now you don't want to back it up. Bogus point you made there.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The fact that you have to go to a time period centuries before America existed to make your point just illustrates how non-violent Christians are.
Really?

Was the Yugoslav War, when Catholic Croatian militias and Serbian Orthodox militias tried to exterminate the Muslim population of Bosnia, "centuries before America existed?

Oh...and those massacres and genocides were done with the blessing of their respective churches, in case you didn't know.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You said you had the verses. You took the time to make the point. Now you don't want to back it up. Bogus point you made there.
Google is my friend. If he's not yours, that's between you and him.

I've got nothing to do with that. Be a better friend or something....whatever.

I said that i had the verses pointed out to me. Not that i dug up those verses myself.

Reading is fundamental.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:13 PM

29,206 posts, read 15,351,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORION83 View Post
Christianity is in NO WAY peaceful religion. Crusades?
Let's see here, the Crusaders were Christians who went to take back various cities and regions from the Muslims. Here's a question, how did the Muslims come in possession of these cities and regions? Were there any battles involved when they became Muslim?

Old 05-13-2015, 12:20 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,143,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Let's see here, the Crusaders were Christians who went to take back various cities and regions from the Muslims. Here's a question, how did the Muslims come in possession of these cities and regions? Were there any battles involved when they became Muslim?
Ah hogwash, everyone knows that the Muslims just happened to walk around and discover half of Europe. Everyone there loved Muhammeds followers, such a pleasant lot. Then a bunch of uppity white racist christians decided to go kill some brown people. There you have it the Crusades according to Orion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or