Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 09:55 AM

364 posts, read 277,375 times

Advertisements

USA: This Is What America Would Be Like As a Christian Nation

Wow....NICE! Its also WHY this country has gone down the crapper as well. Not because we are a christian nation but because so many of our politicians are christians and think that's how our countries policies are to be issued. Please read the article before commenting! Its also a good chunk of why I am NOT a christian and never will be. Christianity welcomes invaders,loves their enemies and just is all around not the kind of religion I would want my nation to be built upon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 09:59 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,134 times
"A Christian nation doesn’t exist, nor will one ever exist. However, the Kingdom of God does exist, right here, right now– and you’re invited to live within it, where all of those above things are lived and practiced already"

Old 05-13-2015, 10:00 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
Uhh, there's a difference between a Christian nation and a Christian Government. Just look at the middle Eastern countries with Sharia law.... law based on their religion with no separation between religion and government. I don't hear of anyone in the US wanting a Christian Government.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:03 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Keep the religion out of it. That's for people's private time.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Keep the religion out of it. That's for people's private time.
I agree 100%.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:38 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
The article makes bogus points from the standpoint of someone who does not understand who Christ is.

The issues he brought up are as follows - his statements are in bold:
  • We’d Have To Abolish the 2nd Amendment. - The 2nd Amendment would not have to be abolished. Abraham had hired people for his defense. We are allowed to protect loved ones from harm.
  • We’d Have to Replace the Department of Defense with the Department of Enemy Love. - Government is allowed to defend the country. The Lord set up the nation of Israel and they had an army of people for its defense.
  • We’d Have to End Capital Punishment. - Capital punishment would definitely be on the table. The writer is trying to use the mock trial of John 8 to make his point.
  • Eradicating Poverty Would Be One of Our Most Pressing Concerns. - I agree on the poverty point, and the sick point - but on a voluntary basis - not a forced government mandate.
  • We’d Become The Most Loving Nation Toward Immigrants. - Legal immigrants - fine. Law breakers from other countries - nope. We have laws on the books on how people should become a part of our ranks.
  • We’d Pay Our Taxes Without Complaining About It. - The Bible mentions following the laws, which means paying taxes, or not paying taxes - that's the issue. We are free to complain as long as we follow the law.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:00 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Making this country a Christian nation AGAIN is a scary thought.

We've dumped Slavery and Jim Crow already...two large components of Christianity, and now we're finally giving Gay rights a fair shake. Not fast enough, but we're getting there. Not to mention women's rights, suffrage, etc....

I don't wanna go back into the dark old days of being a Christian Nation.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:05 AM

Yall read the link....its not what you think. Its what christianity REALLY teaches not what politicians THINK it teaches.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:06 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Making this country a Christian nation AGAIN is a scary thought.

We've dumped Slavery and Jim Crow already...two large components of Christianity, and now we're finally giving Gay rights a fair shake. Not fast enough, but we're getting there. Not to mention women's rights, suffrage, etc....

I don't wanna go back into the dark old days of being a Christian Nation.
Really?? Racial discrimination is not a tenet of Christianity. Please stop the nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORION83 View Post
Yall read the link....its not what you think. Its what christianity REALLY teaches not what politicians THINK it teaches.
Did you read my reply - the article is not representative of Christianity.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:10 AM

Yes I read it. The author has a degree in Theology...so.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies