Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 07:32 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio1803 View Post
Here is the video of him saying Guam would would tip over. Wonder how hard it was to not laugh out loud when he said that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs23CjIWMgA
He looks dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 07:51 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I, as a reasonably intelligent person, would not live where hood rats routinely wreck their neighborhoods. I would not live where there are hood rats. The people where I live routinely exterminate vermin. I own my own house. My nearest neighbor is 5 miles away. A Katrina hood rat relocated to the town that is near me was eventually run out of town since he started dealing meth, assaulting old people, etc. In court, he made a statement that if he had the money, he would leave. After his last conviction, the court bought a plane ticket, took him from the jail to the airport and stuck him on a plane and sent him back to NOLA.

They don't put up with hood rats where I live.

Urban nomad? Hardly.

If you're a RENTER, you are an urban nomad, unless you have a stash of cash or some deal that allows you to stay put indefinitely.

If you're a renter, you literally can stay where you live only until someone with more money wants to live where you do.

If you're a poor renter, you're not going to be owning a home. Sometimes poor people live in ghettos because that is the only place they can afford to live.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:52 AM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
It's never your neighborhood when you don't own property.

You're just an urban nomad, temporarily living where nobody with more money than you wants to live.

i.e. if it is your neighborhood, that is only until someone with more money than you wants to live there.
Four years and 21,000 posts later you could have owned property if it truly mattered. You cannot buy property with excuses.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:00 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,018 times
So in essence, he's saying that the poor are just temporarily pacified criminals, and taking away their welfare will let loose their inherent criminal behavior.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:01 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
If you're a RENTER, you are an urban nomad, unless you have a stash of cash or some deal that allows you to stay put indefinitely.

If you're a renter, you literally can stay where you live only until someone with more money wants to live where you do.

If you're a poor renter, you're not going to be owning a home. Sometimes poor people live in ghettos because that is the only place they can afford to live.
Not my problem. Doesn't mean they have to act like hood rats and wreck it.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:57 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I say don't worry about it, Hank. We've still got the second amendment.
Hey so do they.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:23 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
More genius from the liberals. This is the same guy that said the island of Guam would tip over if too many people were standing on it.

He says we either keep delivering the handouts, or there's going to be violence.

Hank Johnson: GOP Budget Could Cause America’s ‘Have-Nots’ to Riot Like Baltimore | PJ Tatler
wow, give them money or they will riot? He's insulting them and they won't realize it.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:25 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Quote:
More genius from the liberals. This is the same guy that said the island of Guam would tip over if too many people were standing on it.

He says we either keep delivering the handouts, or there's going to be violence.

Hank Johnson: GOP Budget Could Cause America’s ‘Have-Nots’ to Riot Like Baltimore | PJ Tatler
I think we'll have to consider other root causes. Just saw this story about two Baltimore city jail correctional officers being caught on video looting a 711:

Two Baltimore City Jail Correctional Officers Caught Looting | The Daily Caller

We might have to dig a little deeper.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:36 PM

231 posts, read 171,605 times
. Yes, it's kind of a veiled threat.
. Yes, he's as dumb as a post.

What else can you say.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:57 PM

6,380 posts, read 6,269,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Cut off the welfare. If they start to wreck their neighbourhood, violently put down the riot. Maybe when they are starving and can't wreck their neighbourhood, they might find a little dignity and actually find a job.
Tell that to the property owners profiting of their section 8. And the businesses profiting off their WIC etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies