Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 04:30 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I just don't get the world in which conservatives inhabit.

Forget this naive philosophical outlook from conservatives about how the economy is supposed to work.

Look, there is ample data about how the economy does under Democratic and conservatives Presidents.

This an objective fact, under Democratic Presidents the economy grows more than under conservatives.

Job growth, GDP growth, wage growth, stock market, etc.

It is a lie that conservatives have some secret to make the economy grow faster.

It is a belief that has no basis in reality.

All one had to do is look at Mr Kudlow's predictions about the economy to see that.

Mr Kudlow was screaming about exploding interest rates, the dollar being worthless, Chna owning all our debt because of the stimulus and QE, none of his predictions came true. He has been wrong about every thing.

conservatives really do live in a fantasy world where they believe they have a secret knowledge of economic growth, yet History and reality says conservatives have no such secret and the economy doesn't perform better under their stewardship.
I thought it was ok for Obama to blame bush for the crapy economy, who knew it was his fault all along!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 04:33 PM

5,355 posts, read 5,132,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Milton Friedman

checkmate
What about him?
Quote:

Forget this naive philosophical outlook from conservatives about how the economy is supposed to work.

Look, there is ample data about how the economy does under Democratic and conservatives Presidents.

This an objective fact, under Democratic Presidents the economy grows more than under conservatives.

It is a lie that conservatives have some secret to make the economy grow faster.

All one had to do is look at Mr Kudlow's predictions about the economy to see that.

Mr Kudlow was screaming about exploding interest rates, the dollar being worthless, Chna owning all our debt because of the stimulus and QE, none of his predictions came true. He has been wrong about every thing.

conservatives really do live in a fantasy world where they believe they have a secret knowledge of economic growth, yet History and reality says conservatives have no such secret and the economy doesn't perform better under their stewardship.
I actually don't think the president has that much to do with the economy though. Other factors would be much more important IMO. Chairman of the Fed probably has more sway over the immediate direction of the economy than the president.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
lol! So the righties still insist that the rich and businesses create jobs out of thin air? Without DEMAND, no business creates jobs. If I own a widget factory and the government cuts my taxes, I don't take that money and hire more people. I just keep it for myself and get richer. The only way I hire more people is if DEMAND for widgets goes up and I can justify hiring more people to make more widgets, thereby making more profit. Conservatives still believe the LIE that if we just give more money to the richest Americans, it will "trickle down" to the middle and lower classes.

And as we've seen in the past few decades, as wealth is transferred more and more from the middle to upper class, the middle class can't afford as many products and services, thereby reducing DEMAND and a need for more hiring.
how can a demand be met without profits? This is the part you left wing kooks dont seem to understand. And what happens when the "rich" earn their profits i.e. become "rich"? What exactly do you think they do with their money if not put it into banks where it needs to be reloaned back out in order to earn a return, which then spurs the economy.

Do you even understand that by giving the money to the government, you are limiting capital available.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:02 PM

Quote:

And since Democrats have been whining for nearly 1/2 a decade now that things like jobs are a delayed economic indicator, this would mean that growth under Democratic Presidents are actually due to a result of the previous administration.

In addition, the growth we had under the Clinton administration was because of a republican Congress. Democrats fought tooth and nail whining over Republican policies, they even shut down government, but now a decade later, proclaim it was a massive success and credit Clinton, despite him actually oppositing the economic policies which lead to growth.

I dont understand how Democrats can run around and embarass themself almost non stop..

I mean seriously, wage growth? What wage growth are we seeing?

Stock market? You do understand that stock markets climb as a result of a lack of competition and other items like reduced competition for labor, thus raising of profits, employee layoffs etc. Are you really claiming all of this is now an accomplishment?

Old 05-14-2015, 05:08 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
What about him?

I actually don't think the president has that much to do with the economy though. Other factors would be much more important IMO. Chairman of the Fed probably has more sway over the immediate direction of the economy than the president.
I don't either, but it's conservatives constantly selling the lie that their Plutocratic economic theories are some kind of secret weapon to increase economic growth.

I was merely pointing out that there is factual data to view.

How does the economy do under conservatives vs democratic presidents.

It does better under Democrats.

This lays to waste the ignorant lying points of conservatives that is if reality about this topic mattered much to conservatives.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:10 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
good read.
Kudlow: Why Obama doesn't get common sense economics

here is a blerb

Its too bad the left doesn't get this.

even further

and the only reason Clinton did it was because of a republican controlled congress.
Umm, Tax Revenues are up, kind of puts a dent in the whole argument.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
It does better under Democrats.

This lays to waste the ignorant lying points of conservatives that is if reality about this topic mattered much to conservatives.
Clinton objected to the economic strategy to boost the economy, and Obamas strategy to jumpstart the economy is the exact opposite of what took place under Clinton, but ignorance is expecting the same result.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:13 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And since Democrats have been whining for nearly 1/2 a decade now that things like jobs are a delayed economic indicator, this would mean that growth under Democratic Presidents are actually due to a result of the previous administration.

In addition, the growth we had under the Clinton administration was because of a republican Congress. Democrats fought tooth and nail whining over Republican policies, they even shut down government, but now a decade later, proclaim it was a massive success and credit Clinton, despite him actually oppositing the economic policies which lead to growth.

I dont understand how Democrats can run around and embarass themself almost non stop..

I mean seriously, wage growth? What wage growth are we seeing?

Stock market? You do understand that stock markets climb as a result of a lack of competition and other items like reduced competition for labor, thus raising of profits, employee layoffs etc. Are you really claiming all of this is now an accomplishment?
SMH, I don't get the point of your post.

Look, conservatives like Kudlow have these lying points about the economy, that are philosophical and have zero relationship to reality.

Kudlow was predicting economic doom because of the stimulus and QE, run away inflation, another recession, a depressed dollar, etc, the man has been wrong about everything. Does that not matter to conservatives? You had all of these predictions about run away inflation and us becoming Greece or the Weimar Republic in Germany that conservatives were throwing out back in 2009, 2010, 2011 and none of it came true.

And yet Kudlow who has been wrong for years pretends he has some knowledge of the Economy because he is a conservative, where's the proof of this knowledge in the real world?

It's non existent.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Umm, Tax Revenues are up, kind of puts a dent in the whole argument.
Actually spending has fallen $200 billion since the Republicans have taken over Congress, which we were told by Democrats for years would crash the economy.

Revenues are up because they couldnt possibly bottom any longer, revenues average 18% of GDP so while the GDP grows, so does revenues. Its no coincidence that the economy started growing when things like the Obama stimulus bill started winding down, you leave more money in the economy, people will spend it.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
SMH, I don't get the point of your post.
Of course you dote, considering the topic of the thread, I'm not surprised
Quote:
Look, conservatives like Kudlow have these lying points about the economy, that are philosophical and have zero relationship to reality.

Kudlow was predicting economic doom because of the stimulus and QE, run away inflation, another recession, a depressed dollar, etc, the man has been wrong about everything. Does that not matter to conservatives? You had all of these predictions about run away inflation and us becoming Greece or the Weimar Republic in Germany that conservatives were throwing out back in 2009, 2010, 2011 and none of it came true.
And liberals have been saying that reducing government spending would crash the economy, increasing welfare would grow it, needed to pass ACA to insure every american and reduce the cost etc..

You guys arent correct about a dam thing. I'm not the least bit worried about what one individual precluded if the facts dont support the argument, but then I'm not a liberal who ran around for years posting ridiculous talking points as if they were facts
Quote:
And yet Kudlow who has been wrong for years pretends he has some knowledge of the Economy because he is a conservative, where's the proof of this knowledge in the real world?

It's non existent.
Cite for me ONE bit of evidence that boosting food stamp usage, jumpstarts an economy.. lets start there..

Then we can follow it up with some asinine economic theory that reducing money in the economy, would cause people to spend more..

hows those wages doing again under your utopia president again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies