U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 12:24 PM

14,752 posts, read 13,256,936 times

Advertisements

You folks should be pro-choice for the benefit of anti abortion protesters at clinics when the tables have been turned on them, find themselves pregnant and wanting an abortion. If abortion is banned, they won't have access to safe and professional medical facilities. Nor will any other woman:

Excerpted from: THE PRO-CHOICE ACTION NETWORK

"I've had several cases over the years in which the anti-abortion patient had rationalized in one way or another that her case was the only exception, but the one that really made an impression was the college senior who was the president of her campus Right-to-Life organization, meaning that she had worked very hard in that organization for several years. As I was completing her procedure, I asked what she planned to do about her high office in the RTL organization. Her response was a wide-eyed, 'You're not going to tell them, are you!?' When assured that I was not, she breathed a sigh of relief, explaining how important that position was to her and how she wouldn't want this to interfere with it." (Physician, Texas)

Old 05-20-2015, 01:39 PM

77,926 posts, read 33,252,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If the doctor recommends, presumably the doctor's recommendation is based on HEALTH reasons.
Sure....it's the abortionists job to kill the fetus when asked. A doctor doesn't have to recommend it.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:51 PM

9,897 posts, read 6,829,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Why would anyone oppose this? I read the bill. It is short, to the point, and allows exceptions for rape and the health of the woman. It also explains the research. I don't see why the senate or anyone else would be against bans on mutilating a fetus for no good reason.

House passes bill banning abortions after 20 weeks - CNNPolitics.com

Of course Hillary is against it.
It's not Congress' business. Why anyone concerns themselves with the abortion issue these days
when we have so many problems feeding and taking care of breathing human beings, is beyond me.

Old 05-20-2015, 04:57 PM

14,752 posts, read 13,256,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
It's not Congress' business. Why anyone concerns themselves with the abortion issue these days
when we have so many problems feeding and taking care of breathing human beings, is beyond me.
Oklahoma pays for its low abortion rate by having one of the highest rates of unwed teenage pregnancies of the states. That is an example of one problem that needs more worry and attention than abortion.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:17 PM

39,995 posts, read 24,253,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sure....it's the abortionists job to kill the fetus when asked. A doctor doesn't have to recommend it.
And still, doctors do make recommendations. You may not like it, but doctors do make recommendations, for health reasons, regarding the woman, to abort fetuses.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:34 PM

46,054 posts, read 29,422,617 times
Quote:
And still, doctors do make recommendations. You may not like it, but doctors do make recommendations, for health reasons, regarding the woman, to abort fetuses.
I wonder if he realizes the ones that preform an abortion are also doctors.....Though I guess some people want to have the government in control of their body and decisions they make for their own body.

Next thing we know, anti-choice people will be wanting the government to regulate what a woman can eat, drink, and do while she is pregnant.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:
I've covered that.

"Doc, I'm 21 weeks pregnant and I don't want to carry out this pregnancy. My boyfriend just left me and I dont want my parents to know"

Doctor: I recommend an abortion.

No one is arguing that doesn't happen.

Old 05-21-2015, 05:26 PM

46,054 posts, read 29,422,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've covered that.

"Doc, I'm 21 weeks pregnant and I don't want to carry out this pregnancy. My boyfriend just left me and I dont want my parents to know"

Doctor: I recommend an abortion.

No one is arguing that doesn't happen.
Why would a woman carry a fetus for 21 weeks and then change her mind about it? How about we act like we are in the real world with our posts rather than this fantasy you seem to have cooked up.

No woman carries a fetus for 21 weeks and then gets an abortion because she changed her mind about having a baby.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Why would a woman carry a fetus for 21 weeks and then change her mind about it?
I gave two in my example.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:12 PM

474 posts, read 760,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
I oppose this on bodily autonomy grounds.

I believe that since a woman owns her own body that it is her right to end her pregnancy at any time she chooses since the fetus is entirely dependent on her body for survival.
If a woman wants to cut off her arm or her leg, that's OK with me. But a fetus isn't her flesh. It has different DNA and she shouldn't have unlimited control over that creature living inside her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or