Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2015, 08:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
If a woman is having a late term abortion it isn't because she changed her mind about having a baby, it is for a medical reason. Stop trying to play politics with other people's bodies, it is pathetic.
We will note, you didn't dispute my statement. There is never a case where the fetus must be killed late term to save the life of the mother.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:54 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We will note, you didn't dispute my statement. There is never a case where the fetus must be killed late term to save the life of the mother.
Well that is just a false statement on your part where you assume nothing happens because no one ever informed you of such information. How about asking a few doctors this question, I am sure you will be surprised by what they tell you.

Here is some late term abortion articles for you to read if you actually care...
http://womensenews.org/story/campaig...e-womens-lives

http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/20...saved-my-life/

Old 05-20-2015, 01:47 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,373,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
The means by which we FEEL pain is through the central nervous system.
The central nervous system is intact by 8 WEEKS GESTATION.
Untrue and a massive over simplification of the truth. Worse, you have posted and been corrected on this outright falsification numerous times in the past. So it is pretty clear you are only engaging in a campaign of agenda drive mis-information.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:01 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Why would anyone oppose this? I read the bill. It is short, to the point, and allows exceptions for rape and the health of the woman. It also explains the research. I don't see why the senate or anyone else would be against bans on mutilating a fetus for no good reason.

House passes bill banning abortions after 20 weeks - CNNPolitics.com

Of course Hillary is against it.
I am totally against abortion unless it was rape or incest, but this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
This should be a state issue.
As it should have been all along. Fed gov get OUT of it, it should be up to each individual state to decide.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Well that is just a false statement on your part where you assume nothing happens because no one ever informed you of such information. How about asking a few doctors this question, I am sure you will be surprised by what they tell you.

Here is some late term abortion articles for you to read if you actually care...
Late-Term Abortion Saved These Women's Lives | Womens eNews
Outright lie outside of the fact that there is some risk in every single delivery of a woman dying. This argument can be made for every single delivery.

The risk today is almost non existent. She wanted the fetus dead. Period.

Babies survive at this time period regularly.

Will a baby born at 25 weeks be okay? | BabyCenter

Since this procedure is now illegal there should women regularly dying. There isn't.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:33 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Outright lie outside of the fact that there is some risk in every single delivery of a woman dying. This argument can be made for every single delivery.

The risk today is almost non existent. She wanted the fetus dead. Period.

Babies survive at this time period regularly.

Will a baby born at 25 weeks be okay? | BabyCenter

Since this procedure is now illegal there should women regularly dying. There isn't.
Well then there you have it, you think all late term abortions are for fun. I am done arguing with you because it is clear to me you have zero idea what you are talking about and think the government should be able to control someone's body and choice.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Well then there you have it, you think all late term abortions are for fun. I am done arguing with you because it is clear to me you have zero idea what you are talking about and think the government should be able to control someone's body and choice.
And kill kittens.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:55 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,233 times
I get what they are trying to accomplish,however most amniocenteses are not performed until 20 weeks. That does not allow you an opportunity to make a decision if there is something wrong with the fetus. And yes, one should be allowed to decide if one has the resources and fortitude to parent a child who will require extra attention, and money, and a lifetime of parenting. So I could probably get on board with no abortions after 24 weeks, but not 20 weeks.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:15 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
The fetus may not be viable. If a woman is seriously ill, that may affect the development, and therefore the viability, of the fetus. Moreover, even in the third trimester, there is no guarantee that a fetus will survive after early delivery. The skill of the staff, the resources available to the facility play a part, and the condition of the mom and child at delivery play a part. It's not black and white.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The fetus may not be viable. If a woman is seriously ill, that may affect the development, and therefore the viability, of the fetus. Moreover, even in the third trimester, there is no guarantee that a fetus will survive after early delivery. The skill of the staff, the resources available to the facility play a part, and the condition of the mom and child at delivery play a part. It's not black and white.
Nobody said it was a guarantee that any baby survives. What I said was there was no case where they must be killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies