Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 12:13 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
I don't know if I a prejudice

im not judgmental or anything, liking a lighter hair tone is not being prejudice

I cant help what im attracted to !

its like saying a homosexual is prejudice for being attracted to men
You need to read up on prejudice it is not really a bad thing, it is natural so long as it does not control your life. But yes that is what you are most of us are. Does not make you a racist. Being from Poland means nothing, I am from Germany, I do not hate Jews or those considered "inferior" due to their race, that is just an excuse.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
I was born in Poland
but that's beside the point

in the 1950s the USA was over 90% white
This ain't 1950.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If I couldn't prove I'd be self sufficient and not leaching from an entire menu of social services, yes. But then, we didn't have that then so invalid point.
I don't know what you leeched from. You might be a leech right now for all i know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
they probably came here LEGALLY. big difference.
He didn't specify "legal" or "illegal" immigration. He said that he's against mass immigration and any of us can interpret what "mass" means.

For some people, all immigration is too much immigration. Besides, he's an immigrant himself...he shouldn't chirp too loudly. Maybe we shouldn't have let HIM in given his silly ass views.

After all, he claims that he wants to live in a monoculture in a nation that's united. Well why in the hell did he immigrate here....a nation that's NEVER been united in its history.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
maybe when I retire in the 2060s

and America is unrecognizable
"Unrecognizable?"

YOU'RE NOT EVEN FROM HERE!!! You wouldn't know what is and isn't recognizable about America.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:17 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
"Unrecognizable?"

YOU'RE NOT EVEN FROM HERE!!! You wouldn't know what is and isn't recognizable about America.
They are Polish-born with UK citizenship and they're trying to tell you USA-born Americans what the US is supposed to be... Ludicrous, right?

And the US has never in it's history been a mono-culture, not from day one, not in the 1950s and not now...

Old 05-14-2015, 12:18 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
apparently im racist because I oppose mass immigration, I don't support multiculturalism and because I like blonde hair and lighter eyes

whats racist about that ?
I always thought a racist was one that wanted bad things for others because of their race. I want success for everyone so I don't meet the racist definition here.

I looked up the definition which included my definition but the first thing mentioned was belief that a race is superior to another. So I believe blacks are superior at running and playing basketball so apparently I'm a racist as well. But using that definition, the only non-racist people are those who are incapable of thought and reason. So therefore, I'm glad to be a racist.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post
They are Polish-born with UK citizenship and they're trying to tell you USA-born Americans what the US is supposed to be... Ludicrous, right?

And the US has never in it's history been a mono-culture, not from day one, not in the 1950s and not now...
LOL...It's laughable.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:21 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The idea that we are divided into different races based on variances in our skin pigmentation is patently absurd. There is only one race, the human race.
Well genetics would prove you wrong. Many of us are of mixed race so one could have any skin color. Race isn't just about skin color. I have no problem with the different races living in harmony with one another but problems arise because of the different beliefs, religions, cultures and languages that clash with one another.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:24 PM

231 posts, read 171,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Should the Americans that lived here when your ancestors wanted to come been more anti-mass immigration and barred your ancestors from coming?
You bet. The successful English colonies were built atop either a vacant landscape, or by pushing the locals aside via illness or the ability to support a higher population density (higher quality farming vs. slash/burn or hunter-gatherers).

Demographics is destiny.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:39 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post

I disagree. We have been a melting pot of cultures. "Out of many...one". We do have an identifying culture and language and it has nothing to do with race or skin color.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:41 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Do you believe that one race in better than others due to their genetic makeup or not? The answer to your question depends on how you answer that question. Yes or No, simple as that.
It has gone beyond that now. I recall one of the local C-D Young Turks prattling on about it is more than the above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies