U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 04:46 PM

35,061 posts, read 19,178,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
again... you are leaving the context out.

every democrat in the senate voted for the war. They had access to the exact same intel that the president had. they thought it was the right thing to do.

I (the right winger in this thread you cant seem to understand) certainly DO NOT want to erase Bush from existence. I love the guy. He (unlike hussain Obama... see how I did that?) actually kept us safe, called Islamic extremists..."Islamic extremists" and didn't call terrorism "workplace violence"

Good guy that GWB... had we followed his plan there would be no ISIS and Iraq would be a stable bulwark against Iran and a great ally in the war on terror.

in fact, my POINT here is to say GEORGE W BUSH WAS RIGHT.

and

HUSSAIN OBAMA CREATED ISIS

hope you understood all that.
No wonder you're so upside down on all this.

You missed this part:

Senate Vote

Pub: 49 yay 1 nay

Dem: 29 yay 21 nay

Let's look at the

House Vote

Pub: 215 yay 6 nay

Dem: 82 yay 126 nay

And don't just swallow those numbers whole. you can look it up.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:46 PM

8,399 posts, read 5,289,840 times
Quote:
wrong. on every point here.

Bush said we would stay "until the job was done" that's an actual quote.

we very much could have handled the issue. it might have led to multiple nations and it might have taken time. but I remind you again and again WE ARE STILL IN GERMANY AND JAPAN. and South Korea for that matter.
You are wrong. GWBush through his mouth pieces were saying we'd be out of Iraq in a few months. This is a fact.

We couldn't handle anything. That's why we're still there by the time President Obama was sworn in.

Nothing was working. It was a failure from the start doomed. Just as predicted.

Again GWBush had YEARs to end that civil war and he couldn't do it, just as opponents of the war predicted.

So the warped conservative thinking is lets just stay in Iraq forever. If we keep troops in Iraq forever we don't have to admit we were completely wrong for destroying Iraq.

Idiotic thinking.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:47 PM

16,268 posts, read 9,078,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post

But the opponents of the Iraq War predicted, civil War, predicted Iran getting stronger, predicted destabilization of the region, and predicted drawing radicals into Iraq where none existed, which would lead to the creation of terrorist groups like ISIL.

one more thing then im done.

you are right about what the opponents predicted what you left out was how they went about working super hard to make their prediction reality. They succeeded. they have blood on their hands. we aren't nearly done with seeing that blood and in the end those same people are trying to hand Iran a nuclear bomb and that too will end in more blood.

its mind boggling how clear this picture is and even more so how so many can refuse to see it.

there are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

We will absolutely repeat the failures of the past. we must. we have far too many working far to hard to insure it happens.

welcome to 1919.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:

you are right about what the opponents predicted what you left out was how they went about working super hard to make their prediction reality. They succeeded. they have blood on their hands. we aren't nearly done with seeing that blood and in the end those same people are trying to hand Iran a nuclear bomb and that too will end in more blood.

its mind boggling how clear this picture is and even more so how so many can refuse to see it.

We will absolutely repeat the failures of the past. we must. we have far too many working far to hard to insure it happens.

welcome to 1919.
An irrelevant post. You should have stopped at the war opponents were right in their predictions of what a disaster the War in Iraq would be.

Your mind is confused on this topic. It's conservatives and Democrats like Hiliary Clinton who made the situation far worse. Iran greatly expanded its power in the region under GWBush as predicted by war opponents. Syria was destabilized, Iraq is destabilized.

This is where conservative fact free thinking leads us.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:56 PM

6,554 posts, read 3,268,493 times
Quote:

welcome to 1919.
Way to let your bias completely determine your view on this...

Liberals aren't working to make doomsday happen. Logically, the Iraq war was not going to have a good outcome. We had basically 3 options: let Saddam remain in power, go in and stay until the Shia/Sunni conflict ends (which we have no way of predicting when that will happen; if ever, meaning we'd be occupying Iraq indefinitely which is more expensive than letting Saddam handle things), or invade to make Iraq economically our then leave and let ISIS do whatever the hell it wants.

Option one was the best, but US interest said otherwise. Thus, our immoral war started. It was fueled by greed.

I agree, once we invaded, we should have stayed at least until we found someone who could take over. Unfortunately, we'd never openly hand power over to a dictator. We wanted people who were agreeable so they would just do whatever we tell them to. This isn't very helpful with the ISIS problem however.

Bottom line, we never should have invaded. It was a suicide mission.

As for Iran, seriously? No one is handing out nukes.

We all have blood on our hands. We gave power to psychopaths who have wallets where their brains should be. It's not a partisan problem. I'm responsible, your responsible, we're all responsible. We're too scared to demand a change in government policy so we sit back and let them literally get away with murder. I can literally see America failing right in front of me, but who's gonna step up and demand change? Absolutely no one. We've had a few false prophets, like Obama and probably Hillary, but the ones who show promise are unelectable apparently.

Point is, we've failed the world. The Middle East has fallen into chaos and now the most dangerous militant Muslim group we've ever seen is openly operational all because we did everything we could have possibly done wrong in the course of a decade.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:58 PM

50,028 posts, read 26,520,803 times
Quote:
Sorry dd, I do know what went on. I know far more than most. my major in history was simply an symptom of my lifelong love of the subject.

we didn't lose because we got beat in the field. we lost because we lost the will to win. THE END.

we did in fact defeat Iraq. we made terrible mistakes in the aftermath. NONE GREATER THAN LEAVING.

History is our friend. WW1 is instructive. So is WW2.
Of course we lost on the battlefield. Where else did we lose it at? Are those 58k men just a figment of someone's imagination?

And "will to win" is part of warfare. If we didn't have it and they did, they were the superior combatants. Suck it up.

And we didn't defeat Iraq. If we'd defeated Iraq, then you could have something to show for that victory. So far, there's nothing to show for it.

Well...4500 dead Americans.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:02 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,223,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
What does a poll have to do with anything?

The public was lied to, told Sadamm had weapons of mass destruction and was going to give those weapons to terrorists.

But Democrats in the Congress(House and Senate) when you combine their total votes the majority of elected Democrats in Congress voted against the war.

So no, it was conservatives who were the ones lying and then cheering us in to the disastrous war in Iraq.

In terms of a link, I don't have one.

You can look it up or not I don't care.

But the opponents of the Iraq War predicted, civil War, predicted Iran getting stronger, predicted destabilization of the region, and predicted drawing radicals into Iraq where none existed, which would lead to the creation of terrorist groups like ISIL.

conservatives who cheered yes into the war and who are still defending their idiotic choice were wrong about everything.
Where do I go to look up all of those imaginary predictions? The point of the poll is that there was not much opposition to the war when it mattered, BEFORE we went in.

There was NO lie about WMD. We've been over, and over, and over this. How dense do people have to be not to get it by now????
Yale prof confirms what all should have known: Bush did not lie about WMD.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Where do I go to look up all of those imaginary predictions? The point of the poll is that there was not much opposition to the war when it mattered, BEFORE we went in.

There was NO lie about WMD. We've been over, and over, and over this. How dense do people have to be not to get it by now????
Yale prof confirms what all should have known: Bush did not lie about WMD.
Lololololol, you are in fantasyland.

Not even GWBush will say we found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, but a Yale blah, blah.

I'd suggest you do a web search or not. I don't care.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:29 PM

50,028 posts, read 26,520,803 times
Quote:
wrong. on every point here.

Bush said we would stay "until the job was done" that's an actual quote.

we very much could have handled the issue. it might have led to multiple nations and it might have taken time. but I remind you again and again WE ARE STILL IN GERMANY AND JAPAN. and South Korea for that matter.
Germany and Japan surrendered.

We have no need to be in Korea anymore. Should've left decades ago. Japan and Europe too.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:33 PM

8,438 posts, read 12,404,598 times
So she's believes in sins of the father, or in this case the brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or