Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 04:14 PM

20,403 posts, read 12,304,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
It was a team effort. Buch invaded Iraq, which was the most colossally stupid thing Bush did on a long list of stupid things he did, and Obama pulled out, which was a stupid move because Iraq had been in a perpetual state of instability ever since Saddam had been in power.

Say what you will about Saddam, he was good leader. Iraq had been a moderate nation during his rule and he was well liked by his people, except for a minority of people who did not like him; but that minority ended up supporting or becoming ISIS. Saddam was protecting the rest of the world. His motives may have been unconventional and he refused to adopt the US dollar (which is the only reason we invaded; don't fool yourself into thinking it was a moral crusade), but he was keeping Iraq stable and the Middle East safe.

The vast majority of our military action so far in the 21 century has been nothing but foolish. I wouldn't place ALL of the blame on the two executive powers, since they do have to listen to advisors and such, but all the same, everything our military did in Iraq was bad. Since we like to think in terms of good and evil, we were the evil. We did this to the Middle East. We made the world worse than it was before.
1. one of the great things about being a person with a general awareness of history I can see words that are full of ____. here is a fact about the "stupidness" of Bushs invasion of Iraq. the VAST majority of both republicans and democrats (including Hillary) VOTE FOR THE INVASION

The difference is that the republicans, once committed recognized the need to stay long enough to get to security (PS WE ARE STILL IN GERMANY AND JAPAN).

Democrats however, upon smelling electoral victories abandoned sound policy, sought instead to abandon reality. BUSH LIED PEOPLE DIED and now we have left Iraq and idiot moron college kids think George Bush created ISIS....why? because they like democrats don't care about learning the lessons of history...democrats for political reasons idiot college kids because they are idiots being edumacated by evil prog-activist-professors.

2. Saddam was a good leader? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU HE HAD RAPE ROOMS!!!!RAPE ROOMS DUDE!!!! The "good leader" in fact would take the innocent daughters of people who spoke out against him, put them in a room with a mirror, put the poor girls parents on the other side of the window then have his men go in and rape the girl repeatedly THAT IS HIS FREAKING LEADERSHIP.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This is the 100% truth. I have written as much repeatedly.

Before the war in Iraq, there was a debate about the effects of destroying Iraq.

The opponents against invading Iraq and the supporters of the invasion made some predictions about the state of the world after we destroyed Iraq.

The opponents of the war predicted that Iraq would sink into civil war or sectarian violence and we wouldn't be able to control it. That prediction was right.

The opponents of the war predicted that Iran would gain a lot of power as a result of the invasion of Iraq. That prediction was right.

The opponents of the war predicted that you would destabilize the Middle East in particular that area of the Middle East. That prediction was right.

The opponents of the war predicted that we would draw a bunch of radical elements into Iraq, which would spawn all kinds of terrorist groups in Iraq where none existed. That prediction was right.

Those who cheered for us to destroy Iraq, conservatives were wrong about everything. I mean wrong about everything they predicted. Yet, they are still running their fat mouths about the Middle East after being disastrously wrong and Yes the invasion in Iraq did lead directly to the creation of Isil.

Yet conservatives have learned nothing after being so wrong about everything in Iraq.
No. not its not.

Iraq sank because barak left.

that's a fact and you are so very s m r t you don't even realize in your brilliance that its 1919 all over again.

geez. you should give yourself an honorary phd for being so s m r t

Old 05-14-2015, 04:18 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,042,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Means to stop the slaughter and persecution of tens of thousands for starters

And we were making progress in the battle with the insurgents post-surge (which Obama didn't support). Give me a damn break.
I know....it's always "we were making progress."

Problem is, we weren't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
wrong. the panty waisters forced the loss. period. end of story. you are wrong. history has spoken.

I have two uncles who are babyboomers and served in Vietnam. they are great men who sacrificed a lot. they were and are not the cowards their generation is so full of. Not all were idiot spoiled cowards but enough were to cause America to walk away.
You don't know what the hell went on.

We lost. Give the Vietnamese their due and stop making lame excuses.

We lost because we got our asses kicked.

The end.
Quote:
...in fact at the end of WW2. we did "stick it out.... both in Europe and Japan. kinda worked out well.

I served in Desert Storm. been there done that got the medal buddy. I ask nothing I have not proven I am willing to do myself.
Germany and Japan were defeated. Iraq wasn't a victory. In fact, I don't know what the hell it was.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:22 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,293,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This is the 100% truth. I have written as much repeatedly.

Before the war in Iraq, there was a debate about the effects of destroying Iraq.

The opponents against invading Iraq and the supporters of the invasion made some predictions about the state of the world after we destroyed Iraq.

The opponents of the war predicted that Iraq would sink into civil war or sectarian violence and we wouldn't be able to control it. That prediction was right.

The opponents of the war predicted that Iran would gain a lot of power as a result of the invasion of Iraq. That prediction was right.

The opponents of the war predicted that you would destabilize the Middle East in particular that area of the Middle East. That prediction was right.

The opponents of the war predicted that we would draw a bunch of radical elements into Iraq, which would spawn all kinds of terrorist groups in Iraq where none existed. That prediction was right.

Those who cheered for us to destroy Iraq, conservatives were wrong about everything. I mean wrong about everything they predicted. Yet, they are still running their fat mouths about the Middle East after being disastrously wrong and Yes the invasion in Iraq did lead directly to the creation of Isil.

Yet conservatives have learned nothing after being so wrong about everything in Iraq.
Link for all of these imaginary predictions? A Pew poll from March 2003 found that 72% supported going to Iraq, 23% opposed, and 5% had no opinion.
Poll Reveals Americans Supported Iraq War in 2003 Far More Than They Admit Today - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Given that a significant chunk of libertarians and conservatives opposed going, that means that only a small fraction of liberals/Democrats opposed the war when it mattered, which was BEFORE we went. Instead they supported the war going in, and then when things went sour, pulled their support as they saw an opportunity to make partisan hay against Bush and the Republicans.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:26 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,368,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Imagine if after that Truman had pulled out.
Right-wingers are now comparing Bush's idiotic, disastrous blunder in Iraq to WWII.

You can't make this stuff up.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:29 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,779,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Right-wingers are now comparing Bush's idiotic, disastrous blunder in Iraq to WWII.

Maybe it would be better to compare it to lbj's blunder in Vietnam?

Old 05-14-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

You don't know what the hell went on.

We lost. Give the Vietnamese their due and stop making lame excuses.

We lost because we got our asses kicked.

The end.

Germany and Japan were defeated. Iraq wasn't a victory. In fact, I don't know what the hell it was.
Sorry dd, I do know what went on. I know far more than most. my major in history was simply an symptom of my lifelong love of the subject.

we didn't lose because we got beat in the field. we lost because we lost the will to win. THE END.

we did in fact defeat Iraq. we made terrible mistakes in the aftermath. NONE GREATER THAN LEAVING.

History is our friend. WW1 is instructive. So is WW2.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:31 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,368,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Link for all of these imaginary predictions? A Pew poll from March 2003 found that 72% supported going to Iraq, 23% opposed, and 5% had no opinion.
Poll Reveals Americans Supported Iraq War in 2003 Far More Than They Admit Today - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Given that a significant chunk of libertarians and conservatives opposed going, that means that only a small fraction of liberals/Democrats opposed the war when it mattered, which was BEFORE we went. Instead they supported the war going in, and then when things went sour, pulled their support as they saw an opportunity to make partisan hay against Bush and the Republicans.
Right-wingers desperately want to erase Bush from existence, but it's not going to happen. He spent months selling the Iraq invasion to Congress and the American people but... it's everyone else's fault for the predictably disastrous results.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

see liberals evidently cant read.

Im the right winger. I compared Hussain Obama's (see how I did that) pulling out of Iraq to what happened AFTER WW1.

in addition to liberalism having a body count, it evidently prevents reading for comprehension .

have a nice day.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:32 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,273,459 times
Quote:
No. not its not.

Iraq sank because barak left.

that's a fact and you are so very s m r t you don't even realize in your brilliance that its 1919 all over again.

geez. you should give yourself an honorary phd for being so s m r t
No Iraq sank because we couldn't stop the sectarian violence from when we first invaded Iraq.

The conservative solution was to just stay in Iraq forever.

This was untenable and stupid thinking just like the initial decision to invade Iraq.

GWBush had every incentive to get us out of Iraq.

Remember they said we'd be out of there in a few months. Yet it dragged on for years. Why?

It's because we couldn't stop the sectarian violence, we couldn't control all the radicals who were drawn to Iraq, which spawned ISIL.

Again, history will show that the people who cheered us into the Iraq war were wrong about everything.

And the opponents of the war were right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies