Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 01:59 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
Because it's not a realistic number, unless you want to use Mexican Peso where $1 = 15 Mexican Peso.
Which isn't realistic? $15 - $20 or the $1000? The economic "theory" behind it should be exactly the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 02:09 PM

493 posts, read 385,575 times
Why is this thread not locked yet?!

Old 05-15-2015, 02:14 PM

998 posts, read 664,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Once again, MW was never meant to be a living wage.
I agree with you. It wasn't meant to be a living wage, but that was when we had semi-sane leaders in this country. This is now Barry who's-not-sane Obama's America. He said himself that families working minimum wage are struggling to get by... and something needs to be done about it. The man actually DOES expect workers to live on this wage... hey libs, how's all that HOPE and CHANGE going for you now? Because honestly, it doesn't seem to be going so well.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:17 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
  • Some say $15/hour should be minimum paid to anyone working in USA.
  • Others say $20/hour is even better.
  • Government mandated minimum wage according to this theory, makes society better.
  • Then why not increase it a lot more... say to $1000/hour and make it a paradise for everyone? Everyone can live like a CEO, sports star, or even live like a national politician.
One the other hand, If $1000/hour mandated minimum wage sounds like nonsense, then why is $15/$25/etc not nonsense?

I say your post is full of crap.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I say your post is full of crap.
Brilliant rebuttal. I see you'll be going places here.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:20 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Once again, MW was never meant to be a living wage.
You can keep stating that over and over, or you can deal with reality where we subsidize it so that companies can make more profit. Pick.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
I agree with you. It wasn't meant to be a living wage, but that was when we had semi-sane leaders in this country. This is now Barry who's-not-sane Obama's America. He said himself that families working minimum wage are struggling to get by... and something needs to be done about it. The man actually DOES expect workers to live on this wage... hey libs, how's all that HOPE and CHANGE going for you now? Because honestly, it doesn't seem to be going so well.
Yes because this is 100% the responsibility of the president. Unlike the common phrases claiming he is a king, or that he is a dictator, thats not the reality. You know that right?

Old 05-15-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yes because this is 100% the responsibility of the president. Unlike the common phrases claiming he is a king, or that he is a dictator, thats not the reality. You know that right?
Do you like what I did there? Barry who's-not-sane Obama sounds like Barack Hussein Obama. Eh eh?

Old 05-15-2015, 02:25 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
I agree with you. It wasn't meant to be a living wage, but that was when we had semi-sane leaders in this country. This is now Barry Obama's America. He said himself that families working minimum wage are struggling to get by... and something needs to be done about it. The man actually DOES expect workers to live on this wage... hey libs, how's all that HOPE and CHANGE going for you now? Because honestly, it doesn't seem to be going so well.

Half of all low-income renters spend at least half their income for shelter, according to Mortgage News Daily.

This is not sustainable, as these people tend to live paycheck to paycheck, with NO emergency fund, and this are often one emergency from homelessness and financial disaster.

So yes, something does need to be done about it. There are TWO ways to approach this: Raise the minimum wage, or reduce the cost of housing.

Some people have suggested a sub-minimum wage for teens. Instead, I propose a subminimum housing standard for low-wage workers.

How can conservatives reject less government and more property rights?

Old 05-15-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Do you like what I did there? Barry who's-not-sane Obama sounds like Barack Hussein Obama. Eh eh?
Brilliant rebuttal. I see you'll be going places here.

(like that?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies