U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 06:19 PM

32,462 posts, read 26,332,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORION83 View Post
You want to learn how this REALLY happens? You were right mostly. The part you are wrong on is their is NO negotiation over wage. Either you ask what wage is ( I do or find out before even applying) or they TELL YOU what the wage is. When you have a family or bills or rent or gas or repairs etc etc there is always something that needs paid for you can't be choosy about the damn job. You take it and try and make it or you don't take it don't bring in ANY money. That's reality. Like I said must be nice to be naive. That ANYONE thinks you get to negotiate your wage is proof they don't live in the real world OR they are lying.
have you tried to negotiate? i suspect not since most people dont. but it never hurts to ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 07:46 PM

23,231 posts, read 12,770,769 times
The OP wants hard work to be rewarded with a decent wage, and I agree. People who work hard should be rewarded. Can we compare a doctor who works hard and a guy who flips burgers who works hard? And what is a decent wage?

Old 05-16-2015, 11:07 PM

364 posts, read 228,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
The OP wants hard work to be rewarded with a decent wage, and I agree. People who work hard should be rewarded. Can we compare a doctor who works hard and a guy who flips burgers who works hard? And what is a decent wage?
A wage that doesn't require ANYONE to ask for a handout from charity etc for help with Rent...imagine if we made employers pay a legit wage and made sure they didn't try to cut hours or fire people or move overseas how many MILLIONS if not BILLIONS we could save via welfare? Who would need it other than maybe the retired or disabled.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:30 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,254,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So are you too lazy? Not smart enough? Not willing to put in the hours? Want a life outside of your business?

If so...just why should the few people that are smart, hard working and dedicated enough be willing to pay you a wage that is far beyond what you will ever produce? Capitalist provide the ideas, tools and materials to allow people that are less capable to produce far more than they ever could on their own. And pay them far more than they would ever make based on their own ambition, ability and efforts.

IIRC Jack London wrote a story about a dog once. I read it in 3rd grade.
It's because like most Leftists he'd rather whine, complain and blame rather than actually doing something about his situation.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
It's because like most Leftists he'd rather whine, complain and blame rather than actually doing something about his situation.
Not a leftist you capitalist swine. You know nothing about me oh and London was FAR from being a leftist or lazy etc etc....just more fox news garbage you repeat as real thoughts...

Old 05-17-2015, 09:39 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,139,212 times
Quote:
Any person putting in a days work deserves a legit and fair share of pay that fair share is enough to pay bills and rent.
Wrong. What you have are natural law rights that you're endowed with by your Creator.

If you don't like what an employer remunerates you with, either go find another employer or do business yourself and peacefully collaborate with others, adjusting your expectations accordingly.

You can tell your employer what constitutes the rent on the square footage you seek or to demand your employer pay you more because you'd prefer fewer housemates until you're blue in the face--but you don't get to dragoon unwilling neighbors into your camp legislatively to support your wants.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:26 AM

27,554 posts, read 17,643,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Wrong. What you have are natural law rights that you're endowed with by your Creator.

If you don't like what an employer remunerates you with, either go find another employer or do business yourself and peacefully collaborate with others, adjusting your expectations accordingly.
Too much effort-it's easier and more fun to whine and play the victim card.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post

You can tell your employer what constitutes the rent on the square footage you seek or to demand your employer pay you more because you'd prefer fewer housemates until you're blue in the face--but you don't get to dragoon unwilling neighbors into your camp legislatively to support your wants.
Your opinion which if you haven't noticed is on the losing side of this issue. The new age of the robber barons is coming to an end.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:49 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,254,273 times
Quote:
Not a leftist you capitalist swine. You know nothing about me oh and London was FAR from being a leftist or lazy etc etc....just more fox news garbage you repeat as real thoughts...
Golly, it's been so long since I was called a capitalist swine. I'm, I'm just thrilled to the core. Thank you so much because it brings back such good memories.

Do you think you could manage white, capitalist pig or corporate swine, something like that? I'd really appreciate it.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:23 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,139,212 times
Quote:
Your opinion which if you haven't noticed is on the losing side of this issue. The new age of the robber barons is coming to an end.
Then I'll simply get by by not hiring you, and I'll use machines to replace your role to the extent that I am able.

I don't need a high-priced, elaborately presented, heavily insured employee that arrives on the shelf packaged with its own storybook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or