Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 08:13 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
President Bush did what was necessary. BO will never get the job done. He is the one creating the mess and is so arrogant and narcissistic he doesn't even recognize his ignorance.
I dont know if its fair to claim Obama made the mess, but for the longest time he tolerated it and hid it for the purpose of political gain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 08:22 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
It is good to see the Army get one. The Navy Seals have been taking all the glory. If this guy was as important as this raid suggests, they may have computers pointing to where all the ISIS cash is coming from. This could get embarrassing for the Saudis.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:29 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is good to see the Army get one. The Navy Seals have been taking all the glory. If this guy was as important as this raid suggests, they may have computers pointing to where all the ISIS cash is coming from. This could get embarrassing for the Saudis.
Green Beret or Rangers lead the way make these sob's pay!

Old 05-16-2015, 09:00 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
My son served in my stead in Iraq sonny but I would if I could...
So did mine, and I served before him, and my father served before me. You have a point to make, Sonny?

Old 05-16-2015, 09:02 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
President Bush did what was necessary. BO will never get the job done. He is the one creating the mess and is so arrogant and narcissistic he doesn't even recognize his ignorance.
Wow, speaking of an example of ignorance

Old 05-16-2015, 09:30 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
I am surprised they took a prisoner. Usually Obama doesn't take prisoners.

Good raid. It puts fear in the hearts of the enemey knowing they are not safe even in their best defended strongholds.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:31 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Imagine if they can link all of that cash, to groups making donations to say, the Clinton Foundation..

Old 05-16-2015, 09:35 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Some how the left doesn't like strong generals.......notice how they tend to retire or go away when a Democrat is in charge.
Show me the numbers. I keep hearing this chanted, but show me the numbers. There are nearly three times more generals now than there were in 1945. There are enough admirals to put one on nearly every Naval vessel (bigger than a "small boy"). The Air Force has put a general on nearly every base, replacing what had been a colonel's position.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:43 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
The Democrats voted and rushed to war in Iraq after 9/11 but not to fund it ...It's Bush's fault became their slogan like "Kilroy was here"! with the GI's in WW2.
If you want to defeat ISIS let the generals do it not politicians ...
What makes you think the generals are in favor of an invasion?

Generals know this: Operations wins battles, logistics wins wars.

The US could not have won WWII in Europe without having northern Africa and especially England as secure logistical locations. The Normandy invasion could not have been conducted even from North Africa.

Look at a map. Is there a secure logistical location like England for US forces adjacent northern Iraq? Remember, that if the US invades northern Iraq to do what it really takes, every Muslim nation surrounding Iraq will become hostile.

Most people don't understand how expensive it is to carry out logistics from an unsecure logistical base, and it can't be done forever.

But the generals do, and I suspect no active duty general is counseling another Iraq invasion.

In fact, the generals were opposed to the first Iraq invasion, to the extent that the Army CoS openly disputed the SecDef and got himself openly fired...and every general of the "Class of Vietnam" had to resign before the war could happen.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:43 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Some how the left doesn't like strong generals.......notice how they tend to retire or go away when a Democrat is in charge.
If you looked at the numbers, you'd learn the opposite is true. "Start Creep" is a term used to describe the current situation where we have an ourageous number of generals and admirals in relation to number of troops/ships. Someone needs to address that problem, and I don't care if that someone is an "R" or "D".

Not that is has anything to do with the topic, but I thought it was necesssary to point ouf the obvious fact that you have been lied to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies