Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you applaud the decision ?
YES. Boys should be able to dress as girls and join. 10 12.99%
NO. Girls are girls, not boys who want to be girls. 67 87.01%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 11:11 AM

934 posts, read 595,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
No. A boy dressed as a girl is still a boy. If he is going through the process it is another story.
To quote an intellectual

"Thats a man baby"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 11:25 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
I would hope any Girl Scout wasn't pregnant.

DP Vintage Posters - Be Prepared Pregnant Girl Scout Original Protest Poster

Old 05-17-2015, 11:28 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Im not a Christian and I also have no issues with gay people at all. I have no horse in this race so to speak, but I can see both sides of the argument. What I have a huge problem with is a very small minority forcing their beliefs on others who don't agree with their way of thinking. No one has a right to tell anyone what they should believe and be tolerant of. People have the freedom to believe as they choose. The LBGT community is bullying people into accepting their way of thinking, they are no better than right wing Christians who force their beliefs on others. Its shameful.
This. The extremists on both sides are out of control.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:33 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
How about we let the girl scouts make own their decisions ? You don't like it, do not join it.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:50 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
...........or support it.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:49 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Girl Scouts | FAQs | Social Issues

Q: What is Girl Scouts' position on serving transgender youth?

A: Girl Scouts is proud to be the premiere leadership organization for girls in the country. Placement of transgender youth is handled on a case-by-case basis, with the welfare and best interests of the child and the members of the troop/group in question a top priority. That said, if the child is recognized by the family and school/community as a girl and lives culturally as a girl, then Girl Scouts is an organization that can serve her in a setting that is both emotionally and physically safe.

Q: How does Girl Scouts' position on serving transgender youth apply to situations involving camping or volunteers?

A: These situations are rare and are considered individually with the best interests of all families in mind. Should any girl requiring special accommodations wish to camp, GSUSA recommends that the local council makes similar accommodation that schools across the country follow in regard to changing, sleeping arrangements, and other travel-related activities. With respect to volunteers, Girl Scouts welcomes both male and female adult volunteers and has developed appropriate safeguards regarding roles and responsibilities to ensure that girls receive the proper supervision and support.

When little transgender Suzie gets a raging hard-on that those frilly pink panties won`t contain, will "she" still be considered a girl?

Old 05-17-2015, 02:05 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
They'll just read them the book, "Suzie has two sexes".

Old 05-17-2015, 03:12 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Im not a Christian and I also have no issues with gay people at all. I have no horse in this race so to speak, but I can see both sides of the argument. What I have a huge problem with is a very small minority forcing their beliefs on others who don't agree with their way of thinking. No one has a right to tell anyone what they should believe and be tolerant of. People have the freedom to believe as they choose. The LBGT community is bullying people into accepting their way of thinking, they are no better than right wing Christians who force their beliefs on others. Its shameful.
How is the LBGT forcing their "beliefs" on anyone? Is the heterosexual community forcing their beliefs on to people? Actually, the latter is a lot more the case than the former. The LBGT community is not looking to force people to be LBGT, they just want to not have to hide their existence and have it be acknowledged as openly as heteronormative, heterosexuals do.

And btw, when did you decide to "believe" you were straight?

Old 05-17-2015, 05:00 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
No. A boy dressed as a girl is still a boy. If he is going through the process it is another story.

One cannot change one's sex.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:07 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
UMMMM, no!

Why on earth would I want a little girl of mine, being around such strangeness???? There is enough insanity in the world!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies