Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 05:53 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I think it is obvious that there is an an agenda in public schools and the media to teach kids (and adults, too) to accept those who are different from the majority, no matter what they may be taught elsewhere (for example, by any church they might attend and/or by parents and relatives).

Although tolerance is a good thing in most cases, I do think it is wrong when acceptance crosses the line into propaganda; and I think it is very wrong to force the fact of homosexuality onto young children who have not even come to terms with any kind of sexuality yet, except the very basic sort of the "I'm a girl because I have a vagina and he's a boy because he has a penis" knowledge. (Although, of course, we are all becoming educated to know that, to many, having a penis or a vagina is not necessarily the defining criteria as to whether one identifies as being male or female!)
Is it possible that children in the classroom had been presented with a situation that raised questions about same-sex relationships? For example, perhaps one of the students has two mothers or two fathers. I think it is appropriate for educators to use such situations as teaching moments. Real-life comes crashing through the school doors every single day. It is not in the students' best interest for teachers to ignore it and hope it goes away. Better to face it head on rather than let it continue to disrupt the classroom environment.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:55 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORION83 View Post
Any books that promote cultural marxism,cultural decay,degenerate lifestyles and lifestyles we do not believe in nor agree with will NOT be tolerated in this house until they are old enough to understand them as research into the enemies thinking. I have read books on capitalism and communism even though I am neither...but I was old enough to not believe the crap.They aren't. Making a child that young read a book about a sensitive topic is trying to get that child to think and believe a certain way.

Its not censor its guarding them for age and culturally appropriate material.
Well, obviously elementary schools shouldn't be reading The Communist Manifesto. Kid won't even know what they're reading.

I wouldn't call it 'the enemy' though. Communism, in and of itself, is not an enemy. Speaking as someone who has read The Communist Manifesto, I can tell you that nothing in it is really "bad." Obviously, all Communist nations basically involved a political group that made a promise of prosperity and equality to gain popular support then just become an authoritarian dictatorship that was far more cruel that whatever regime they were replacing, but if you've studies the difference between Marxism and Leninism, you'd understand why The Communist Manifesto shouldn't be read as 'enemy logic.' It's a differing socio-economic theory from the traditional American one. Outside ideas should not be viewed as dangerous. No intelligent society has every thought in this way and if you taking anything from this thread, I hope it's that.

As for homosexuality... give me a reason why you think it is harmful to society, why a man attracted to a man is dangerous to you or anyone else in some way.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies