Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 09:44 AM

364 posts, read 277,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
I guess they dont want their kids to lnow that gay people exist. From.what I heard there is nothing graphix in the book. So to call this book propaganda is.like saying a.book about dolphins is animal propaganda

More Christian right stupidity. These guys sound just thr crazyt Muslims
My kids know homosexual exist. Because I and my WIFE told them..ya know those crazy things called PARENTS. It was OUR choice not some militant homosexuals propaganda power trip choice without permission from even the school.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:46 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,914 times
Let's make it clear: not all parents were protesting, just the small minded ninnies.

Parents protest gay fairy tale read to Efland third-graders :: WRAL.com

Old 05-17-2015, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This is progressive education. Various schools will push their agenda whether it be pro gay or pro abstinence.
And sometimes they get caught and it hits the MSM.

Controversial social issues should NOT be taught to elementary school kids.
That is nothing more than the adults in the school pushing their social/political beliefs on young children.

Private/charter is the way to go if you want your kids to have an academic education.
Yep. Both of mine are in charter....seems like the entire county switched to it. Its why the one school teaches Chinese and Spanish and one is great with certain kinds of students etc etc....we enjoy them...

Old 05-17-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Let's make it clear: not all parents were protesting, just the small minded ninnies.

Parents protest gay fairy tale read to Efland third-graders :: WRAL.com
Its not YOUR right to force small children to read or be read/shown propaganda based on YOUR beliefs. Its pretty simple. Its also why despite what the crybaby teacher says he is quitting/getting fired.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:57 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Based on some of the stories coming out, I'm starting to think that there isn't a teacher or administrator left in the industry with a brain.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:01 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So the sin of homoseuxality is just about the worst sin there can possibly exist in the world, rivaling or exceeding adultery, murder, child molesting and rape? After all, the sex acts homosexuals commit are so incredibly gross and disgusting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So it's much more right and moral for children to go to Sunday school and read something like this obscene verse in the Bible:

"Yet, she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." Ezekiel 23:19-20

For comparison purposes, maybe someone could quote a passage from that homosexual book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Colors? Foods? Shapes? How stupid do you think third graders are? I had learned that crap in preschool. Third grade is a bit heavier than that.

Also, that's what you think Green Eggs and Ham is about? HAHAHAHAHAHA

I say again, schools teach a lot of things. You won't agree with some. I stand with schools who want to teach free thinking, evolution, science, and a variety of views, including those that differ from my own. I'd encourage schools to read religious texts as literature, and if students want to choose to prefer that over the views that have evidence, they have that right. Schools should be a place of learning, not just following rules.

It's impossible to prove a negative. The burden of proof for existence of these things falls on those asserting that they do exist, as is the case with all assertions. Charles Darwin asserted that evolution is true; the burden of proof falls on him. The reactionary groups asserted the Darwin was wrong.... the burden of proof still falls on Darwin.

So, in the case of God, we can disprove things about God. For example, the book of Genesis. We know the age of the Earth, we understand how planets are formed (and know that it would have taken a lot longer than 6 days), we understand evolution and the mountains of evidence it has, and we've looked and found absolutely no evidence for a world wide flood. Genesis has been effectively proven wrong, not because we said 'its wrong and here's why' but because we checked what happened. Those things weren't found so Genesis could be proved wrong, but rather so we knew how the Earth was formed. The assertion is that the earth was formed 4 billions years ago through the process of accretion. We've found evidence to back this up. So the claim that it was made in 6 days has no evidence and the claim that it was formed through natural processes billions of years ago does. Thus, the scientific community accepts one as true, and the other as mythology. If those who believe the myth wish to prove their myth is true, they must provide evidence, and enough of it to discredit the already existing evidence.
Quote:
I guess they dont want their kids to lnow that gay people exist. From.what I heard there is nothing graphix in the book. So to call this book propaganda is.like saying a.book about dolphins is animal propaganda

More Christian right stupidity. These guys sound just thr crazyt Muslims
You all can try to deflect and come up with any red herring or strawman that you want, the fact remains, at NO TIME were any parents informed that this book was going to be read.

All your, "so, it's okay to....blah, blah, blah" does not negate the actual facts here, whether you like it or not, no matter how much you try to deflect.

Not informing parents of this book is NOT okay, and it is NOT the obligation of the school to take it upon themselves to teach kids about homosexuality, whether you like it or not, no matter how loud you protest and wail about it.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:08 AM

934 posts, read 595,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORION83 View Post
My kids know homosexual exist. Because I and my WIFE told them..ya know those crazy things called PARENTS. It was OUR choice not some militant homosexuals propaganda power trip choice without permission from even the school.
Teaching kids that gay people exist is not propaganda. If your kids already know they exist.then thia book didnt teach them anything new except that bullying is mot right

Old 05-17-2015, 10:09 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Teaching kids that gay people exist is not propaganda. If your kids already know they exist.then thia book didnt teach them anything new except that bullying is mot right
Again, that decision is not for the school to decide.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:10 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,999,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
But heterosexual propaganda is OK?

Old 05-17-2015, 10:16 AM

934 posts, read 595,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Again, that decision is not for the school to decide.
Why not? If all they are going to teach is that gay people exist amd you shouldnt bully them than i say fine

Should schools ask permission to teach about dinosaurs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies