Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 01:38 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
"conflicting" would be in the mind of the beholder.

Oh I can tell the difference. The mere presence of the Bible in public school sends people running scared these days.

Oh, THAT's the difference between religion and homosexuality? I guess a better question is why I expect more from a Texan.

You still didn't answer the questions as to how merely mentioning homosexuality constitutes pushing an agenda.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Oh, THAT's the difference between religion and homosexuality? I guess a better question is why I expect more from a Texan.
Both are social issues, controversial social issues into today's society.

Each side wants to push "their agenda" on kids in school.
To hell with academics..social issues are more important.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:40 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So the sin of homoseuxality is just about the worst sin there can possibly exist in the world, rivaling or exceeding adultery, murder, child molesting and rape? After all, the sex acts homosexuals commit are so incredibly gross and disgusting.
The difference being , I have not seen or heard of any of those you mentioned trying to push their agenda of normalizing on society . Havent seen any organized effort by rapist or child molesters fighting for equal rights. Adulter's fighting to be accepted as just another loving relationship.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:42 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubber22 View Post
I find it curious how christianity and islam share the same beliefs in regards to homosexuality. You know, the hatred and the fact that both groups wouldnt mind if one day homosexuals just vanished from the planet.
Come to think of it , i believe that there are more parallels with the two forms of myths.
This comment makes me think a little religious history in public schools might not be such a bad idea.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubber22 View Post
That will not be allowed.

sorry to bust your bubble.

your religion teaches hate, and that wont be tolerated.
My religion? Hate to break it to you, but I'm aetheist. That said, I worry that there are so many people out there who cannot connect the dots between world faiths. A little comparative religion in conjunction with world history could go a long way toward mitigating ignorance.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:54 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
That's an opinion. Thankfully, there are still a couple of billion people in the world who disagree.

My brother used to think like you. He's a PHD in Physics. These days, they are finding more and more evidence that God does in fact exist. If you choose to believe that or not...your decision.

But my brother is once again a devout Catholic because of what he has learned from science.
I believe in god, but that line is BS

Old 05-17-2015, 01:56 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
It's obvious most people have their own strong feelings surround LGBT..However, I was under the assumption the educations was suppose to EDUCATE..meaning preparing students for the "World" at large..How would it be possible to shield students from how society has evolved in acceptance of alternatives that are really out there? These folk could be next door neighbour ...or your child..or your husband..or your closest friend!

No point really to hide since these kids live beyond the schoolroom boundaries everyday...may even have a parent who is LGBT or an uncle or any other family member...So how does not EDUCATING help exactly??

Old 05-17-2015, 02:00 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
You still didn't answer the questions as to how merely mentioning homosexuality constitutes pushing an agenda.
They're not going to answer the question. The answer contradicts their views, and they know it, so they'll just do what they've been doing the entire thread. Changing the subject to something else.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:06 PM

If bullying really is at the center of this controversy, let me point out that teachers have been dealing issues of classroom bullying since...well...forever. It's never been just about the readin', writin', and 'rithmetic. A significant part of early education is about helping children to develop social skills.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:11 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So it's much more right and moral for children to go to Sunday school and read something like this obscene verse in the Bible:

"Yet, she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." Ezekiel 23:19-20

For comparison purposes, maybe someone could quote a passage from that homosexual book.

How about we compare things that really did happen with things that really did happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies