U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2015, 05:38 PM

10,026 posts, read 9,245,050 times

Advertisements

BTW I have been poor where I had to watch my money and budget wisely. I wasn't receiving welfare but with my small amount of money I could only buy essentials. I would see people on welfare buying soda cookies etc that I couldn't afford. Why could they buy things I couldn't with money I paid? I don't smoke but I couldn't afford cigarettes yet they could. Yet some are making excuses for the moochers who do this. The truly needy aren't buying ho hos or soda or lobsters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 05:42 PM

127 posts, read 184,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I have read them. In fact, it's the first thing I did when I happened upon this thread, and I'd really like to meet the person who can make heads or tails of the embarrassing boilerplate in section two of the Wisconsin bill.

To wit...

Or not? Huh? How is anyone supposed to make sense of this?
LOL!

If by some chance someone forgets to put meat and veggies on "the list" ~insert eye roll here~ it is a given they can be bought with the benefit.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:08 PM

17,086 posts, read 9,879,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoilers4me View Post
LOL!

If by some chance someone forgets to put meat and veggies on "the list" ~insert eye roll here~ it is a given they can be bought with the benefit.
If that's the intent, it's been obscured by obfuscatory language.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:11 PM

1,309 posts, read 904,083 times
I don't understand the conservative obsession with what other people eat. They claim to support small government but demand intrusive expensive drug tests for anyone poor. You never see any so called fiscally responsible Tea Partiers calling for much needed defense cuts.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:23 PM

22,764 posts, read 16,845,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Still waiting for one Con to explain why a person cannot buy the basic foods listed on their listing of prohibited foods. Me thinks not one of you has any defense for it so you talk about someone you supposedly saw buying a slushy with their card, jeez who cares. Just so ya know this Will come back to haunt Walker, if his own fellow Republican candidates do not use it against him (they will) the Dems will, you people are your own worst enemy and are too stupid to actually realize it.
It's not "supposedly". I wrote about it before. You libs can cry and deny all you want, live in your make believe la la land, pretending everyone uses hand outs responsibly, the fact of the matter is, that incident DID happen, and there are PLENTY of other incidents that have happened.

You all talk about "being nosy", when I was in college, I had a job where it was MY JOB to be fricken nosy what other shoppers were doing. I was undercover store security, and I worked in grocery stores in the Seattle area.

The fact that some of you are so blind, so obtuse, so IGNORANT to the fact that people on food stamps have LONG abused the crap out of those food stamps is disgusting.

Those people ate better than I did, a vet, and a college student who was working.

They had nice clothes.
They had nice cars.
Their carts were loaded, and I mean LOADED. In those carts were things like steak, Capn' Crunch cereal, Doritos....oh yes, I know, they "deserve" a bag of fricken Doritos, don't they? BS. They can have those when they buy them with their own damn money.

Yes, ignorant liberals, it was my job to actually watch people in the store, and wtf they put in to their carts, and what they jammed down their pants. (And you would be surprised just how many people steal and WHAT they steal, but that's a whole other thread). And you had to watch them until they passed beyond the check out whether that was around it, or through it. Couldn't detain them until that point. So I've stood in many a line in the grocery store, watching EXACTLY what people are doing, not because I had nothing better to do, but because I was paid to do it.

Face it: You THINK you're doing good, "helping people", what you are actually doing is enabling people to abuse the system, your money, and your good intentions.

And the really sad part is, no matter how many times you are told that people abuse the system, you all like to sit there and pretend that everyone is lying.

I'm beginning to understand why the media doesn't tell the American public everything: You all can't handle it. You can't handle reality.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:27 PM

14,188 posts, read 6,438,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It's not "supposedly". I wrote about it before. You libs can cry and deny all you want, live in your make believe la la land, pretending everyone uses hand outs responsibly, the fact of the matter is, that incident DID happen, and there are PLENTY of other incidents that have happened.

You all talk about "being nosy", when I was in college, I had a job where it was MY JOB to be fricken nosy what other shoppers were doing. I was undercover store security, and I worked in grocery stores in the Seattle area.

The fact that some of you are so blind, so obtuse, so IGNORANT to the fact that people on food stamps have LONG abused the crap out of those food stamps is disgusting.

Those people ate better than I did, a vet, and a college student who was working.

They had nice clothes.
They had nice cars.
Their carts were loaded, and I mean LOADED. In those carts were things like steak, Capn' Crunch cereal, Doritos....oh yes, I know, they "deserve" a bag of fricken Doritos, don't they? BS. They can have those when they buy them with their own damn money.

Yes, ignorant liberals, it was my job to actually watch people in the store, and wtf they put in to their carts, and what they jammed down their pants. (And you would be surprised just how many people steal and WHAT they steal, but that's a whole other thread). And you had to watch them until they passed beyond the check out whether that was around it, or through it. Couldn't detain them until that point. So I've stood in many a line in the grocery store, watching EXACTLY what people are doing, not because I had nothing better to do, but because I was paid to do it.

Face it: You THINK you're doing good, "helping people", what you are actually doing is enabling people to abuse the system, your money, and your good intentions.

And the really sad part is, no matter how many times you are told that people abuse the system, you all like to sit there and pretend that everyone is lying.

I'm beginning to understand why the media doesn't tell the American public everything: You all can't handle it. You can't handle reality.
Yeah yeah yeah, sure this happened. All the time. Every foodstamper. Lol, these tall tales crack me up, straight out of the con playbook, word for word.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:29 PM

10,026 posts, read 9,245,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

They had nice clothes.
They had nice cars.

Yep. My former best friend was a welfare scammer and she was busted for shoplifted many times. So was someone else I knew on welfare.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:29 PM

17,086 posts, read 9,879,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
I don't understand the conservative obsession with what other people eat. They claim to support small government but demand intrusive expensive drug tests for anyone poor. You never see any so called fiscally responsible Tea Partiers calling for much needed defense cuts.
I don't have a problem with some limitations on what can be bought with SNAP, but I'd like to understand the rationale behind prohibiting options that allow recipients to feed their families healthfully and efficiently with those benefits. It makes absolutely no sense to disallow the purchase of bulk dried beans, nuts, and grains. Neither does it make sense to prohibit organic foods, which are routinely available at the same price or even at a savings over conventionally-grown produce at my local markets. For that reason, I can only assume the rationale relates to how limiting those options benefits the food producers over the consumers.

Last edited by randomparent; 05-17-2015 at 07:14 PM..

Old 05-17-2015, 06:56 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,668,383 times
Michelle Obama's school lunch program should dictate what you can buy with SNAP cards.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:58 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,321,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yeah yeah yeah, sure this happened. All the time. Every foodstamper. Lol, these tall tales crack me up, straight out of the con playbook, word for word.
Please tell me you're not as ignorant as your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or