U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2015, 12:31 PM

511 posts, read 385,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Not all are doing as you sarcastically claim but if you've ever paid attention while standing in line at the store you would be amazed at what you may see.
How in the world can you even see who is using snap? They swipe a plastic card just as we do
Actual food STAMPS have been out for many years.
This I've always wondered....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Using my money to pay for stuff I will snoop away.
yeah, snoop away at YOUR OWN stuff...

Old 05-18-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I've seen both. I've seen people on SNAP buying food like hot dogs, bread etc. However I've seen those buying junk food, steak etc. I've also noticed a difference in the people, like a couple with say1-2 kids buying sensibly. The single mom with several young kids is usually buying junk or expensive items. She's probably the welfare leech whereas the couple either works or fell on hard times. It also varies in area because where I lived we had lots of moochers but here those receiving help tend to be disabled or recently lost a job.
Almost all welfare recipients work so there is just no time when there are that many kids involved, to plan healthy meals

Old 05-18-2015, 12:46 PM

19,634 posts, read 12,449,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Not all are doing as you sarcastically claim but if you've ever paid attention while standing in line at the store you would be amazed at what you may see.

Unless someone is carrying a gun and wearing a ski mask, or openly abusing their spouse or kids, I pretty much mind my own bidness.

Some folks have waaaay too much time on their hands.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:57 PM

31,094 posts, read 13,614,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
Almost all welfare recipients work so there is just no time when there are that many kids involved, to plan healthy meals
exactly, not to mention welfare recipients who don't even have the luxury of a kitchen but have to prepare meals with a microwave and keep groceries in a mini-fridge; many of them live in weekly or monthly motels where hot plates are prohibited.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I wonder how someone who is standing in line would even recognize a SNAP card - unless they themselves have recently had one.
BINGO

Old 05-18-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Come stop me. You can't. I can and will make my own bio diesel and use it on the roads. And nothing you can do about it.

As for freeloaders, I will see what they buy if I am there, kind of hard to miss the chips, pretzels, cookies and beer that EBT card buys when I am behind the ton of lard buying it at the store.
You cannot buy beer with an EBT card.

You are a Troll

Old 05-18-2015, 01:32 PM

22,544 posts, read 11,607,337 times
The kid, who lost his job, his fiancée and two kids are now living with me. The other day we had red snapper Tampico and tres leches cake. SNAP is a good program.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:35 PM

12,289 posts, read 7,966,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
How in the world can you even see who is using snap? They swipe a plastic card just as we do
Actual food STAMPS have been out for many years.
This I've always wondered....
The easiest way to tell is when a person has two transactions at the store, one for snap and another for non approved snap items.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:48 PM

31,094 posts, read 13,614,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The kid, who lost his job, his fiancée and two kids are now living with me. The other day we had red snapper Tampico and tres leches cake. SNAP is a good program.
Could that be because they are living with you and don't have to provide all of their own meals? Maybe 'the kid' should report his change in living conditions to SNAP so that they can adjust his benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or