Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 12:45 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times

Advertisements

I wonder how someone who is standing in line would even recognize a SNAP card - unless they themselves have recently had one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 12:46 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
At a convenience store. I was standing in line waiting my turn when a lady with a small child pushed to the front and asked if she could put a Slushee on her EBT card.

Worse than that, the store said yes.

So you can "my ass" elsewhere, it happens.
Yea, those EBT abusers are so pushy, pushing people out of the way so they can buy their Slushies.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:48 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
"In Maine and Wisconsin, lawmakers are pushing legislation to restrict SNAP benefits to foods deemed healthy. The Wisconsin State Assembly approved legislation this week to ban junk food and also "crab, lobster, shrimp, or any other shellfish." The bill's sponsor cited "anecdotal and perceived abuses."

^^^ are part of the problem. They really should be offering instruction on cookery because
all the shellfish listed can be served economically if one knows what they are doing.

Not to mention the health benefits of mollusks which are the most nutrient-dense of all seafoods.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:49 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
you did life the kind of person that I would punch and call the police on for attempting to steal the information on my debit card. And unless you single handedly fund the entire country I seriously doubt that pathetic amount of money the irs takes from you is going anywhere. Make sure you keep us briefed when you can locate where all "your" money goes. Until then keep off of my roads you freeloader!

first off lobster is not as expensive as it once was. Secondly you must be very proud of yourself to get a few in food stamps kicked off, did you have actual proof they were scanning the system?

if I were the "jerk" you pointed to I would break your finger and then make you pay for my dinner. You come off sounding like a low life small minded, greedy lil brat. Let's just got for your sake you don't get you dream of gutting welfare when the time comes and you need some help. People like you are pathetic
Thats right...keep the minorities on welfare and foodstamps...dont EVER give them an incentive to become self sufficient...keep them on that DNC plantation and they will always vote for the candidate that promises more dependence. People like you are pathetic.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:50 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaofan View Post
They are not prohibited from buying any of that. They can buy whatever they want with their own money. The restrictions affect what they can use the taxpayers' money to buy.
Fair enough, but some of those items are really weird, e.g., sharp cheddar cheese and mozzarella. Huh? A SNAP recipient is free to purchase a block of Parmeggiano-Reggiano at $17/lb. using the benefit but can't buy mozzarella to make a home-made pizza? That is nonsensical.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:52 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Using my money to pay for stuff I will snoop away.
The Government is using your money to pay for stuff; you're snooping in the wrong place.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:54 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
One may take you more seriously if you actually used proper words spelled correctly to make your point instead of 2 year old gibberish.

Some of those "freeloaders" have no choice at the moment because of job loss, disability, caring for a family member at the time and any other number of reasons.

Be sure not to forget this attitude when you find yourself needing a bit of extra help for a while.

Also, how can the guy behind you be a jerk when he is paying for your groceries?
Pretty ungrateful I would say.
What the hell are you whining about?

Quote:
have no choice at the moment
What if that "moment" is now 7-8 years? You must believe in the handout, not the hand up. Oh, and please continue to criticize me for my spelling and grammer..it amuses me.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:56 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORION83 View Post
Food.

Food. An important part of a complete breakfast.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:56 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I think no one of any intelligence ever alleged or believed insinuations they were eating lobster.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:01 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Still waiting for one Con to explain why a person cannot buy the basic foods listed on their listing of prohibited foods. Me thinks not one of you has any defense for it so you talk about someone you supposedly saw buying a slushy with their card, jeez who cares. Just so ya know this Will come back to haunt Walker, if his own fellow Republican candidates do not use it against him (they will) the Dems will, you people are your own worst enemy and are too stupid to actually realize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies