Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 02:33 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,385,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
if you dont want to talk about race, then dont, but it is a real issue, and her speech is only divisive to those who have chosen a side in their mind.
Fair minded people even see her speech as an extremely poor case of sour grapes. That creature Michelle realizes her time is almost up now and we are all seeing the real Michelle "For the first time I'm proud of my country" Obama letting it all out and pulling no punches.

She's a piece of garbage that makes me embarrassed for America.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
"Because she's black"

Nothing but a crutch you use.
Be all, end all , cover all.

Just throw it out there.
Crutch? She's got degrees from two Ivies and she's also the first lady...she doesn't need a crutch. Therefore, I don't need a crutch to call you out in your lame attempt to talk around race while being blatantly false in your premise.

So yeah...I threw it out there. It stuck by the way. She said nothing wrong in her speech. You folks are just butthurt because in your minds, she's not allowed to discuss racial issues as they've pertained to her.

She's supposed to say "white folks all love you and you'll never face any racism or marginalization because you're black. It'll all be honky dory. You know....Because we don't wanna offend Bluesjuke."

Old 05-17-2015, 02:40 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Crutch? She's got degrees from two Ivies and she's also the first lady...she doesn't need a crutch. Therefore, I don't need a crutch to call you out in your lame attempt to talk around race while being blatantly false in your premise.

So yeah...I threw it out there. It stuck by the way. She said nothing wrong in her speech. You folks are just butthurt because in your minds, she's not allowed to discuss racial issues as they've pertained to her.

She's supposed to say "white folks all love you and you'll never face any racism or marginalization because you're black. It'll all be honky dory. You know....Because we don't wanna offend Bluesjuke."
Affirmative action is how that cow got degreed.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:44 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Quote:
Did you read your article, First of All, President Obama being president for 6 years doesnt change decades of neglect, and to add on, he ony had control of the legislature for 2 of those years. second one of the arguments this link makes is about school choice. sorry, that actually does more harm than good. School choice gives you an opinion, but its like a gun with no bullets. Its just an empty gesture unless someone is willing to bus all those kids to those new schools on the other side of town.

Further more, black kids in the inner city of BLUE STATES are doing far better than black people in the inner city of RED states. And to reiterate that point, the majority of black people in this country dont live in blue states, nor do they live in what many of you would call major cities. There are more black people in Georgia than in California. Think about that for a second.
Red states like Maryland?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Old 05-17-2015, 02:46 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Did you read your article, First of All, President Obama being president for 6 years doesnt change decades of neglect, and to add on, he ony had control of the legislature for 2 of those years. second one of the arguments this link makes is about school choice. sorry, that actually does more harm than good. School choice gives you an opinion, but its like a gun with no bullets. Its just an empty gesture unless someone is willing to bus all those kids to those new schools on the other side of town.

Further more, black kids in the inner city of BLUE STATES are doing far better than black people in the inner city of RED states. And to reiterate that point, the majority of black people in this country dont live in blue states, nor do they live in what many of you would call major cities. There are more black people in Georgia than in California. Think about that for a second.
Doing better? Like in Baltimore? Ferguson? Detroit?

I think not.

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The way affirmative action works, she may have gotten into those school in part due to her race. But if she graduated, she most certainly earned her degrees. If she didn't belong, she would have flunked out, right? Do you even know her college grades? Just a guess?

Mick

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Crutch? She's got degrees from two Ivies and she's also the first lady... ........
But she has had to overcome the oppression of the white man her whole life. She wasn't wanted at those fancy museums and stuff.

indeed.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:49 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,312,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
She did nothing to improve race relations, which have steadily gone downhill the past few years.
Right, race relations in the US were great until the Obamas came along.
New York in the 1980s or Boston in the 1970s or Birmingham or Mississippi in the 1960s were all shining beacons of racial harmony...

Last edited by CanuckInPortland; 05-17-2015 at 03:22 PM..

Old 05-17-2015, 02:53 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,385,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And her husband, make no mistake about it. Barrack milked AA his whole life all the way into the White House.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:00 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
And her husband, make no mistake about it. Barrack milked AA his whole life all the way into the White House.
Hmmmm, interesting. I would bet any kind of money that you wouldn't have graduated magna c um laude from Harvard Law, while serving as President of Law Review. Law school tests are graded on a blind basis, so no one other than a computer knows to whom a test number belongs. So, being an AA wouldn't help there. Professor Laurence Tribe, the consensus #1 expert on Constitutional Law in the nation, said Obama was "the best student I ever had." I know this doesn't fit a narrative, but with those credentials anyone (and I mean anyone) could waltz into ANY job in this country.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies