U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 12:16 PM

2,778 posts, read 1,421,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Eliminating those programs would stop rewarding and incentivizing irresponsible societal parasitic behavior.

You are aware that parasites eventually kill their host, no?
And so we've come to the part where you finally ditch all pretense of rationality and concern for the economy and admit that you just hate people on welfare.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I would suggest, If you are on government assistance program, we modify these programs to include some conditions for all able bodied recipients:
1. You shouldn't be allowed to vote or your voting power should be reduced.
2. Your children should be immediately put up for adoption or government foster care
And then we could perform medical experiments on them and change the flag to a giant swastika.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:24 PM

18,636 posts, read 9,559,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
And then we could perform medical experiments on them and change the flag to a giant swastika.
What's your point? People who live on other people's money should have a say in how that money should be spent. If they can't afford to raise their children, how is that good for keeping their children under their care?

Old 05-18-2015, 12:26 PM

18,636 posts, read 9,559,201 times
Quote:
And so we've come to the part where you finally ditch all pretense of rationality and concern for the economy and admit that you just hate people on welfare.
This is a classic liberal tactics. When they feel they are wrong, they just start personal attack. "Why do you hate the poor?" "Do you have no moral?" Blah, blah, blah.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
This is a classic liberal tactics. When they feel they are wrong, they just start personal attack. "Why do you hate the poor?" "Do you have no moral?" Blah, blah, blah.
I'm pretty sure that calling people irresponsible parasites isn't a ringing endorsement of their character.
And I definitely don't feel that I'm wrong... not when you're offering up gems like 'if someone is on welfare, we should take their children away from them'.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:34 PM

6,794 posts, read 2,496,003 times
Quote:
Do you really think that you're striking a blow for freedom by choosing Global_Megacorp_02 over Global_Megacorp_01?
No, but choosing to buy, or not to buy a thing is one of the few freedoms I have left. Never purchasing an Apple product really doesn't affect Apple's bottom line, and it isn't like other big computer corps out there don't make money off me, but I still have a choice, including not buying any tech at all. Only way I lose my right to choose is when government takes it away from me and does so with force, as they have with health insurance. Apple does not, and as of this moment in time cannot, force me to do anything. If I am bummed on their tax avoidance structuring, I can protest with my wallet by not giving them my business. A small freedom, but freedom nonetheless.
Quote:
So let's say America decides to use honey. Then Ireland starts to use Ice Cream. Then America decides to use Ice Cream with chocolate syrup, whipped cream and a cherry on top. Then Ireland decides it's time to switch to heroin. And so on and so on until every society across the planet exists solely to serve the interests of the corporations that control everything.

You can't break free of a black hole by flying straight into it.
Nor can you avoid the event horizon of the totalitarian welfare state by either denying its existence or telling me it's for my own good.

Apple sells products to the entire planet, but you and the other welfare statists think all that revenue belongs to the US government and its people simply because Apple was formed in the US. The fallacy first required for that thinking is that Apple, the corporation and all it earns/spends/does, belongs to the United States. It is US sovereign property, not its own corporate entity that actually belongs to the shareholders/owners. Your argument is premised on that falsehood, whether you know it or not. That's why the angst about Apple profits in other countries and taxes....Apple, so far as you and the other welfare state tyrants believe, is American property, not Irish or EU property, and profits made by American property belong to America and nobody else.

Essentially, to believe as you or any welfare state tyrant will, one first has to believe that we are all state property, dependent on the state for our daily bread, thus beholden to the state as loyal and dutiful subjects. Only in that way can you look at Apple's revenue made outside the US as somehow belonging to the US, or that force is the best way to make disobedient properties of the state act like good dogs.

It's simple tyranny. I know...I know....it's "for the children" and our own good and all that. All it requires is everyone being property of Leviathan, and from the master's table shall we receive our scraps. How does one so completely shed any scrap of individuality in order to accept life as a thrall to the state? It is thinking I am literally incapable of understanding.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:01 PM

78,224 posts, read 33,331,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
I pay way more than my share of taxes for all these tax supported institutions. I pay enough to pay a bunch of other people's share. The real issue is that lowlife welfare recipients contribute nothing to the system while pretending that they do. Yes, you can go on and on and every bit of it is as far from logical as it's possible to get because all you are ever doing is justifying your entitlement position and your desire for other people's money.
There was a time I was working 50 plus hours and was still having a hard time making ends meet. I had 4 kids to feed. I was in sales and the economy was doing poorly. I hated to but for a bit we signed up and got food stamps. Yes, the thing to do in cases like that is look for a better job which I did and did eventually get.

Was I contributing nothing?

Old 05-18-2015, 01:02 PM

9,985 posts, read 6,740,631 times
If I were in charge, the job-stealing anti-American company called Apple,
outsourcer of its labor and its research to foreign countries in Asia, Israel,
and other tax havens should be the target of US citizens. We should pass
laws to slap tariffs on them, and price controls to stop them from passing
that cost on to US consumers. If they fail to comply, then strip them of
all their copyrights in the US and support an American challenger.
No more parasites feeding off the host. Time to show them who has the power.
Don't like it ? Then no access and no legal protection in American market.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:07 PM

29,189 posts, read 15,340,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Why do you think it's someone else's job to pay for your way in life?
I'm guessing that's either a rhetorical question or you haven't read many of his posts.

It appears as though he believes everybody owes him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
If I were in charge, the job-stealing anti-American company called Apple,
outsourcer of its labor and its research to foreign countries in Asia, Israel,
and other tax havens should be the target of US citizens. We should pass
laws to slap tariffs on them, and price controls to stop them from passing
that cost on to US consumers. If they fail to comply, then strip them of
all their copyrights in the US and support an American challenger.
No more parasites feeding off the host. Time to show them who has the power.
Don't like it ? Then no access and no legal protection in American market.
And we they go completely offshore, will you say we should bomb them?

Old 05-18-2015, 01:12 PM

9,985 posts, read 6,740,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm guessing that's either a rhetorical question or you haven't read many of his posts.

It appears as though he believes everybody owes him.

And we they go completely offshore, will you say we should bomb them?
Apple already IS virtually completely offshore. They have to be forced to
bring things back here. In my scenario, they wouldn't do that, they would
want the American market, so in order to sell in that market, they would
make the necessary changes which otherwise they never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies