Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 01:29 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Seeing as we live in a world of computers, I don't think people think technology runs seamlessly (which is just your opinion) as we all have experienced glitches and computer crashing. Who said anything about crashing? It always seems to be "glitches". A "glitch" doesn't come close to a system crashing.

I wonder if you would be saying the same thing if this was happening under a republican administration
I would be saying the same thing, even if a Republican was in office....though I probably wouldn't really give this topic much attention either because glitches are common in the tech world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 01:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
People.."glitches" happen with automated software.

These were USCIS applications. Not automated. Someone had to look over the application and process it.

There is a boatload of paperwork that must be submitted with NEW applications which a human must verify and then accept.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:03 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

These were USCIS applications. Not automated. Someone had to look over the application and process it.

There is a boatload of paperwork that must be submitted with NEW applications which a human must verify and then accept.
LOL! Where did everyone go?

Old 05-18-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:

Well if that is the case, then it would mean someone isn't doing their job correctly, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was automated software of some kind. Regardless, glitches happen, not really something anyone should freak out about.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:18 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well if that is the case, then it would mean someone isn't doing their job correctly, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was automated software of some kind. Regardless, glitches happen, not really something anyone should freak out about.
Sure seems to be a lot more in Govt than private sector. If I wrote code like that I wouldn't be employed.

Glitch usually equals covering up someone's F-up.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Sure seems to be a lot more in Govt than private sector. If I wrote code like that I wouldn't be employed.

Glitch usually equals covering up someone's F-up.
Then there must be a lot of people getting fired at Microsoft, Samsung, Adobe, and Google all the time because it seems like I am always dealing with their glitches.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:22 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
You did not have to go any further...(the bold part)

But really, do you think something this important would be automated?

Old 05-18-2015, 08:18 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
The computers didn't randomly pick people to process.
Someone had to input/select that info and hit "enter".

I have to say "Bingo!!" to this.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Oh, lord. Did I not say we live in a world of computers? Almost everything we do is technology connected. I've lived through the transition taking us into the technological world that we live in. I know people who were CIO's. I worked for a CIO.

You just don't see how convenient the timing is do you?

The problems are not "glitches" as the WH claims. The problem just might be what programmers are told to do. Isn't that a possibility???

Oh it had to be a glitch, the Judge was already mad about being lied too.
A new excuse was in order.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Actually technology glitches happen all the time, ask anyone that works in tech support....
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. Welcome to the software world. The amazing thing is how many things go right to be honest with you.

The Administration thanks you for your timely running to their defense "no matter what" once again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies