Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 10:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
NAFTA aligns completely with Neocon policies and goals. Clinton was not a Neocon on paper but he did everything in their interests.

Sad how some would rather blame whole groups of Americans, than recognize that our manufacturing base has been wiped out and we have waged the longest and costliest war in American history where these jobs once were. I won't even get into discriminatory housing and lending policies over the decades, and the harm inflicted on those who are forced to live in these areas.

Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos : NPR

A lot of hatred is being revealed here...
Oh, so now liberals are backtracking on their slobbering love affair with All Things Clinton?â„¢

Interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 10:38 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Bill Clinton signed NAFTA. Bill Clinton gave China Most Favored Nation status and made permanent normal trade relations with China.

Bill Clinton created that "giant sucking sound" that Ross Perot warned us about. Manufacturing jobs left this country in droves.

Bill Clinton is not a "neocon."

Your post is intellectually dishonest.
Bill Clinton made a huge mistake when he believed the Republicans were doing what was best for Americans when they sent him NAFTA to be signed.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:39 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Oh, so now liberals are backtracking on their slobbering love affair with All Things Clinton?™

Interesting.
Sheesh-it's hard to have a conversation with someone that only wants to put someone in a neatly labeled box.

I am no fan of Clinton-or ANY President in my lifetime. They have ALL been Puppets, awful for America.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:42 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Ghettos have been around for centuries. I think its often drug related violence and its said murder is the leading cause of death among young blacks males. IMO; it takes individual effort to get out of such situations not collective as always.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:14 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Sadly, Baltimore is not alone. There are whole chunks of cities across the country that have been abandoned and left to rot by globalists/Neocon policies." Really?Where did you come up with that?

Baltimore

Population is 68 % black

police department is 68 % black

fire department is 58% black;

school district is 86% black

school teachers are 72% black;

city council is 90% black;

Mayor is a black;

chief of police is black;

54% of population is on welfare;

and they believe the whites are

the reason they are living in poverty

Some just CAN'T face reality and want to blame others!
So what's your point.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Bill Clinton made a huge mistake when he believed the Republicans were doing what was best for Americans when they sent him NAFTA to be signed.
He had the option to veto it and didn't do it.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Sheesh-it's hard to have a conversation with someone that only wants to put someone in a neatly labeled box.

I am no fan of Clinton-or ANY President in my lifetime. They have ALL been Puppets, awful for America.
As the presumptive Democratic nominee, does Hillary Clinton have your vote? Yes or No.

We know the answer. Whether you are truthful or not is another matter.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:38 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
He had the option to veto it and didn't do it.
Yes he did, that is why I said his biggest mistake was believing the Republicans that NAFTA was good for the country. It turns out the bill they sent to Clinton was not good for Americans, but it was good for corporations.

I wonder what your opinion about NAFTA would have been if the first Bush had signed it like he was planning on doing if he had won reelection?

Old 05-18-2015, 01:55 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
As the presumptive Democratic nominee, does Hillary Clinton have your vote? Yes or No.

We know the answer. Whether you are truthful or not is another matter.
HELL no. And I am not a registered Democrat, I am Independent.

Old 05-18-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes he did, that is why I said his biggest mistake was believing the Republicans that NAFTA was good for the country. It turns out the bill they sent to Clinton was not good for Americans, but it was good for corporations.

I wonder what your opinion about NAFTA would have been if the first Bush had signed it like he was planning on doing if he had won reelection?
I was a Ross Perot supporter. Everyone with a brain knew he was right when he said that a "giant sucking sound" will be heard as US manufacturing moves south to Mexico. Therefore, my position on NAFTA would have been the same no matter who signed it.

But let's not cloud the issue. Bush could have signed NAFTA...and perhaps he would have if given the opportunity to sign a final bill. The fact of the matter is that Bill Clinton was the anti-Bush/anti-Reagan....a new direction for America....a disposal of the old Cold War era and an ushering in of a New America. Your continued hypothesis that NAFTA was a creation of the GOP, while not wrong overall, completely ignores the fact that the NEW American president continued with the status quo, and that falls 100% on Bill Clinton's shoulders. That's what separation of powers embodies.....Congress passes legislation and the President chooses whether to sign it into law. Clinton made that choice.....the blame rests 100% with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies