Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2015, 08:01 PM

76 posts, read 76,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
You're right... It works very well in North Korea.
I think it works pretty well in Japan. It also works well within the European Union, though the situation is slightly messier than in Japan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 08:40 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccdan View Post
I think it works pretty well in Japan. It also works well within the European Union, though the situation is slightly messier than in Japan.
Well, in Japan, the gun has been substituted with the knife and sword, while in the EU they are more creative. They bludgeon one another to death with any variety of instruments. There are fewer shootings though... Personally I would rather be shot.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:16 PM

76 posts, read 76,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Well, in Japan, the gun has been substituted with the knife and sword, while in the EU they are more creative. They bludgeon one another to death with any variety of instruments. There are fewer shootings though... Personally I would rather be shot.
Maybe you should take a look at their murder rates vs. the US. It's far easier (mentally) to kill with a gun than with an object.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:25 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Gun control only works when it is applied NATIONWIDE and when there are LENGTHY PRISON TERMS for mere possession of a firearm(not to speak of using them).
Bzzz. Try again. Why should I lose my rights because some urban animals 2,000 miles away can't behave in a civilized manner? It should be obvious to anyone with half a brain that guns aren't the problem.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:34 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Maybe you should take a look at their murder rates vs. the US. It's far easier (mentally) to kill with a gun than with an object.
Maybe you should go look at how those results are obtained. Perhaps you might even want to consider going there to live for a while. Just a hint. Some of the places you are referring to would scare you to death. Even in your esteemed Japan and the UK. We are not the UK, and we are not Japan. The sooner you come to grips with that the happier you will be. We will keep our guns and you and your ilk will not take them. Guns have a purpose not only here but throughout the world. I have owned guns all of my life and I have never killed a single soul in this country, I have also never had a gun stolen. That you have a paranoia of firearms is not my responsibility. To maintain my rights to have, maintain and protect myself with a firearm is. Don't plan on anything changing any time soon.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:40 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,769,609 times
49 shootings in Chicago? But, but, black lives matter!

Old 06-14-2015, 09:42 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
That is the true leftist probem, blame the thing and not the person.
The left do not like taking responsiblity for them self. case in point Begazi and Hillery.

Old 06-15-2015, 05:44 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
Texas just had a blood bath in which 25 were shot and 9 killed in one day alone
Some by the police.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 06-15-2015 at 05:54 AM..

Old 06-15-2015, 04:35 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Which gun are you talking about? please tell us...and be VERY careful or you'll get a mouthful of crap as most uninformed anti gunners do....

And provide link or links, because I provide a FBI link with my backing.....

Old 06-15-2015, 06:13 PM

72,978 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Well, this isn't Japan. Different culture.

Jamaica tried restricting access to gun laws. Murder rate spiked. People who wanted guns smuggled them in.

Respect for the law must exist in order for a law to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies