U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 01:50 PM

2,869 posts, read 2,820,834 times

Advertisements

It's too late now. The New World Order marxists had their way when they implemented the Immigration and Nationality Act in 1965.

Now we will all see (or are already seeing) the implosion of America - it's rotting out from within. Several decades from now America will be a turd of a nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 02:31 PM

2,499 posts, read 1,120,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Your thread title is "Can't increase median income if we keep importing hispanics." I didn't realize that we are still "importing" human beings this day and age, but you are clearly referring to new illegal immigrants.

You recognize that the chart does not reflect salary information for illegal aliens, right? Why? No illegal in his right mind would participate in a voluntary survey conducted by the Feds. It's a survey of employees, not employers. Think about it.

As such, it doesn't matter how many more Latinos illegally enter the country and work, because whatever they earn is not going to be reflected in the median income statistics you cite.

Mick
Hahaha.......WOW. Illegal aliens likely make even less money than than the hispanic average listed on the chart, chief.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-19-2015 at 03:17 PM..

Old 05-19-2015, 02:40 PM

6,311 posts, read 3,320,287 times
Hispanic immigrants both illegal and legal send most of their money back to their home countries. That's a big reason why we should be employing Americans instead -- to keep the money here. It is the second highest income for Mexico after gas and oil. We are basically supporting Mexico's poverty while their percent GDP passed ours up a few years ago.

Last edited by mountainrose; 05-19-2015 at 03:17 PM..

Old 05-19-2015, 02:45 PM

32,979 posts, read 19,952,237 times
I have to say that generally speaking, I have a great respect for Hispanics' work ethic. I don't blame the Hispanics, they are not the only one who come to the country illegally.

Probably the most under-reported story of the last 30 years is the fact that the largest immigration in the history of the U.S. has occurred during the last 30 years. One hundred million new immigrants, and no one reports on it. Why? I think the answer is that the large corporations, don't want you to know.

There is no doubt in my mind that most illegals are nice, hard working people. But please look at the big picture here. Most of them make around $20,000 - $25,000 a year and have an average of 2-3 + kids. Citizenship means an automatic eligibility for food stamps, free school lunches, subsidized housing, Medicaid, etc....

Old 05-19-2015, 02:51 PM

18,219 posts, read 9,441,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have to say that generally speaking, I have a great respect for Hispanics' work ethic. I don't blame the Hispanics, they are not the only one who come to the country illegally.

Probably the most under-reported story of the last 30 years is the fact that the largest immigration in the history of the U.S. has occurred during the last 30 years. One hundred million new immigrants, and no one reports on it. Why? I think the answer is that the large corporations, don't want you to know.
I feel the same way. Most Hispanics I know are hard working and just trying to better the lives of themselves and their families so I don't blame them at all. From a global perspective, maybe it's for the best. But it has repressed wages in the areas where there has been a large Hispanic settlement which has been great for some industries getting inexpensive labor. But I still also believe if you don't control your border, you don't control the fate of your country which is scary.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:52 PM

32,979 posts, read 19,952,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I feel the same way. Most Hispanics I know are hard working and just trying to better the lives of themselves and their families so I don't blame them at all. From a global perspective, maybe it's for the best. But it has repressed wages in the areas where there has been a large Hispanic settlement which has been great for some industries getting inexpensive labor. But I still also believe if you don't control your border, you don't control the fate of your country which is scary.
agreed!

Old 05-19-2015, 03:24 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,297,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
It's too late now. The New World Order marxists had their way when they implemented the Immigration and Nationality Act in 1965.

Now we will all see (or are already seeing) the implosion of America - it's rotting out from within. Several decades from now America will be a turd of a nation.
Totally agree. I read somewhere that when American falls it will be from within.

Old 05-19-2015, 03:33 PM

36,291 posts, read 16,215,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

There is no doubt in my mind that most illegals are nice, hard working people. But please look at the big picture here. Most of them make around $20,000 - $25,000 a year and have an average of 2-3 + kids. Citizenship means an automatic eligibility for food stamps, free school lunches, subsidized housing, Medicaid, etc....
It's just plain silly to claim that any ethnic group is superior to another at anything including work ethics. You're right that Hispanics aren't the only ones who come to our country illegally but they certainly are the majority and there is no excuse for them to violate our immigration laws. I disagree that most are nice. If they were so nice they wouldn't have come to our country illegally and took a job they weren't entitled to by committing ID theft or tax evasion. They live a life of lies. Nice doesn't equate to taking a job from an American either. Nice doesn't mean squat anyway in the face of the law.

By giving birth on our soil they are already entitled to food stamps and all sorts of government freebies thru them. Guess who pays for all of this?

Old 05-19-2015, 03:33 PM

50,028 posts, read 26,510,489 times
Meh...i don't by the thread premise.

Ok, let's stop importing cheap unskilled labor. I can buy into that.

But i don't buy that as the main reason that wages are depressed.

Old 05-19-2015, 03:37 PM

9,985 posts, read 6,733,976 times
Without laws to protect workers, it doesn't matter if you import hispanics or martians.
The corporations are not going to raise wages unless they are FORCED to.
This much should be obvious to anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or