Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 05:58 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,089,357 times

Advertisements

I just read an article that the FBI admits that it has not stopped a single terrorists from snooping. I am so sick of government intrusion. My mom has a good friend whom is a hard core conservative and she believes if you don't have anything to hid no reason to worry about the Patriot Act. She is brainwashed into her beliefs about big government intrusion and that is what we have, a two party system that is all for big government. I'm just so disgusted and fed up with government. Give me liberty or give me death!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 04:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,945,307 times
The idea that if you are doing nothing wrong that you have nothing to worry about is a false flag. It may be true but the problem is, the government has no business gathering the information to start with.

Old 05-23-2015, 07:17 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,805,069 times
The Patriot Act and No Child Left Behind were two pieces of garbage that should be done away with, period.

Old 05-23-2015, 07:19 AM

9,879 posts, read 7,990,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Call your Congress critter and demand that the Patriot Act be eliminated from the land of the free.
After all, we are the home of the brave.
I agree. Kill it. ^^^^I have! Pass it on

Old 05-23-2015, 08:57 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,401,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
The Patriot Act and No Child Left Behind were two pieces of garbage that should be done away with, period.

And they keep trying to call GW a Conservative. Nothing Conservative about those two pieces of legislation. Those two are all about control and oppression of liberty.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:20 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,960,434 times
Thanks to Rand Paul the Patriot Act extension is dead until May 31st. We just have to get through until midnight of that night and the bill will expire.

Old 05-23-2015, 10:44 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,401,031 times
Thanks to people that actually care and contact their congress critters.... Rand just stated the obvious.
Guess how many that signed the Patriot Act, still hold office...... I say we did hold them accountable, eventually.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:38 AM

31,288 posts, read 20,652,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Check out the ads that show up on your computer? Look familiar? Private companies have the legal right to follow consumers buying habits; Google, Facebook they have the right to "spy" on your posts and your searches. Telemarketers have the right to continue calling your private phone line trying to get you to spend money. Yet Americans are concerned because NSA can look at your phone records (not the audio) and see who is calling who? Really? Are we that pathetic?
Last time I checked, Google does not have a police force who can shoot me. If you don't understand the difference, I can't help you.

Quote:
I have nothing to hide, hell, they can listen to my phone calls for all I care.
Lot's of people who have nothing to hide have been harmed by government. Are you aware of all laws? There are 27,000 pages of federal law and 10,000 administrative regulations. How do you know you are not breaking the law? How do you know your kid doesn't have an ounce of marijuana in his closet?

Lots of people have gotten in trouble when they thought everything they were doing was legal. Remember this pathetic case? This innocent woman "had nothing to hide".

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/14/us...-dropped-.html

Lots of people have been targeted by the government for their politics (witness the recent IRS scandal), their ancestry (Japanese Americans in WWII), etc.

You could even be targeted for posting on this web site. Have you ever searched using the word "divorce" or "abortion" or "drug" or dozens of other words that you think are innocent but somebody else might not? Are you sure that nobody in your family is involved with anything illegal? Or people you eat dinner with? Or play golf with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies