Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 02:42 PM

16,826 posts, read 14,992,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
tell us what characteristics you see in these 3 men that let you know they're black thugs.
They certainly aren't clean-cut-looking men, now, are they?

Also, the clothing, the vernacular, among other things, are easily distinguishable.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:43 PM

613 posts, read 459,698 times
Quote:
I'm sure the guy who was viciously attacked would be happy to trade your boredom for his kicked-in head.
Lord.... why?

Old 05-20-2015, 02:50 PM

52,221 posts, read 33,935,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Lord.... why?
why? i have no idea why you find people getting their heads kicked in so very boring. i was hoping you could tell us

Old 05-20-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
They certainly aren't clean-cut-looking men, now, are they?

Also, the clothing, the vernacular, among other things, are easily distinguishable.
they look pretty normal to me. if went out of my way to avoid dudes that looked like that where I live, I'd pretty much have to hide indoors 24/7.
what are you seeing about their clothing that tips you off?

speech, maybe. that only works if you hear them say something.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:52 PM

40,919 posts, read 48,840,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityBassWorks View Post
I don't even know how to respond to this...... these people should be in prison for at least the next 20 years......
Problem with that is then people would complain about how high the Prison rate is for young Black men and that it's an injustice to taint these men with prison records.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:03 PM

613 posts, read 459,698 times
Quote:
why? i have no idea why you find people getting their heads kicked in so very boring. i was hoping you could tell us
I already did. Over and over. And over.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:10 PM

2,681 posts, read 2,162,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Please enlighten me on who are these Black figures are that promote the behavior you described.

"but it seems like the "let's riot" response of the black community to perceived harms is excused or accepted by middle class blacks and their leaders, and that only tends to reinforce the perception that "they're all the same."

You really want to go there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6boQ3UriYY

Does the same apply for Whites?
As I said earlier, Im not a regular listener of Hip Hop or the Urban Sound, so I cannot off the top of my head give you names, cd's etc. However, I have heard more tracks than I can count extolling the excitement and rewards of "Thug Life." Do you deny that this is a popular theme in contemporary black music and fashion? That Thug Life is romanticized much the same way that the Pimp Lifestyle was in black music and film in the '80s? As before, its the image of black Americans that suffers. Who's making money off this music? White people? There is probably no more effective way to influence youth -- black or white -- than the content of their music.

As to your video clip: I've made it clear that I don't believe blacks have a monopoly on violence. However, white group violence tends to be more focused on sports events (in Europe as well) and when it does get politicized, there's rarely any question that we're talking about extremism. In contrast black violence such as the incident in Baltimore gets politicized and justified as a struggle of the people against white oppression, even when its abundantly clear that most of the looters were just out to get some free stuff.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:26 PM

30,444 posts, read 21,652,521 times
Quote:
tell us what characteristics you see in these 3 men that let you know they're black thugs.
They look pretty normal. I probably wouldn't think twice about passing by them, so I would probably get my head kicked in too.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
They look pretty normal. I probably wouldn't think twice about passing by them, so I would probably get my head kicked in too.
same here. guys that look like that are exceedingly common, so I'm interested in learning how 'any adult' should be able to recognize these guys as trouble.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:36 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,648,317 times
I will only say what is clear, these people who beat other humans are violent folks who should be locked up. Simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies