U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 07:19 PM

19,495 posts, read 20,835,622 times

Advertisements

My favorite cartoonish political figure was named Secretary of State as a consolation prize, fell down and bumped her head, disappeared from public view for several months, and seems annoyed that she has to go through the tiresome process of an election to become the first female to reaffirm America's helpless infatuation with avaricious and incompetent leaders.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:31 PM

7,479 posts, read 5,765,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
Starting, I vote across parties lines. Next, I'm just trying to show a counter balance to your comments.

During my time in CA, 9 years, I knew many, many crazies on the left...like truly off their rocker to the left. CA is filled with them. There are so many, the ones that are don't realize how crazy they are. The worst of it was when Bush beat Gore in that election, and I understood that, since the game was so close. My brother has become one when he talks politics, complete blinders to what his side does wrong while highlighting what the other team does wrong.

Now I live in IL, it was great when Jesse Jackson Jr got re-elected while being treated for bi-polar disorder, at the same time Derek Smith got "re-elected" after just being kicked out of the IL house for a corruption indictment. Crazy.

This isn't to say I don't know crazies on the right, I do, I'm just showing how ridiculous both sides are.
CA may be the exception to the pattern I've seen - that state is rather odd at times - but it is still a state with a majority of Democrats, so it should come as no surprise that you've encountered more crazy people on the left than on the right since the population of people on the left is considerably higher there.

My own experiences, however, tell a different tale. If states dominated by those on the left still are able to produce far more crazies on the right, that definitely indicates a problem with those on the far right.

Now, I have no real love of either party, and both are full of sell-outs. That being said, at least those on the left typically don't garnish their sell-out behavior with an unhealthy side order of ignorance, bigotry, and violence fetishes, such as we've seen from the far right all too often.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:33 PM

7,479 posts, read 5,765,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
My favorite cartoonish political figure was named Secretary of State as a consolation prize, fell down and bumped her head, disappeared from public view for several months, and seems annoyed that she has to go through the tiresome process of an election to become the first female to reaffirm America's helpless infatuation with avaricious and incompetent leaders.
Again, typical right wing lunacy - blaming a person for a medical condition that led to an injury and holding that as "proof" that they are a terrible person. I'd expect nothing else from a party that hates the poor, those unable to afford health care, and so on.

Still, if we could get stupidity and ignorance declared as medical conditions, the right-wing clown car of candidates would suddenly be worthy of sympathy, I suppose...

Old 05-22-2015, 09:29 PM

19,495 posts, read 20,835,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Again, typical right wing lunacy - blaming a person for a medical condition that led to an injury and holding that as "proof" that they are a terrible person. I'd expect nothing else from a party that hates the poor, those unable to afford health care, and so on.

Still, if we could get stupidity and ignorance declared as medical conditions, the right-wing clown car of candidates would suddenly be worthy of sympathy, I suppose...
I never said she was "terrible". Just terribly unqualified. Like the rest of the crew currently vying for POTUS.

What Is really deserving of the sobriquets "stupid" and "ignorant" is the blind allegiance some partisans display toward their political messiah. I hasten to add that I have none. You, on the other hand....

Old 05-22-2015, 11:06 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,011,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
It's all a great big game, democracy doesn't work without choices, and these are the choices you're given.
That would be fine if "none of the above" was also offered as a choice.

Old 05-23-2015, 01:49 AM

8,872 posts, read 13,495,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
I agree that Rubio looks about the best right now, and he's too young. Reps have a chance though; Hillary is the Democrat even Democrats don't like much.
Rubio right. He lied about his family's history of coming to this country and he is very awkward on camera. They'll be showing that clip of him grabbing the water bottle until the day he dies. He has flip-flopped massively on immigration, which should be his area of expertise. Just a couple of years ago, Bush's AG Alberto Gonzales said Rubio wasn't qualified to be VICE president, yet two years later, he's OK for the head job? Rubio keeps talking about the New American Century, yet he hasn't indicated in any way, shape, or form what that should look like. Empty slogans, empty water bottle.

Old 05-23-2015, 01:52 AM

1,078 posts, read 796,854 times
Not to mention they are Hypocrites..... They preach about the "Sanctity of Marriage, Good Christian family values". Yet behind close doors, they try to solicit sex from a male police officer in the bathroom.

Here is a HUGE list of Convicted Republican Sex Offenders........ See the age of the victims.
Now we know what GOP stands for. Greedy Old Perverts.

GOP Pervert Hall of SHame - Recovering Liberal

Republican County Constable Larry Dale Floyd was arrested on suspicion of soliciting sex with an 8-year old girl. Floyd has repeatedly won elections for Denton County, Texas, constable.
Republican judge Mark Pazuhanich of Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania pled no contest to fondling a 10-year old girl and was sentenced to 10 years probation.
Republican Party leader Bobby Stumbo of Floyd County, Kentucky was arrested for having sex with a 5-year old boy.
Republican teacher and former city councilman John Collins of Asbury Park, New Jersey pled guilty to sexually molesting 13 and 14 year old girls.
Republican campaign worker Mark Seidensticker of Nashua, New Hampshire is a convicted child molester.
Republican Mayor Philip Giordano of Waterbury, Connecticut is serving a 37-year sentence in federal prison for sexually abusing 8 and 10-year old girls.
Republican Mayor John Gosek of Oswego, New York was arrested on charges of soliciting sex from two 15-year old girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies