Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 02:30 PM

522 posts, read 692,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I'm a registered "NO PARTY" because I vote for the person, not the party. I did vote for Romney because AFA Obama and all the promises and lies and HOPE he has done absolutely NOTHING. Unemployment is high, foreclosures are at an all time high, people who lost their homes from Sandy are still waiting for some help, he "believes" Iran and wants to do nice, ISIS is becoming stronger, thanks to his pulling our troops out too soon and his failure to do nothing in Syria, drawing a red line? HUH? He's big on global warming, even though the American way of life is going down the tubes, he has no leadership qualities. Gosh I could go on and on, and now you're telling me HIllary is going to take the WH? Hillary who only became a NY senator so she could get her foot in the door to become Secretary of State, which she accomplished nothing, other than greasing her foundation (remember she was broke when she left the WH) now she is going to get back in the WH with slick Willie? It would be another 4 years of OBAMA...NOTHING.
The president is not a dictator, he cannot pass whatever bills he dreams up. It's not fully up to him what gets done and what doesn't... there's a whole other disaster he has to go through called congress.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:34 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
Poor Americans
  • Most are completely lost in the false "conservative" vs "liberal", "red" vs "blue", "right" vs "left" war.
  • Either Democrat and hate Republican or Republican and hate Democrat not realizing there is essentially no substantial difference between either party.
  • They endlessly fault the "other" party for things which they gladly ignore when it's "their" party doing it.
  • See themselves as "independent" voter when in reality, they could never bring themselves to vote for anyone on the other side.
  • Voting has become voting for the lesser of whatever they think is evil, forgetting this plan always means you vote for evil.
Hence we get exactly what we see here in this topic. A big delusional argument over a bunch of millionaire career politicians who don't give a rat's ass about them.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:34 PM

110 posts, read 122,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Pooba-9 View Post
I'm a registered Democrat for over 25 years but I try to look at the GOP objectively as I can.

However, I'm really puzzled at how they keep dredging up these total buffoons to represent their party in Presidential elections! I won't even get started about Dubya, who had the speaking skills of an 8th grader who rode the short yellow bus if you get my drift. GW Bush should be in front of a firing squad for all the lies about WMD's. Sarah Palin is like the punchline of a really bad junior high joke.

Just take this guy Dr. Ben Carson. A Yale graduate and youngest black chief neurosurgeon in the history of the United States, and yet he honestly believes homosexuality is a "choice" and that evolution is fake? They should revoke his medical license for even saying such drivel. Who would see a doctor with a brain as confused and ignorant as this man's?

And what about Jeb Bush --- the ultimate flip-floppity waffling liar? One day he says he would invade Iraq all over again, and the next day he says he wouldn't do it. Can anyone trust this dude with even the simplest questions?

Chris Christie ran up over $83,000 in NJ taxpayer dollars on snacks and booze at NFL games? Swear to God, that's something you'd hear from a stand up comedian, but it's actually true! Oh my, that is sooo pathetic and sad.

Can't wait to see Ol' Bible-Thumper Rick Santorum ramp up his schtick again. This weirdo wants to immediately launch Crusades in every Middle Eastern country and strap gay men to Tomahawk missiles in order to bomb Tehran and Pyongyang back to the Stone Age. What a lovely tolerant Christian, eh?

Hillary is laughing at how easy it will be to take the White House in 2016. Bill is already making the talk show rounds and it's looking like a victory tour, folks.
Because the MSM has convinced you that they are. You are a very good audience!

Old 05-20-2015, 02:39 PM

30,562 posts, read 18,061,935 times
As opposed to the Democratic front-runner who has a serious problem with the truth (from lying about being under fire while in a war zone to misleading the public on Benghazi to engaging in Nixonian tactics regarding her internet server to lying about only using one private email account while SOS, and the list goes on and on) and who wants amnesty provided to illegal immigrants? Give me a break

Old 05-20-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well your a newbie, and hopefully not a troll or additional ID for someone else.

You say that you try to look at the GOP objectively, but then start a thread calling them names and impugning them.
Presumably all the while ignoring how unethical & hypocritical the current (D) frontrunner is.
Still I will try to give you the benefit of the doubt and take you at your word. Lets find out;

In the last 25 years, how many times have you voted (R) in a presidential election?
How many time have you voted (R) for Congress (House & Senate)?

I ask because on a cruise one day the couple we were sitting with brought up politics (last thing I wanted to discuss while on vacation). However after listening to them go on about how moderate they thought they were (even though it was obvious to me they were hard core leftists) I asked them the same question. They proceeded to say they had always voted (D) going back to the days of McGovern.
They had also never voted for an (R) for senator, nor as a Congressman.
I couldn't help but point out how their self image politically was delusional, as no one could vote that consistently for one party and still be fair and open-minded.
I pointed out how I leaned right, but had voted for (D's) over the years, especially the ones who were either moderate to conservative(dying breed), or if they were more qualified for the job. I also pointed out how I had voted for the (D) one time because the incumbent (R) was a kook.

The moral of the story is that many like to think of themselves as far minded willing to give the other party a fair shake.
However if they were to be honest with themselves, they'd likely want one of those old style booths (I think they still have in some of the northeaster states/cities) and pull one lever for everyone of their party from POTUS to dog catcher.
This without regard to whom would be a better candidate or was more qualified. Another words voting party over country.
Yet they delude themselves into thinking they are fair-minded.

`
I agree. I know someone who likes to rant about being a political independent/moderate, only to then state in the same breath that she would never support a Republican Now I'm honest about my beliefs. I never claim to be an independent in the sense that many understand, but rather that I am a constitutionalist. I'll support a Democrat or Republican if their views align with mine on interpreting/applying the Constitution to daily governance.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:51 PM

837 posts, read 2,330,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I'm a registered "NO PARTY" because I vote for the person, not the party. I did vote for Romney because AFA Obama and all the promises and lies and HOPE he has done absolutely NOTHING. Unemployment is high, foreclosures are at an all time high, people who lost their homes from Sandy are still waiting for some help, he "believes" Iran and wants to do nice, ISIS is becoming stronger, thanks to his pulling our troops out too soon and his failure to do nothing in Syria, drawing a red line? HUH? He's big on global warming, even though the American way of life is going down the tubes, he has no leadership qualities. Gosh I could go on and on, and now you're telling me HIllary is going to take the WH? Hillary who only became a NY senator so she could get her foot in the door to become Secretary of State, which she accomplished nothing, other than greasing her foundation (remember she was broke when she left the WH) now she is going to get back in the WH with slick Willie? It would be another 4 years of OBAMA...NOTHING.
Umm, yea, Unemployment is at an all time low

Foreclosures are at pre-market crash levels

FEMA speaks for itself, I'd be happy to hear otherwise

Sandy Recovery Office | FEMA.gov

Iran negotiations have been touted as "historic," well wouldn't that fall into the HOPE & CHANGE category?

Umm, it was Bush who signed the Status of Forces Agreement" that led to troop withdrawel

Obama wanted to keep 10,000 troops in Iraq, ABC's Raddatz claims | PunditFact

Consumer Confidence at an all time high since the crash

Do facts even mean anything to you, or do you mostly go off how you feel?

Old 05-20-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg View Post
Umm, yea, Unemployment is at an all time low

Do facts even mean anything to you, or do you mostly go off how you feel?

Its getting tiring explaining the state of our economy

First and foremost, the unemployment rate has largely decreased due to the fact that people dropped out of the work force/gave up looking for work. Here's a little taste of what's been happening: Unemployment Rate Drops for Wrong Reasons - Real Time Economics - WSJ. This is why our labor participation rate remains at a decade's low, which is not a good thing. Source: Labor Force Participation Rate September 2014 - Business Insider In total, one million more people have dropped out of the labor force than have found work under Obama (Source: Under Obama: One Million More Americans Have Dropped Out Of Work Force than Have Found a Job - Forbes). Moreover, to the extent that the "recovery" has created jobs, it has created far more low wage jobs than competitive/higher wage jobs (Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/28/bu...ones.html?_r=0). Again, that's hardly something to be proud of.

Let's be clear: if the economic picture was as rosy as the official unemployment rate indicated, the Democrats would still have control of Congress.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:02 PM

522 posts, read 692,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

First and foremost, the unemployment rate has largely decreased due to the fact that people dropped out of the work force/gave up looking for work. Here's a little taste of what's been happening: Unemployment Rate Drops for Wrong Reasons - Real Time Economics - WSJ. This is why our labor participation rate remains at a decade's low, which is not a good thing. Source: Labor Force Participation Rate September 2014 - Business Insider In total, one million more people have dropped out of the labor force than have found work under Obama (Source: Under Obama: One Million More Americans Have Dropped Out Of Work Force than Have Found a Job - Forbes). Moreover, to the extent that the "recovery" has created jobs, it has created far more low wage jobs than competitive/higher wage jobs (Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/28/bu...ones.html?_r=0). Again, that's hardly something to be proud of.

Let's be clear: if the economic picture was as rosy as the official unemployment rate indicated, the Democrats would still have control of Congress.
The Democrats don't have control of Congress because young people didn't get off their asses and vote. The old bitty's, of course, were diligent about it.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:03 PM

17,389 posts, read 11,938,010 times
"Clown Car", "Cartoony", "Stupid".

Looks like the liberal foot soldiers have gotten their marching orders.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:14 PM

837 posts, read 2,330,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

I guess I see a white dress and you see a blue dress. No need to debate these well worn issues. I will cede to under underemployment and lower wages. However, the gains we have made, and I"m sure even you can admit we've made some gains, have all been in spite of staunch republican opposition. Who could've got anything done with unprecedented opposition sent to the hill by the "Ole Bitty's," as JC put it. They cut off their own nose to spite their face, and we STILL made progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.