Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 03:55 PM

837 posts, read 2,334,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Facts do get in the way of your fantasy beliefs that are counter to the facts.
LoL, please don't construe my unwillingness to go down your rabbit hole as a concession. The articles you posted were opinion pieces not factual data.

Old 05-20-2015, 04:10 PM

14,938 posts, read 12,136,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Pooba-9 View Post
I'm a registered Democrat for over 25 years but I try to look at the GOP objectively as I can.

However, I'm really puzzled at how they keep dredging up these total buffoons to represent their party in Presidential elections! I won't even get started about Dubya, who had the speaking skills of an 8th grader who rode the short yellow bus if you get my drift. GW Bush should be in front of a firing squad for all the lies about WMD's. Sarah Palin is like the punchline of a really bad junior high joke.

Just take this guy Dr. Ben Carson. A Yale graduate and youngest black chief neurosurgeon in the history of the United States, and yet he honestly believes homosexuality is a "choice" and that evolution is fake? They should revoke his medical license for even saying such drivel. Who would see a doctor with a brain as confused and ignorant as this man's?

And what about Jeb Bush --- the ultimate flip-floppity waffling liar? One day he says he would invade Iraq all over again, and the next day he says he wouldn't do it. Can anyone trust this dude with even the simplest questions?

Chris Christie ran up over $83,000 in NJ taxpayer dollars on snacks and booze at NFL games? Swear to God, that's something you'd hear from a stand up comedian, but it's actually true! Oh my, that is sooo pathetic and sad.

Can't wait to see Ol' Bible-Thumper Rick Santorum ramp up his schtick again. This weirdo wants to immediately launch Crusades in every Middle Eastern country and strap gay men to Tomahawk missiles in order to bomb Tehran and Pyongyang back to the Stone Age. What a lovely tolerant Christian, eh?

Hillary is laughing at how easy it will be to take the White House in 2016. Bill is already making the talk show rounds and it's looking like a victory tour, folks.
Your opinion, strictly.

Old 05-20-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
I'll just leave this here...

Combine this picture with the witchy laugh they keep playing on talk radio when they mention the Hillary, you got a winner

Old 05-20-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanCrawford View Post
The president is not a dictator, he cannot pass whatever bills he dreams up. It's not fully up to him what gets done and what doesn't... there's a whole other disaster he has to go through called congress.
Apparently you have chosen to disregard your Idol's favorite means of getting what he wants by bypassing Congress, ie his use of executive privelege. Does widespread amnesty for illegal aliens, normalising relations with Cuba and last but not least, a deal allowing Iran to develop nuclear arms ring even a tiny bell in what passes for your mind?

Old 05-20-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanCrawford View Post
The Democrats don't have control of Congress because young people didn't get off their asses and vote. The old bitty's, of course, were diligent about it.

I'd say they won Congress because of the number of folks who had had enough and DID get off their a $$es to vote. And last I checked, even the "old bittys" are entitled to vote their beliefs.

Old 05-20-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
"Clown Car", "Cartoony", "Stupid".

Looks like the liberal foot soldiers have gotten their marching orders.
Attackbots with nary an original thought in any of their minds.

Old 05-20-2015, 04:39 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,246,725 times
Admin please close this thread. It violates the forum rule of No politics

Old 05-20-2015, 04:48 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Too funny. GW had to put up with Dem controlled House and Senate his last 2 years leading to the Recession. Did you notice there were no gains (only losses and highest debts ever) when Dems controlled the President, House, & Senate and only after that staunch Republican Congress stopped the wild spending give away to Obama donors did the economy start to gain.
Nice. Whatever happened to that stimulus thing, you know something that most top economists say saved the economy from going into a depression. . . . let's ignore that. . . . maybe people will forget . . .

And, oh, the economy was already starting to recover in 2010, as noted by said economists . . . well before the Republicans took office in January 2011 following the mid-term elections.

Sorry.

Mick

Old 05-20-2015, 04:56 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

And, oh, the economy was already starting to recover in 2010, as noted by said economists . . . well before the Republicans took office in January 2011 following the mid-term elections.

Sorry.

Mick
Economists, LOL. Pseudo science salesmen never held to account for anything they say. They are there to legitimize whoever is running government at the time.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:01 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,335 times
Let me make an observation.

Obama was incredibly unpopular and reviled in 2012, going up against a very electable GOP candidate in Mitt Romney. Horrible debates, especially the first one. Could not have been worse for the Democrats.

Obama still wins by 5 million votes and by 126 electoral votes.

Can Hillary do a lot worse?

In 2012, African-American turnout increased by only 10% as compared to 2004 (thus AA vote drop-off can't be as much as being predicted by the right). Women voters will turn out more, especially single white women. Latinos will turn out more in light of immigration issues. The college kids in general would be chomping at the bit to elect the first female President.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies