Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2015, 06:43 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That's a very good post on the issue and sums it up nicely.

We Native Americans have forgiven the transgressions of the Euros against our peoples, in the making of America. We enlist in the military at 4 times the rate of whites and are considered very patriotic by all.

Never forget that No one sacrificed more, to make America what it is today than the American Indian and the Black man. You took all our land, our women and did your best to exterminate us as national policy under A. Jackson. You took the freedom away from the black man and used his labor to shape the industrial future of the nation and then freed him with nothing.
Without us, you would have no nation.

What we will not forgive is the efforts of white society to rewrite history, so that it reflects a white fantasy of the glorious, benevolent actions of the white race towards Blacks and NDNs to shape this nation and the denial of the sacrifices of the other races to make it so.
Until the white man learns to respect the Native American and the Black man for what they have given you to shape this nation, there will always be mutual disrespect in return.

I have just been released from the hospital Saturday, after a long, painful surgical procedure on my vascular system. I'm spending most my time highly drugged and in bed. If you intend to pick a fight with me over my above response to this thread, you're out of luck, as I won't be back on board for at least another week, when I'm better. Besides, I'm not really up for the predictable hate, bigotry and evil I know will be forthcoming.
I just had to dial in with my thoughts on this one thread.

Peace,

Mohawk
To be fair: the American Indian tribes did the same things to each over, even before 1492. Had the white man really done things "Indian way"; there'd probably be NO Cherokee, Mohawk, Apache, and so on alive in 2015. Some of the AI nations played for keeps like Comanche; about the only thing that kept them from winning their wars was them NOT having rifles till maybe 150 years ago.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 06:49 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
How this country came about.

name me 1 empire that was built with everything perfect? try to find one from Asia, Europe, Africa or the Americas and comeback to me.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:50 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
im not proud of united states history, but what choice do i have, they going do what they want any way.

you should be proud because a lot more positive things were done than negative that you enjoy today.

If you want a perfect world and perfect history this world is not for you.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:51 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
The fact is we are the nation that had an original document that promised unalienable rights and we are still progressing to fulfill that promise.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:07 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Life is not as black and white as we wish it to be, while America is a great nation, we also have some dark parts of our history, the destruction of the native peoples and slavery are just the two biggies that come up off the top of my head.

If you stand back and weigh all the good versus all the bad, especially in relation to other nations throughout history, America is all right and it takes a greater bigger picture understanding of history to get what I'm talking about.

It's easy for the haters to pick a few things and focus on those and come up with a somewhat offensive thread title as this one here..... again... life is full of gray

Old 05-24-2015, 07:17 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Thomas Sowell, black guy:

Quote:

But our “educators” today, along with the media, present a highly edited
segment of the history of slavery. Those who have been through our schools and
colleges, or who have seen our movies or television miniseries, may well come
away thinking that slavery means white people enslaving black people. But
slavery was a worldwide curse for thousands of years, as far back as recorded
history goes.

Over all that expanse of time and space, it is very unlikely that most
slaves, or most slave owners, were either black or white. Slavery was common
among the vast populations in Asia. Slavery was also common among the
Polynesians, and the indigenous peoples of the Western Hemisphere enslaved other
indigenous peoples before anyone on this side of the Atlantic had ever seen a
European.

More whites were brought as slaves to North Africa than blacks brought as
slaves to the United States or to the 13 colonies from which it was formed.
White slaves were still being bought and sold in the Ottoman Empire, decades
after blacks were freed in the United States.
How many people knew this?

Old 05-24-2015, 07:36 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
To be fair: the American Indian tribes did the same things to each over, even before 1492. Had the white man really done things "Indian way"; there'd probably be NO Cherokee, Mohawk, Apache, and so on alive in 2015. Some of the AI nations played for keeps like Comanche; about the only thing that kept them from winning their wars was them NOT having rifles till maybe 150 years ago.
Not to mention all that ritual mutilation and amputation, the human barbecues and cannibalism stuff. Don't think too many Europeans actually ate any Native Americans.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:00 PM

7,528 posts, read 11,362,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post

Let's see...proud of U.S. History, when it:

- Enslaved the Black people for over 300 years
- Exempted and denied Black people all the freedoms, rights and privileges which the founding fathers and the white race benefited.
- Denied the Blacks and their children the right to read, write and attend school and universities
- Allowed local, and state government policeto shoot, hose-down and allow vicious dogs attack Blacks for marching for the right to vote and express their desire to take part in this great democracy.
- Allowed Jim Crow laws to exists in states to supress Black people
- Denied black men the right to hold decent jobs, serve in the Armed Forces and feed their families
- And the list goes on...

Are Black people supposed to be proud of this?
That's what I was trying to explain in an earlier post as far as how Blacks are going to view U.S. history differently from many whites because our history and experience in the U.S is different from whites. So Blacks will generally view U.S history more critically.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:16 PM

231 posts, read 171,704 times
Quote:
That's what I was trying to explain in an earlier post as far as how Blacks are going to view U.S. history differently from many whites because our history and experience in the U.S is different from whites. So Blacks will generally view U.S history more critically.
No doubt. So will Chinese immigrants and the Navajo people.

I'm not sure how to be kind about this, but black people are a kind of footnote in US history. To most of the country, black culture and people is something you just see on TV and they really aren't in the driver's seat. Once Obama and Holder/Lynch/Jeh etc. are out of office, black input into the system will mostly be in a handful of large, highly urbanized cities.

It's all an interesting side note, but it's like listening to the Armenian view of US culture.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:48 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,014,485 times
Quote:
How this country came about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuLfqEb_zgI
Yes. Next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies